Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dead Space 2 Review

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JosefK
Villager
Villager
JosefK

Stature : 3
London, England

Dead Space 2 Review Empty
PostSubject: Dead Space 2 Review   Dead Space 2 Review I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:05 pm

Last week I had the privilege of playing through EA and Visceral Games' new survival horror shooter Dead Space 2. This entry into the series takes place three years after Isaac's adventures on the Sprawl, with our insane hero now kicking ass and cutting limbs on the 'Sprawl', a huge space station above Saturn. The plot of the game is disappointing compared to the first game. The narrative is very straight forward, with no plot twists and little explanation into what's happening in the universe. However the chilling, if tiresome encounters with an unhappy Nicole save Dead Space 2's story.
The gameplay has been tweaked since the original. There's a heightened emphasis on action, but Visceral have expertly kept the game scary. The mechanics are almost identical to those found in Dead Space 1, but now you'll be up against new terrifying breeds of Necromorphs, and the classics are back in drones. The new mentality of fighting of hordes of unique Necromorphs is definitely more challenging, but the new Stasis abilities and weapons even up the playing field, even against the formidable Stalkers (the best enemy in a survival horror game since El Gigante). This said Isaac's slow turning and the lack of an auto reload feature are prevalent handicaps. Expect to be doing less dismemberment and more wave management/Stomptrooper action. However the act of sitting down to Dead Space can feel like a chore. Dead Space 2's biggest weakness is it's genre; the slow pace and tough enemies can make playing Dead Space 2 daunting, but once your in expect to be there for some time.
The game's pacing is decent, but the final hours are very tricky and the end-of-game boss is frustrating to no end. The main story is eight to ten hours of atmospheric, edge of your seat fun and the PS3 bonus of Dead Space: Extraction HD is a fun but brief diversion. There is multiplayer but it is seriously unbalanced and removes the games atmosphere, making it feel like a cheap Left 4 Dead knockoff.
The graphics are the biggest leap over Dead Space 1. Each area feels distinct and creepy in it's own way, and some of the new creature designs are amazing. However stiff animations and odd gore effects hold the graphics off genre big hitter Resident Evil 5.
But overall Dead Space 2 is a great Survival Horror experience, arguably the best this gen, that shouldn't be missed by any fan of horror or sci fi. I give Dead Space 2 4/5.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space 2 Review   Dead Space 2 Review I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:11 pm

You're just what this forum needs, another damn brit! It's not like we have 4350943958 more of them.

Na, I'm jk. Razz

Since this is your first post. Welcome to G7. Post on the Introduction Section.

Thing is about Dead Space 2, I didn't find it scary.. Which most horror games fail to do these days.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space 2 Review   Dead Space 2 Review I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:12 pm

nice review
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space 2 Review   Dead Space 2 Review I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:36 pm

I found Dead Space 2 scary so far. I'm on chapter 6. Not scary like Amnesia, but just made me jump a few times. Nice review.
Back to top Go down
JosefK
Villager
Villager
JosefK

Stature : 3
London, England

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space 2 Review   Dead Space 2 Review I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:54 pm

Thanks for all the comments, I did post on the introduction section but it never showed :S
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space 2 Review   Dead Space 2 Review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dead Space 2 Review
Page 1 of 1