Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

RPG indie game that uses your Avatar

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

RPG indie game that uses your Avatar Empty
PostSubject: RPG indie game that uses your Avatar   RPG indie game that uses your Avatar I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 12:29 am

http://kotaku.com/#!5790077/turn-your-xbox-avatar-into-a-hero

Quote :
Alright. Time to put that Xbox 360 avatar to work.

The Avatar Legends is an upcoming role-playing game by indie developers Barker's Crest. While not exactly rivalling Oblivion for scale and scope, it looks to be a breezy, cute little RPG, which boasts a ten-hour singleplayer game, co-op, multiplayer (for up to six people!) and a level/quest editor, from which you can create missions and share them with your friends.

What looks so promising about this game is that, unlike a sports or driving title, this will actually let you take control of your avatar and go on a proper adventure with them.
And while the included adventure looks to be fairly limited, that's beside the point. The real game will come when users get their hands on the level editor, which lets people mess with everything from story creation to quest structures to weather to enemy placement. You can even drop people from your friends list into the game as NPCs, and set up "horde-like" multiplayer arenas.

It's due out later this month on the Xbox Live Indie Channel. And if it takes off, the Avatar Marketplace is going to need more gauntlets.

This game actually sounds pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: RPG indie game that uses your Avatar   RPG indie game that uses your Avatar I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 6:05 am

There is no Indie game section for Ireland. The cunts, this sounds good and all. :x
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: RPG indie game that uses your Avatar   RPG indie game that uses your Avatar I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 6:45 am

I dowloaded a trial of something like this recently. I imagine it's a different thing considering this one is apparently not released yet.

But the one I played, no offense to the creators, wasn't that good. The movement was sluggish and the animation choppy.
The environments were also pretty uninteresting and the combat was very tedious.
I realise it's an indie game and so congrats to them for making this, I wouldn't be able to do anything nearly as good.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RPG indie game that uses your Avatar   RPG indie game that uses your Avatar I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 7:36 am

FUCK no indie games in my country. Sad
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

RPG indie game that uses your Avatar XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: RPG indie game that uses your Avatar   RPG indie game that uses your Avatar I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 10:00 am

Sounds cool, but customization means nothing if the core game isn't fun.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: RPG indie game that uses your Avatar   RPG indie game that uses your Avatar I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 4:42 pm

TRF wrote:

Sounds like LittleBigPlanet to me, but in RPG form. You're supposed to make your own quest and story line and levels and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: RPG indie game that uses your Avatar   RPG indie game that uses your Avatar I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 5:47 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:

Sounds like LittleBigPlanet to me, but in RPG form. You're supposed to make your own quest and story line and levels and stuff.

Want.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

RPG indie game that uses your Avatar XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: RPG indie game that uses your Avatar   RPG indie game that uses your Avatar I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 5:57 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:

I know. I'm saying that customization means nothing if the game itself has poor controls or just isn't fun. Imagine if LittleBigPlanet was a really lousy game. It doesn't matter how many levels you make, the game is still not going to be fun, and for some people, it's not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RPG indie game that uses your Avatar   RPG indie game that uses your Avatar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RPG indie game that uses your Avatar
Page 1 of 1