Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity

Go down 
+2
Orion
Mecha
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity Empty
PostSubject: Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity   Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 4:05 pm

http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/08/kotaku-and-zoe-quinn-accused-of-exchanging-positive-press-for-sex/
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/zoe-quinns-kotaku-staff-cheating-scandal

There's a lot to say about this.

To make it pretty short basically it goes like this:

- Zoe Quinns an indie developer claimed that she was being harassed by a board called wizardchan for being a female, she managed to gain publicity and support by feminists and video game journalists.
- Redditors found out that she faked her harassment in order to garner support.
- Her ex has made a blog where he told about why they broke up and mentioned that she has been cheating on others with evidence showing that she did.
- All five guys she cheated on are influential in the gaming community (indie developers, journalists, ect)
- One of the guys being a journalist writing on kotaku has notably shown a lot of positive publicity as support
- When people tried to expose this fact Zoe actively tried to censor it in order to pretend it never happened.
- Posts on subreddits where being deleted, video's on youtube where being DMCA'd and even /b/ and /v/ where banning posts about it. Gamenosh a game journalism site got 404'd and the host demanded the article to be taken down.
- Now the entire internet is pissed about this blatant censorship and nepotism in video game journalism
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity   Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 4:08 pm

Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity 71510
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity   Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 5:08 pm

Are there even any good video game journalism/news sites left? I thought it was pretty obvious it's been shit for a while.

Anyways this is another reason why girls that play videogames are all fucking mental and disgusting cancerous beings.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity   Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 5:18 pm

It's called networking DUH.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity   Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 7:11 pm

Feel sorry for the guys at Wizardchan.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity   Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 7:28 pm

All of this shit and more are reasons why I don't take video game journalism and modern feminism seriously at all.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity   Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 2:25 am

UPDATE: N4G tried to post an article about this and got removed, without them making any statement as to why. How much influence does this fucking bitch have?
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity   Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 7:35 pm

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity   Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 8:18 pm

http://time.com/3510381/gamergate-faq/

Time article I saw about gamergate.

Sounds like the trolls are the real plague on gaming.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity   Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 8:24 pm

Gamergate has gotten way out of hand. Ultimately if a had to pick a side, I'd be Pro-GG, but everything about this movement has just been really volatile. It just seems to be assholes on both sides just yelling and threatening and hacking each other.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity   Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 8:03 am

The accusations of harassment by Gamergate are false. The death threat against Anita Sarkeesian has been confirmed to be a brazilian journalist and other third parties unrelated to the GG movement.

The media tries to spin the movement as a misogynistic hate movement, but in reality not only does GG have hundreds of female supporters but they've donated to multiple charities, one recently being an anti-bullying charity. Gamergate supporters also actively report any accounts trying to harass others.
https://www.crowdrise.com/gamergatestompsoutbullying/fundraiser/loping

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity   Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 11:21 am

gamergate is fucking retarded and will never accomplish anything.

The whole point behind it is retarded as it's only a dozen or so journalists that do shit they spout
Back to top Go down

Indie developer Zoe Quinn had sex with game journalists for positive publicity
Page 1 of 1