Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Court filing reveals Saints Row, Darksiders, MX vs. ATV likely sold at THQ auction

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Court filing reveals Saints Row, Darksiders, MX vs. ATV likely sold at THQ auction PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Court filing reveals Saints Row, Darksiders, MX vs. ATV likely sold at THQ auction Empty
PostSubject: Court filing reveals Saints Row, Darksiders, MX vs. ATV likely sold at THQ auction   Court filing reveals Saints Row, Darksiders, MX vs. ATV likely sold at THQ auction I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 9:23 pm

Court filing reveals Saints Row, Darksiders, MX vs. ATV likely sold at THQ auction Original
Quote :
The mystery of which THQ franchises are being sold at auction today may be solved. Mere moments ago, we reported on the legal action being taken by South Park Digital Studios to protect and retain rights to South Park: The Stick of Truth, an Obsidian-developed role-playing game based on the hit TV show. Closer examination of the complaint filed in the US Bankruptcy Court of Delaware by South Park Digital Studios may reveal which THQ franchises are up for grabs.

The complaint is addressed to THQ Inc., et al., Debtors, and begins as follows: "South Park Digital Studios LLC (“Licensor”) submits this preliminary objection and reservation of rights with respect to the Debtors’ proposed asset sale . . .". A footnote on the first page elaborates on the et al. notation, which refers to THQ, Inc. and all other Debtors in question. The other Debtors are: THQ Digital Studios Phoenix, Inc., THQ Wireless, Inc., Volition, Inc., and Vigil Games.

If any of those company names seem familiar, it's for good reason. Volition developed all three Saints Row titles and the entire Red Faction series. Vigil Games is best known for its work on Darksiders and 2012's Darksiders II. THQ Digital Studios Phoenix (formerly Rainbow Studios) is responsible for the MX vs. ATV offroad racing franchise.

Meanwhile, THQ Wireless is not specifically tied to any one franchise, and has been primarily responsible for mobile ports of WWE titles.

For now, it seems that other THQ intellectual properties - Company of Heroes, Warhammer 40,000, and Homefront, to name a few - will be held by THQ and are not being sold at this time. Still, until official confirmation is provided, this information should be taken as speculation.
http://www.psu.com/a018069/Court-filing-reveals-Saints-Row-Darksiders-MX-vs-ATV-likely-sold-at-THQ-auction
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Court filing reveals Saints Row, Darksiders, MX vs. ATV likely sold at THQ auction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Court filing reveals Saints Row, Darksiders, MX vs. ATV likely sold at THQ auction   Court filing reveals Saints Row, Darksiders, MX vs. ATV likely sold at THQ auction I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 9:45 pm

>inb4 microshit bought them
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Court filing reveals Saints Row, Darksiders, MX vs. ATV likely sold at THQ auction PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Court filing reveals Saints Row, Darksiders, MX vs. ATV likely sold at THQ auction   Court filing reveals Saints Row, Darksiders, MX vs. ATV likely sold at THQ auction I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 9:51 pm

Actually

>inb4 Disney buys them.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Court filing reveals Saints Row, Darksiders, MX vs. ATV likely sold at THQ auction 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Court filing reveals Saints Row, Darksiders, MX vs. ATV likely sold at THQ auction   Court filing reveals Saints Row, Darksiders, MX vs. ATV likely sold at THQ auction I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 9:55 pm

Um no, Warner Bros. was actually one of the biggest bidders. I think they might have gotten Volition and Saints Row.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Court filing reveals Saints Row, Darksiders, MX vs. ATV likely sold at THQ auction   Court filing reveals Saints Row, Darksiders, MX vs. ATV likely sold at THQ auction I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 7:48 am

Which companies have placed bids and interests so far?
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Court filing reveals Saints Row, Darksiders, MX vs. ATV likely sold at THQ auction   Court filing reveals Saints Row, Darksiders, MX vs. ATV likely sold at THQ auction I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 8:14 am

Chobo wrote:
Um no, Warner Bros. was actually one of the biggest bidders. I think they might have gotten Volition and Saints Row.

Smart move, man, Warner Bros Interactive have some good subsidiaries, Rocksteady Studios, Monolith, NetherRealm and now Volition. :notbad:
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Court filing reveals Saints Row, Darksiders, MX vs. ATV likely sold at THQ auction 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Court filing reveals Saints Row, Darksiders, MX vs. ATV likely sold at THQ auction   Court filing reveals Saints Row, Darksiders, MX vs. ATV likely sold at THQ auction I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 12:51 pm

Stoney wrote:
Chobo wrote:

Smart move, man, Warner Bros Interactive have some good subsidiaries, Rocksteady Studios, Monolith, NetherRealm and now Volition. :notbad:

Well, this is just a prediction, but I think it makes the best sense since Adult Swim, who's owned by Warner Bros, Had their logos in Saints Row 3.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Court filing reveals Saints Row, Darksiders, MX vs. ATV likely sold at THQ auction   Court filing reveals Saints Row, Darksiders, MX vs. ATV likely sold at THQ auction I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Court filing reveals Saints Row, Darksiders, MX vs. ATV likely sold at THQ auction
Page 1 of 1