Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony PlayStation Teases the Future!

Go down 
+7
Stoney
Mr Canai Spy
The Enkindler
yonny616
CernaMLD
Bluenose
Mecha
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! Empty
PostSubject: Sony PlayStation Teases the Future!   Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 6:26 pm

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Sony PlayStation Teases the Future!   Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 6:28 pm

Oh mai. Could it be dah ps4? :yey:
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Sony PlayStation Teases the Future!   Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 6:43 pm

SIGNED THE FUCK UP. I hope they hold a big event in LA. :3
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Sony PlayStation Teases the Future!   Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 6:45 pm

OH MER FAUKIN GAWD!!! :amazing: And it's on my B-Day! :freddie:
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Sony PlayStation Teases the Future!   Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 7:28 pm

DAT PSQUADRUPLE!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Sony PlayStation Teases the Future!   Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 1:09 am

Not into ps but this has me hyped for the real next gen Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! 409191096 sorry Wii U :lolguy:
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Sony PlayStation Teases the Future!   Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 8:46 am

According to the Wall Street Journal, their "sources" have confirmed 100% that Sony will be unveiling the next Playstation.

I'll be back 100% with Sony next gen, I've been reading a lot of stuff on NeoGaf, who have insiders and dev posting there and I don't like what I'm hearing regarding the NextBox. It's little thing like Song adding 4GB's of GDDR5 RAM, the fastest RAM one could use, into their console. (MS are using 8GB of GDDR3, supposedly that's better for apps and such and doesn't compare to even 4GB's GDDR5)

Playing Uncharted 3 again and I can't get over how amazing it looks, it's truly remarkable what ND did. And Sony's ICE team are at the forefront of technological advancement. They're the reason why exclusives look how they are.

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Sony PlayStation Teases the Future!   Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 8:56 am

I agree. I fully expect to back-up Sony next-gen as my first new console.

I can't wait to see Naughty Dog's next-gen games! :=D
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Sony PlayStation Teases the Future!   Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 11:20 am

CernaMLD wrote:
SIGNED THE FUCK UP. I hope they hold a big event in LA. :3

It's actually going to be in New York City.
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

PostSubject: Re: Sony PlayStation Teases the Future!   Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 11:24 am

FACK

Oh well, there's always E3. :3
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Sony PlayStation Teases the Future!   Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 12:49 pm

meh, hope it's more like ps2 instead of ps3. a powerful console is great and all, but i'd prefer a larger library of fantastic games like ps2, also more jrpg's and less fps's

and more adventure games
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Sony PlayStation Teases the Future!   Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 1:23 pm

Just thought I'll post this here:

Quote :
The controller

Sources close to the hardware have revealed to us that PS4 will ship with a redesigned controller which is the same size as an existing DualShock but features a small touchpad in place of the existing Select, Start and PS buttons. The tech is based on Vita’s rear touchpad, and is similarly responsive in use.

A new Share button on the controller will, when pressed, launch a new feature that will allow screenshots and video to be distributed online. The PS4 hardware will continually record the most recent 15 minutes of onscreen action (with no processing penalty, claims our source), which users will then be able to edit and broadcast via the Internet.

The launch

We’re told that PlayStation 4 will launch in Japan and the US by Christmas, with a Euro rollout following in early 2014, the delay attributed to the complexities involved in European distribution. Alongside the console, Sony will also introduce a new, improved iteration of its PlayStation Eye peripheral, which remains compatible with the PlayStation Move controller. Move will be available at launch, but it’s not clear yet whether it will be bundled with the hardware

The specification

Sony has already earned an enormous amount of goodwill among studios working with PS4 development hardware. Privately, Sony representatives have conceded that the company made a mistake in creating such esoteric architecture for PS3, and its strategy for PS4 gives developers more opportunities this time around, notably because the hardware is much more PC-like in its makeup than PS3.

We have confirmed with sources that recently leaked tech specs are accurate. Though Durango devkits offer 8GB of DDR3 RAM, compared to Orbis’s 4GB, Sony’s GDDR5 solution is capable of moving data at 176 gigabytes per second, which should eliminate the sort of bottlenecks that hampered PS3 game performance. Importantly, we’ve learned that Sony has told developers that it is pushing for the final PS4 RAM to match up to Microsoft’s 8GB.

