Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anime and comics are SO alike

Go down 
+2
2Sugoi2Die
Mecha
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Anime and comics are SO alike R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Anime and comics are SO alike Empty
PostSubject: Anime and comics are SO alike   Anime and comics are SO alike I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 10:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Anime and comics are SO alike StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Anime and comics are SO alike   Anime and comics are SO alike I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 1:45 am

There have been animes and manga that took on comic book style heroes like Casshern and Gatchaman and the west pretty much had their own takes on anime and manga as well.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Anime and comics are SO alike PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Anime and comics are SO alike   Anime and comics are SO alike I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 7:54 am

I'm going to take a wild guess and say this thread is for me.

I never said Anime and comics were alike, but manga and comics are.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Anime and comics are SO alike   Anime and comics are SO alike I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 8:19 am

One involves big manly men with big muscles in spandex or nearly naked

The other involves upskirts of tiny underage girls

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Anime and comics are SO alike   Anime and comics are SO alike I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 8:39 am

yonny616 wrote:
I'm going to take a wild guess and say this thread is for me.

I never said Anime and comics were alike, but manga and comics are.

Except there wasn't any manga threads in the anime sub-section. So there was no need to merge.

Besides, not every anime is based on a manga. Like Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, Spirited Away, etc.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Anime and comics are SO alike   Anime and comics are SO alike I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 8:49 am

Anime and comics are SO alike 1443829230 I'll say it again. I NEVER said anime's were like comics or that every anime were manga's. I said the Comic section should be merged with the manga subsection, while the Anime would stay in the television/film section since Anime is basically cartoons!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Anime and comics are SO alike   Anime and comics are SO alike I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 8:50 am

It's funny because you are comparing two completely different genres.

Darker than Black for example is very comparable to Batman, hell the main character is even called Chinese electric batman by the fans.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm not saying anime and comics are similar, but atleast make shit not unbias and idiotic. Anime and comics are SO alike 1443829230
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Anime and comics are SO alike   Anime and comics are SO alike I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 8:56 am

@Yonny

There was no manga sub-section. Anime and comics are SO alike 1443829230
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Anime and comics are SO alike   Anime and comics are SO alike I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 9:00 am

The subsection was called MANGA/anime.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Anime and comics are SO alike   Anime and comics are SO alike I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 9:04 am

No, it was called ANIME/Manga.

It wasn't a full manga sub-section, and no one even talked about manga yet.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Anime and comics are SO alike   Anime and comics are SO alike I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 9:28 am

Its still had manga in the name. Plus what's the point of have a anime subsection in film/Television? Anime is basically CARTOONS!!! There was no point for the sub section.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Anime and comics are SO alike TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Anime and comics are SO alike   Anime and comics are SO alike I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 9:53 am

What the actual fuck are you to arguing about
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Anime and comics are SO alike   Anime and comics are SO alike I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 11:42 am

that wasnt even hentai.

didnt even show nips/ass/vag, so it should be ok.

The next time you make the mistake to edit my warning and verbally attack me with it, I will instantly serve you with a 1 week ban, remember, this will be the second ban on your run, the third ban will be permenent should you refuse to end this charade. Watch your attitude, verbally attacking a staff member is a very serious offense, and it's not a rule, it's common sense on every forum on the web. ~Akainu
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Anime and comics are SO alike   Anime and comics are SO alike I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 11:43 am

Oh my god. It's absolutely ridiculous how you guys make a big deal out of something so small. I shouldn't be surprised though, the people who post on the comic section were always the drama queens of this forum. It should be expected they'd make a big stinking shit over it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Anime and comics are SO alike TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Anime and comics are SO alike   Anime and comics are SO alike I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 12:22 pm

@Teckno i'm not a drama queen man, so what are you doing, why are you doing this to me?
what is this bro? why do u hate me? i thought we were friends. i thought we connected. i thought we understood each other. why are you being like this? i poured out my heart to you and this is how you repay me? by betraying me? we could have had it all....

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Anime and comics are SO alike   Anime and comics are SO alike I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 3:09 pm

we thru foreva
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anime and comics are SO alike   Anime and comics are SO alike I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anime and comics are SO alike
Page 1 of 1