Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best looking handheld game?

Go down 
+3
Archduke
Mecha
Orc
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Best looking handheld game? Empty
PostSubject: Best looking handheld game?   Best looking handheld game? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:50 pm

Alright guys so far what are the best looking handheld games to you and why (please provide pictures)?

I'm not going to make a poll because everyone will vote for Uncharted Golden Abyss, which is one of the best looking games, if not the best.

Instead I want you to voice your opinion on what games you think are the best visually, and this can mean in terms of art style/direction as opposed to just graphics.

For me one of the best would be Resident Evil Revelations
Best looking handheld game? Resident-Evil-Revelations
Although UC2:GA most likely looks better, this blew me away more than anything when I first saw the trailer. Although some later Vita games might make it look shit, for now it's still one of the nicest looking games on a handheld. It exceeds pretty much everything we saw on last-gen systems and is practically comparable to current-gen systems like the 360. It's a game in which the camera is often up-close but the textures and overall quality is excellent. And playing it with 3D puts it in a league of its own.
Best looking handheld game? Resident_evil_revelations
Compare to
PSP
Best looking handheld game? _-Lara-Croft-Tomb-Raider-Legend-PSP-_
XBOX 360
Best looking handheld game? Tumblr_l9fa4wB4et1qbzf0vo1_500
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Best looking handheld game? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Best looking handheld game?   Best looking handheld game? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:58 pm

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Best looking handheld game? Hands-10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Best looking handheld game?   Best looking handheld game? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:59 pm

Overall the best looking one of the 3DS is without a doubt resident evil revelations from the short amount i got to play. On the vita UC golden abyss followed by unit 13. Also super stardust delta looks amazing visually.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Best looking handheld game?   Best looking handheld game? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 5:09 pm

Mecha wrote:
Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Best looking handheld game? Hands-10

:stare: thank you for putting so much effort into your post

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Overall the best looking one of the 3DS is without a doubt resident evil revelations from the short amount i got to play. On the vita UC golden abyss followed by unit 13. Also super stardust delta looks amazing visually.

Yeah. Though I said visually, not graphically, so maybe games like Okami on DS deserve consideration. And perhaps you can give extra credit for 3DS games as they are in 3D. This is entirely subjective anyway, so don't start flame wars but I'm up for a civil debate on this thread.
One other game that deserves credit is Nintendogs & cats 3DS. As much as I hate games like these, the way they've done the fur, the animation, everything is realistic!
This is not the best of screens, you really have to see a direct feed from the screen.
Best looking handheld game? Nintendogs
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Best looking handheld game? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Best looking handheld game?   Best looking handheld game? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 5:11 pm

You're welcome. Razz
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Best looking handheld game?   Best looking handheld game? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 5:20 pm

Visually i could go with nano assault and beyond the labyrinth (not sure if it has gameplay yet but from the pictures it could surpass revelation in both visuals and graphics) I heard mario 3d land is the best one for 3D.

As for the vita MvC3, escape plan and rayman origins look gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Best looking handheld game?   Best looking handheld game? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 5:24 pm

Oh god yeah Nano Assault looks incredible. Don't think BTL will surpass Revelations, but we'll see. Razz

Btw is Rayman Origins coming to 3DS?
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Best looking handheld game?   Best looking handheld game? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 6:18 pm

Best looking handheld game? Wipeout%202048%20Review%20(1)

Wipeout 2048
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Best looking handheld game?   Best looking handheld game? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 7:24 pm

^ Nice choice

To be fair I must include a PSP game as one of the best looking games

OBSCURE: THE AFTERMATH

This is probably a wii screenshot but the psp is identicle (aside from a lower resolution)
Best looking handheld game? 254244-obscure-the-aftermath-windows-screenshot-one-of-the-heros

Actual psp screens don't quite do it justice
Best looking handheld game? 13077-2-obscure-the-aftermathBest looking handheld game? Obscure

Of course AC Vita looks stunning as well (although this is probably a bullshot)

Best looking handheld game? Acl_screenshot_02tcm1953980 At any rate it looks better than this Best looking handheld game? Assassinscreedbloodlines20090716102634919_640w
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Best looking handheld game? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Best looking handheld game?   Best looking handheld game? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 7:48 pm

Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita)
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation (Vita)
Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS)
Gravity Rush (Vita)
Virtua Tennis 4 (Vita)
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Best looking handheld game?   Best looking handheld game? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 9:24 pm

Will agree with all of those
But I think right under you must include Pilotwings Resort (3DS) because of that fucking incredible draw distance
Best looking handheld game? Ctrp_a10

And Nano Assault because WOW

Best looking handheld game? Nano_assault_01_thumb

And honestly, Kingdom Hearts looks pretty damn stunning

Best looking handheld game? Kingdom_Hearts_3d-36
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Best looking handheld game?   Best looking handheld game? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 9:28 pm

Oh and when it's out... Beyond the Labyrinth will look great
Best looking handheld game? Beyond_Labyrinth_img1
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Best looking handheld game? StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Best looking handheld game?   Best looking handheld game? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 9:41 pm

I've always thought Megaman ZX is the best looking handheld even tho it is 2D.
Best looking handheld game? 931475_20060510_screen004
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Best looking handheld game?   Best looking handheld game? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 7:22 am

:fuckthat: ok then
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Best looking handheld game?   Best looking handheld game? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 10:45 am

Ramzan_Kadyrov wrote:
I don't think it will ever come out to the states, sadly. :/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Best looking handheld game?   Best looking handheld game? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 12:11 pm

Or the West in general.... the States isn't the only fucking thing in this side of the hemisphere.
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Best looking handheld game?   Best looking handheld game? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 12:47 pm

Handheld Kingdom Hearts games are very impressive visually almost always.

For now I'd have to give it to Gravity Rush because of its massive open world that you can fly (or fall I guess) through and amazing art direction and DJMAX Technika Tune. Yeah it's just a 2D music game that has like zero 3D elements but that's what makes it look so nice. They concentrate on making a beautiful, colorful, full resolution interface and creative music videos for each song that really pops thanks to the Vita's OLED screen.

I would give it to Golden Abyss because yeah... it's damn impressive having a handheld almost match up to its PS3 counterpart, but it just seems like they tried too hard showing off the capabilities of the Vita and didn't really make it a stand out title. Here's hoping Sony Bend's next game makes as big of a jump as Naughty Dog did with Uncharted to Uncharted 2.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Best looking handheld game?   Best looking handheld game? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 3:31 pm

Ramzan_Kadyrov wrote:
:fuckthat: ok then
Sorry it doesn't live up to your standards lol.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

PostSubject: Re: Best looking handheld game?   Best looking handheld game? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 3:40 pm

Ramzan_Kadyrov wrote:
Or the West in general.... the States isn't the only fucking thing in this side of the hemisphere.
I meant NA in general. You don't need to bitch about what I misinterpreted, god damn.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Best looking handheld game?   Best looking handheld game? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 4:01 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
Ramzan_Kadyrov wrote:
I guess that will depend on the how big the demand is.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

PostSubject: Re: Best looking handheld game?   Best looking handheld game? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 4:34 pm

Animu_Desu wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
Ramzan_Kadyrov wrote:
I remember being on 3DSForums when the game was just released in Japan. I believe most lost interest or hope on bringing it outside Japan. One of the reasons is because you can change the panties on the little girl character. Lololol
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Best looking handheld game?   Best looking handheld game? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 5:19 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
Animu_Desu wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
Ramzan_Kadyrov wrote:
I remember being on 3DSForums when the game was just released in Japan. I believe most lost interest or hope on bringing it outside Japan. One of the reasons is because you can change the panties on the little girl character. Lololol
Oh those Japanese lol.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Best looking handheld game?   Best looking handheld game? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 11:41 am

NoelX2 wrote:
Animu_Desu wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
Ramzan_Kadyrov wrote:

I love how I can read something like this without the slightest bit of surprise.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Best looking handheld game?   Best looking handheld game? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 4:13 pm

But yeah. Needs a Western release, and so do most 3DS games. The reason it's so big in Japan is because it actually has games over there!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best looking handheld game?   Best looking handheld game? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best looking handheld game?
Page 1 of 1