Both platforms are driven by eight-core AMD CPUs clocked at 1.6GHz, with Microsoft opting for a D3D11.x GPU from an unknown source and Sony utilising a more capable solution in AMD’s ‘R10XX’ architecture, alongside the so-called ‘Liverpool’ system-on-chip.

It’s clear Sony has designed a system that, on paper, outperforms Microsoft’s next Xbox. One source familiar with both platforms tells us that in real terms Sony’s console is “slightly more powerful” and “very simple to work with”.

Ultimately, the performance differences between the two consoles will have as much bearing on multiplatform releases as the differences between PS3 and 360 – very little – but Sony will be expecting big-budget firstparty releases such as the PS4 Uncharted sequel to demonstrate its console’s superiority

http://www.edge-online.com/news/playstation-4-revealed/
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Sony PlayStation Teases the Future!   Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 1:31 pm

fuck off, i absolutely hate that touch screen bullshit
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Sony PlayStation Teases the Future!   Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 1:41 pm

I dunno how one touch screen could actively replace three buttons, but I have faith in Sony. I'll start saving so I can have the $1499.99 by the time this beast of a console comes out.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Sony PlayStation Teases the Future!   Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 1:54 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
I dunno how one touch screen could actively replace three buttons, but I have faith in Sony. I'll start saving so I can have the $1499.99 by the time this beast of a console comes out.

$350 for the base model and $450 for the premium. Remember, consoles are always sold at a lose, the X360's GPU alone was $400 when the console launched. They also buy in bulk from wholesalers, so obviously they get a discount on parts.

Not happy about Sony not doing more for it's primary market, I dun wanna wait until 2014 .... Sad
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sony PlayStation Teases the Future!   Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 1:54 pm

>We’re told that PlayStation 4 will launch in Japan and the US by Christmas, with a Euro roll out following in early 2014, the delay attributed to the complexities involved in European distribution.

HAHA, yuropoors
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

PostSubject: Re: Sony PlayStation Teases the Future!   Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 1:55 pm

It's not a touch screen. It's a touch PAD just like the Vita's rear touch pad.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Sony PlayStation Teases the Future!   Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 1:55 pm

shigdig wrote:
>We’re told that PlayStation 4 will launch in Japan and the US by Christmas, with a Euro roll out following in early 2014, the delay attributed to the complexities involved in European distribution.

HAHA, yuropoors

$16 TRILLION DOLLA!
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Sony PlayStation Teases the Future!   Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 1:58 pm

CernaMLD wrote:
Yeah das what I meant. Still, replacing three buttons with one touchpad? We'll see how that works.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sony PlayStation Teases the Future!   Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 2:02 pm

Stoney wrote:
shigdig wrote:

HAHA, yuropoors

$16 TRILLION DOLLA!

and still doing quite well.
Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! Chan_510

anyway, im super hyped.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Sony PlayStation Teases the Future!   Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 11:02 pm

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Sony PlayStation Teases the Future!   Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 6:08 am

Quote :
A "Microsoft insider" speaking to CVG has responded to Sony's next-generation tease. This unnamed person said: "Future platform supremacy will be awarded to the company with the most substance, not the most flash".

http://n4g.com/news/1165342/microsoft-insider-responds-to-ps4-report
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sony PlayStation Teases the Future!   Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 7:20 am

Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! Ron-paul
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

PostSubject: Re: Sony PlayStation Teases the Future!   Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 11:36 am

TheCinemaJack wrote:
CernaMLD wrote:
Yeah das what I meant. Still, replacing three buttons with one touchpad? We'll see how that works.

It'll work just like an Android smartphone that has its four touch buttons on the bottom of the phone. I mean it's only the middle part of the controller anyway. Replacing the ENTIRE controller with a touch interface could be a problem though.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Sony PlayStation Teases the Future!   Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 7:41 pm

Saw this on NeoGaf. :content:

By SunHiLegend ;

EDIT: *removed GIF, takes to long to load. *

Last edited by Stoney on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony PlayStation Teases the Future!   Sony PlayStation Teases the Future! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony PlayStation Teases the Future!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next