Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

China Considering Lifting Ban on Game Consoles

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

China Considering Lifting Ban on Game Consoles PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

China Considering Lifting Ban on Game Consoles Empty
PostSubject: China Considering Lifting Ban on Game Consoles   China Considering Lifting Ban on Game Consoles I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 11:48 am

They had consoles banned? Wtf? Surprised
China Considering Lifting Ban on Game Consoles China-flag-560x373
Quote :
The China Daily is reporting that the People’s Republic of China is considering lifting a 13-year ban on video-game consoles. Apparently, back in November, the PlayStation 3 received a certification from the Chinese safety standards. Rewind to 2000, and the government established the ban because according to their own research, it would jeopardize the mental stability of children’s minds.

The China Daily, an English language newspaper in the world’s most populist country, quoted an unnamed source within the Ministry of Culture. “We are reviewing the policy and have conducted some surveys and held discussions with other ministries on the possibility of opening up the game console market,” said the mole. “However, since the ban was issued by seven ministries more than a decade ago, we will need approval from all parties to lift it.”

Although, according to Reuters the Ministry’s Cultural Market Department denied it. “The ministry is not considering lifting the ban,” the official, who identified himself only as Bai, told the publication.

Because of the report from The China Daily, Sony shares traded 8 percent higher, while Nintendo saw a rise of 3.5 percent in Tokyo.

If the ban is lifted, and all signs are pointing to yes, even though the Chinese government is denying it, for now. But their credibility is sometimes questioned. And with the PlayStation 3 getting it’s approval from the country’s safety standards, along with a source within the leadership, it’s safe to say that some people over there will be playing video-games on their TV… Just maybe not Grand Theft Auto — but it’s a start, right?

But the best news out of all of this, is the possibility of potentially millions of new gamers the industry could have. This could be especially useful right now because let’s face the facts, the console market has taken a fiscal hit over the last few years. And this could be an enormous economic boost for the industry.
http://www.slashgamer.com/2013/01/28/rumor-china-considering-lifting-ban-on-game-consoles/
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

China Considering Lifting Ban on Game Consoles Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: China Considering Lifting Ban on Game Consoles   China Considering Lifting Ban on Game Consoles I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 12:05 pm

I didn't even know video game consoles were banned over there, lol.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: China Considering Lifting Ban on Game Consoles   China Considering Lifting Ban on Game Consoles I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 12:23 pm

America is thinking about banning them while China is thinking about unbanning them. lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: China Considering Lifting Ban on Game Consoles   China Considering Lifting Ban on Game Consoles I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 12:50 pm

Teckno wrote:
a few crazy politicians are thinking about banning them while China is thinking about unbanning them. lol.

fixd
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: China Considering Lifting Ban on Game Consoles   China Considering Lifting Ban on Game Consoles I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 1:13 pm

shigdig wrote:
Teckno wrote:
a few crazy politicians are thinking about banning them while China is thinking about unbanning them. lol.

fixed

Fixed x2.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: China Considering Lifting Ban on Game Consoles   China Considering Lifting Ban on Game Consoles I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 1:42 pm

^ weak

if they do unban them, they will have very select few games available. kiddy & some dance stuff would be ok, but all the mature stuff would probably still be banned.

they might even make their own games. MAO EFFECT, CALL OF SWEATSHOP, etc.

Last edited by shigdig on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: China Considering Lifting Ban on Game Consoles   China Considering Lifting Ban on Game Consoles I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 4:18 pm

shigdig wrote:
^ weak

if they do unban them, they will have very a select few games available. kiddy & some dance stuff would be ok, but all the mature stuff would probably still be banned.

they might even make their own games. MAO EFFECT, CALL OF SWEATSHOP, etc.

Mao effect got me Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: China Considering Lifting Ban on Game Consoles   China Considering Lifting Ban on Game Consoles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

China Considering Lifting Ban on Game Consoles
Page 1 of 1