Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Sumo Digital developing LittleBigPlanet 3?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Sumo Digital developing LittleBigPlanet 3? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Sumo Digital developing LittleBigPlanet 3? Empty
PostSubject: Sumo Digital developing LittleBigPlanet 3?   Sumo Digital developing LittleBigPlanet 3? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 9:25 am

Sumo Digital developing LittleBigPlanet 3? Little10

Quote :
LittleBigPlanet 3 is in development at Shiefield-based studio Sumo Digital, VG247 understands.

VG247 understands that British studio Sumo Digital is currently working on LittleBigPlanet 3.

Sony and Media Molecule apparently approached the developer to make the third main title in the build-and-play franchise, which has now been in the works for “well over a year”.

We were initially contacted in relation to an LBP petition, which aims to increase the level of moderation in the current games.

LittleBigPlanet has been referred to today as a “no-man’s land,” following a supposed increase in “death threats, hate speech, stalking, hacking and cyber-bullying.” The petition calls on LittleBigPlanet moderators to step up their involvement in the community to put an end to the abuse.

One source claimed that the lapse in moderation is related to Media Molecule turning its attention to Tearaway, with ongoing LittleBigPlanet development being outsourced to Sumo.

Another source confirmed that Sumo is, indeed, working on LittleBigPlanet 3. The game’s formats are unknown.

Sumo was responsible for LittleBigPlanet 2′s cross controller patch last year, which allowed Vita to be used to control the main game.

LittleBigPlanet 3 would be the sixth game in the LittleBigPlanet series. An initial PS3 release in 2008 was followed by a PSP game in 2009, LBP2 in 2011, and LBP Vita and LBP Karting last year.

Sony has responded to the sources’ claims via email. A rep said, “We don’t comment on rumour and speculation.”

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Sumo Digital developing LittleBigPlanet 3? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Sumo Digital developing LittleBigPlanet 3?   Sumo Digital developing LittleBigPlanet 3? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 10:40 am

I dunno how I feel about a dev other than MM working on it. What can you really add to LBP2 anyway?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Sumo Digital developing LittleBigPlanet 3? Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Sumo Digital developing LittleBigPlanet 3?   Sumo Digital developing LittleBigPlanet 3? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 10:43 am

They can make it into a fully 3D enviornment. As unlikely as that is, I'll still love to see it happen.
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Sumo Digital developing LittleBigPlanet 3?   Sumo Digital developing LittleBigPlanet 3? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 10:49 am

TheCinemaJack wrote:
I dunno how I feel about a dev other than MM working on it. What can you really add to LBP2 anyway?

You should play LBP Vita then. Many consider it the best in the franchise and it wasn't even developed by MM. Would be very interesting if they planned this as a PS4 launch.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Sumo Digital developing LittleBigPlanet 3? TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Sumo Digital developing LittleBigPlanet 3?   Sumo Digital developing LittleBigPlanet 3? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 12:06 pm

i don't think there's much more they can do to improve and expand from the previous one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sumo Digital developing LittleBigPlanet 3?   Sumo Digital developing LittleBigPlanet 3? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sumo Digital developing LittleBigPlanet 3?
Page 1 of 1