Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nvidia announced a new gaming handheld called "project shield"

Go down 
+2
Franko
Mecha
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Nvidia announced a new gaming handheld called "project shield" Empty
PostSubject: Nvidia announced a new gaming handheld called "project shield"   Nvidia announced a new gaming handheld called "project shield" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 3:28 am

Nvidia announced a new gaming handheld called "project shield" Nvidia_project_shield-open-front

Quote :
Nvidia has introduced Project Shield, an Android-based gaming handheld. The system uses the company's new Tegra 4 processor and is housed within a controller with a flip-up screen, complete with its own integrated sound system and the complete array of controls you'd find on a traditional console controller. It features an HDMI port for video output, micro-USB for accessories and docks, and a microSD port for expandable storage. While the exact specs are still forthcoming, Project Shield has a 5-inch 720p HD display. The system, Nvidia says, is "pure Android," which gives it unhindered access to the standard Android interfaced, as well as apps and games from the Google Play store.

Harnessing the power of Tegra 4, Nvidia demonstrated the system outputting HD video and realtime games to a 4K display with no framerate lag or degradation.

Using software built by Nvidia, the Shield provides remote access to the games installed on your gaming PC at home, including Steam titles. Users can play any PC game on the Shield from anywhere within the same local Wi-Fi network.

Pricing has yet to be revealed, but Nvidia says Project Shield will ship in Q2 of this year.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/07/ces-nvidia-introduces-project-shield-android-gaming-handheld

Last edited by Toxicmaniac on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nvidia announced a new gaming handheld called "project shield"   Nvidia announced a new gaming handheld called "project shield" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 3:48 am

so i can burn my hands? no thanks. Nvidia announced a new gaming handheld called "project shield" 725796345

im interested
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Nvidia announced a new gaming handheld called "project shield" R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Nvidia announced a new gaming handheld called "project shield"   Nvidia announced a new gaming handheld called "project shield" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 4:13 am

Sounds expensive.
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Nvidia announced a new gaming handheld called "project shield"   Nvidia announced a new gaming handheld called "project shield" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 1:20 pm

Get ready for your hands to melt!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nvidia announced a new gaming handheld called "project shield"   Nvidia announced a new gaming handheld called "project shield" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 1:36 pm

i just made that joke fagit.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Nvidia announced a new gaming handheld called "project shield"   Nvidia announced a new gaming handheld called "project shield" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 2:43 pm

I'm always up for some diversity when it comes to hardware in the gaming market.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Nvidia announced a new gaming handheld called "project shield"   Nvidia announced a new gaming handheld called "project shield" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 3:39 pm

Hmm, looks interesting.
I wonder what kind of games we will see on that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Nvidia announced a new gaming handheld called "project shield"   Nvidia announced a new gaming handheld called "project shield" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 3:51 pm

shigdig wrote:
i just made that joke fagit.

Sounded more like a fact brah.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Nvidia announced a new gaming handheld called "project shield" TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Nvidia announced a new gaming handheld called "project shield"   Nvidia announced a new gaming handheld called "project shield" I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 4:19 pm

I know none of u watch it but Samuel L Jackson was in the finale
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Nvidia announced a new gaming handheld called "project shield" ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Nvidia announced a new gaming handheld called "project shield"   Nvidia announced a new gaming handheld called "project shield" I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 12:42 am

That looks awful. Pretty much just seems like an amped up and deformed gaming tablet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nvidia announced a new gaming handheld called "project shield"   Nvidia announced a new gaming handheld called "project shield" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nvidia announced a new gaming handheld called "project shield"
Page 1 of 1