Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Everything PS4 in 1.5 Minutes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Everything PS4 in 1.5 Minutes R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Everything PS4 in 1.5 Minutes Empty
PostSubject: Everything PS4 in 1.5 Minutes   Everything PS4 in 1.5 Minutes I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 7:15 am

Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Everything PS4 in 1.5 Minutes   Everything PS4 in 1.5 Minutes I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:46 am

I'm still flabbergasted that Sony the mad bastards put 8GB of GDDR5 into the PS4. To put things into perspective, no even the best PC's out today have that much super fast RAM. The newly released Geforce GTX Titan GPU has 6GB's of GDDR5 ......

Sony, you cray cray, but a good kind of cray. Microsoft need to re-think the rumoured, if true, 8GB of GDDR3 RAM. Or else they'll be left in the dust.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Everything PS4 in 1.5 Minutes   Everything PS4 in 1.5 Minutes I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 9:45 am

Stoney wrote:
Sony the mad bastards put 8GB of GDDR5 into the PS4. To put things into perspective, no even the best PC's out today have that much super fast RAM. The newly released Geforce GTX Titan GPU has 6GB's of GDDR5 ......

Everything PS4 in 1.5 Minutes 1443829230

You do realise that's dedicated VIDEO memory. That means it's actually on the PCB of the graphics card. Pretty much for the purpose of running a shitton of monitors at uber high resolutions .... That means it doesn't help with the running of the OS stuff like that... Sony has yet to announce how much dedicated video memory the next GPU of the PS4 will have, the PS3 has 256 MB of video mem ROFL !!!!

PS4 has 8GBs of GDDR5 RAM this stuff vv. Also GDDR5 is actually really old now :)
Everything PS4 in 1.5 Minutes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTA-Kzz7aTD5LVhLArzk6BHa3oHRtWTR_vHEHGGSVXzhKKhoGb8gQ

Side note: I have 8GBs of very fast RAM & not once have I taken of advantage of it except when video rendering which is very demanding but when gaming even when running Skype, Team speak etc it's pointless you only need 4 !!!!

& Finally THEY DITCHED THE CELL !!!
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Everything PS4 in 1.5 Minutes   Everything PS4 in 1.5 Minutes I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 10:10 am

Don't know how that was facepalm worthy when you consider the fact Nvidia and making hand over fist on the Titan, when it starts selling, they'll make an $700-800 profit on each one.

Pointless? Future proof Mikey, future proof. And tbh, I only know the basics about RAM, but I've been reading this thread and it seems the techies are proper excited about it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=514465

You're looking at a minimum of 6GB-7GB (it is a console after all, won't need an awful lot of RAM for the OS) dedicated to games, no doubt about considering Sony was rumoured to be using only 512MB of RAM for the OS in the PS4 when the specs were at 4GB.

Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

UK

PostSubject: Re: Everything PS4 in 1.5 Minutes   Everything PS4 in 1.5 Minutes I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 10:24 am

It was facepalm worthy when you said
Quote :
not even the best PC's out today have that much super fast RAM
which is not true.

RAM is probably the least important component of a PC.

Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Everything PS4 in 1.5 Minutes   Everything PS4 in 1.5 Minutes I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 10:30 am

Stoney wrote:
, no even the best PC's out today have that much super fast RAM

Even if that were the case, PC's are always getting upgraded. I reckon by PS4's launch there would be far superior PC's available.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Everything PS4 in 1.5 Minutes   Everything PS4 in 1.5 Minutes I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 10:30 am

Mikenuge wrote:
It was facepalm worthy when you said
Quote :
not even the best PC's out today have that much super fast RAM
which is not true.

RAM is probably the least important component of a PC.

I was getting over excited! Razz 8GB of unified GDDR5, lets say for arguments sake the OS is 2GB that leaves 6GB of RAM for games. Let's say a PC has 8GB of GDDR3 dedicated for the OS, apps etc, and they GPU has 2-4 GB's of GDDR5 for games. That's a devs dream and PC gamer's prayers answered, no more holding back PC projects.

Now let's hold hands and rejoice. :cheers:
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Everything PS4 in 1.5 Minutes   Everything PS4 in 1.5 Minutes I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 10:31 am

Everything PS4 in 1.5 Minutes Original
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

UK

PostSubject: Re: Everything PS4 in 1.5 Minutes   Everything PS4 in 1.5 Minutes I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 10:45 am

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Stoney wrote:
no even the best PC's out today have that much super fast RAM

Even if that were the case, PC's are always getting upgraded. I reckon by PS4's launch there already isfar superior PC's available.

Fixed

Stoney wrote:
lets say for arguments sake the OS is 2GB
2GBs for the OS is madness ! Windows 7 and 8 can run with less than 512mb.

Quote :
Let's say a PC has 8GB of GDDR3 dedicated for the OS, apps etc
Still wouldn't use or need that much. I only really need 4GBs for all my programs.

Quote :
GPU has 2-4 GB's of GDDR5 for games.
Most cards today have 1GB of dedicated VRAM, like mine. Only top end cards like the GTX 680, 690 & Titan have more - monitors and for higher resolutions.

Quote :
no more holding back PC projects.
Well for multiplats sadly that will continue to happen... Consoles will always be the more optimised system for multi-platform games. But our exclusives like Rome and Planetside wasn't held back for consoles :)

Double post merged. ~Akainu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everything PS4 in 1.5 Minutes   Everything PS4 in 1.5 Minutes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Everything PS4 in 1.5 Minutes
Page 1 of 1