Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Relaxing video games?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Relaxing video games? Empty
PostSubject: Relaxing video games?   Relaxing video games? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 7:46 pm

Know any games with next to no frustration where you just leave behind the troubles of the world behind?

I remember a few games on PSP which really felt relaxed

Portable Island Tenohira Resort
Relaxing video games? Pi061110

A Japanese game that was never localized. You are thrown on a desert island with no rules or objectives (as far as I know, I don't understand Japanese). The game will just allow you to wander around, taking photos, discovering new areas or just sitting playing a virtual ukelele while the sea gently laps the sand.

The Sims 2 Castaway
Relaxing video games? 94201310

It is odd that I would find it so relaxing, but the truth is, the desert island setting takes away the sense of irritating urgency the sims games always have. It's less taboo if your sim shits himself on an empty island than if he does it in the middle of a shop. In between hunting for food and resources, unconvering secrets and building your temporary home you will find yourself just zoning out by the sea or by the oasis.

World of Warcraft
Relaxing video games? Tavern10

This sometimes frustrating and sometimes somewhat tedious MMO becomes somewhat mellowed once you enter any friendly city, particularly the tavern. I can't help but make my orc character sit at the table and down a few beers while absorbing myself in the atmosphere and enjoying the good music.

Last edited by Sawed-Off_Orc on Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Relaxing video games?   Relaxing video games? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 7:50 pm

Relaxing video games? Harvest+moon+a+wondeful+life
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Relaxing video games? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Relaxing video games?   Relaxing video games? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 12:39 pm

Flower

You play as a gust of wind and you fly through a meadow/grassy field, picking up flower petals along the way. Picking up petals gives more vibrancy and color to the meadow. It's got really soothing chime music and sound effects that are a great way to unwind.

flOw

This is thatgamecompany's predecessor to Flower. You play as this amoeba-type creature that eats other amoeba and dives to deeper depths to continue eating. The art is very minimalist and nice, the sounds are calming, and there's no real objective so to speak so you can play at your leisure.

Pokémon Snap!

This one's a childhood favorite of mine. There's some effort to it, but really all you're doing is taking pictures of Pokémon. There are a lot of cool secrets to, and you can replay levels all you want so there's never a rush to find everything in one go.

Portal

I could see how this game might frustrate some people, but the plot is so minimal that I feel like you can take this game as slowly as you want. I think everyone can enjoy puzzle games; it's just that some might need to enjoy them slower. I like to take my time with the puzzles, and I never get flustered because I don't feel any sense of urgency to finish them as soon as possible.

Artoon

This game was originally available on Xbox LIVE Indie Games service but has been removed for whatever reasons. I'm never deleting it off my hard drive because of that. It's got a really great art style and a lovely soundtrack that varies between stages. You basically bounce around and try to touch each platform in the level before jumping on the finish line platform. You can do the basic job of hitting every platform, or you can use special bounces and avoid touching a platform twice in order to rack up maximum points. It can be occasionally difficult, but again, no one's rushing you and you don't have to do it perfectly.

Last edited by TheCinemaJack on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Relaxing video games?   Relaxing video games? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 7:17 am

A description or screenshot would be nice.

I agree with Harvest Moon though Zera Relaxing video games? 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Relaxing video games?   Relaxing video games? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 6:17 pm

I found Heavy Rain relaxing if somewhat sad and depressing, maybe thats why i liked it so much as i could relate. The music and rainfall were a perfect match, plus the levels where you play as Norman Jayden using the ARI to go to different enviroments...i could sit and listen to the ambient noise for hours.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Relaxing video games? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Relaxing video games?   Relaxing video games? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 10:29 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
A description or screenshot would be nice.

I agree with Harvest Moon though Zera Relaxing video games? 2505020059
I added little blurbs elaborating on my picks.

WhiteHawk wrote:
I found Heavy Rain relaxing if somewhat sad and depressing, maybe thats why i liked it so much as i could relate. The music and rainfall were a perfect match, plus the levels where you play as Norman Jayden using the ARI to go to different enviroments...i could sit and listen to the ambient noise for hours.
I agree. Some bits really were immersive and calming. But then you have moments like driving against traffic on the highway and cutting off a finger that really amp up the intensity to eleven. So while HR was relaxing for me at times (I liked the idea of not having to do terribly much; I could just soak in the experience), I think the intensity outweighed that so I personally wouldn't overall call it a relaxing game.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Relaxing video games?   Relaxing video games? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:21 am

^ Nicely done Relaxing video games? 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Relaxing video games?   Relaxing video games? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Relaxing video games?
Page 1 of 1