Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread

Go down 
+5
yonny616
Based Sonji
Archduke
RamboOnRedBull
Mecha
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who should be Marvel's official mascot?
Ant-Man
TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Captain America
TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Daredevil
TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Deadpool
TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Hulk
 0% [ 0 ]
Iron Man
TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap20%TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Silver Surfer
 0% [ 0 ]
Spider-Man
TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap60%TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 60% [ 6 ]
Thor
 0% [ 0 ]
Wolverine
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 2:47 am

Mecha wrote:
No, Scarlet Witch was originally an Iron Man villain who later became an Avenger. Same goes for Hawkeye as well. That's why those two are never treated as important as the rest of the superheroes.
No, it's because no one knows who she is. Iron Man wouldn't have had a cartoon on Fox Kids if he wasn't already well-known.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 2:55 am

Then how come Deadpool doesn't get his own cartoon then? He's well known enough.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 1:01 pm

Mecha wrote:
Then how come Deadpool doesn't get his own cartoon then? He's well known enough.
The fact that he doesn't have a cartoon just shows that he's NOT well-known enough. He didn't become popular in the mainstream really till X-Men Origins: Wolverine which is why he's getting his own movie just now. Hell, I didn't know about him until Marvel Ultimate Alliance (he was the best character fa sho).
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 1:37 pm

HA! You do realize that Deadpool sells more comics than Iron Man right? So it doesn't make sense with what you just said. If Iron Man was popular enough to get his own cartoon, then so can Deadpool.

It's true that Deadpool became a bit more mainstream after X-Men Origins: Wolverine. But that's mostly because Marvel took advantage of Deadpool's popularity at that time, and all of a sudden his popularity grew even more. Just imagine if he had his own film, cartoon, and video game. His popularity would explode.

Keep in mind, Deadpool is still a very young character compared to Iron Man, so he's still getting there.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 2:15 pm

Mecha wrote:
HA! You do realize that Deadpool sells more comics than Iron Man right? So it doesn't make sense with what you just said. If Iron Man was popular enough to get his own cartoon, then so can Deadpool.
TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 1396932840

Oh wait . . . comic sales don't mean jack shit, broski. Comic culture is very isolated from the mainstream. So no, Deadpool wouldn't necessarily get his own cartoon just because his comics sell higher. Keep trying. I love you
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 2:20 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Oh wait . . . comic sales don't mean jack shit, broski. Comic culture is very isolated from the mainstream. So no, Deadpool wouldn't necessarily get his own cartoon just because his comics sell higher. Keep trying. I love you

Eh, it does actually. Where did you think Iron Man's popularity came from before the cartoon? eye roll
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 2:30 pm

Mecha wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Eh, it does actually. Where did you think Iron Man's popularity came from before the cartoon? eye roll
He was in a cartoon in the 1960s and made appearances in Spider-Man cartoons in the 1980s. He already had a presence on television. Deadpool wasn't created until 1991. Also, the Iron Man show first aired in 1994. Since Iron Man was created in 1963, I highly doubt that Deadpool comics sold more in its first three years than Iron Man did in its first thirty-one.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 2:56 pm

No, you said Deadpool isn't popular enough to have his own cartoon show. Back in the early 90's yeah, but now things are different.

Also the 1960's Iron Man show is actually a stop-motion comic. TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 725796345

BTW, Deadpool has made an appearances in cartoons as well...

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 3:17 pm

Deadpool never had a speaking role in the 1990s X-Men cartoon, just brief visual cameos. Also, all of the other cartoon appearances he's made were in 2009, the same year X-Men Origins: Wolverine came out. Yeah, Deadpool could have a cartoon now. But before X-Men Origins: Wolverine? Doubtful.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 3:47 pm

That's what I meant by Marvel taking advantage of Deadpool's popularity. You saw nothing but Deadpool that same year as X-Men Origins: Wolverine came out, then his popularity increased even more.

Also no, Deadpool was already popular even before X-Men Origins: Wolverine. You're not making any sense. Iron Man was no different than Deadpool before he got his own cartoon show. You say Iron Man was already popular because of his stop-motion comic show, well Deadpool was already popular with his original comic books.

It's ignorant of you to think comic books can't be mainstream, just because you don't read 'em yourself. By you're logic, Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, and Twilight weren't popular enough before the films either.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 7:37 pm

What I've been saying is that Deadpool only got cartoons WHEN THE MOVIE IN WHICH HE WAS IN WAS COMING OUT. Iron Man had cartoons way before his movie.

Novels like The Hunger Games and Twilight became movies because they were popular. But it's foolish not to think they skyrocketed in popularity because of the film adaptations. Iron Man was popular in the mainstream before Jon Favreau's film. Deadpool became famous because of a Wolverine movie, not a Deadpool movie. And all of the cartoons he played a part in were to help promote the Deadpool character for the film.

All's I be sayin'z iz dat Iron Man was on television before the film. Deadpool wasn't, unless you really wanna cling onto the ten seconds he was in the X-Men cartoon for. You've completely altered the debate. I was saying that Iron Man WAS popular before the Favreau film. You were saying he wasn't. Now you're saying that both Iron Man and Deadpool were. Which is not true, but you saying that proves my original point correct. TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 725796345
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 8:46 pm

HA! I knew you would say that. TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 725796345

Yes, I'm very aware that I said Iron Man was popular before the cartoon. I only said that because that's what you think and yet, you still believe Deadpool wasn't popular before the film. Do you realize know how little sense that makes?

Tell me, exactly what do you base your statement that Iron Man was already popular before the cartoon? Because by your logic, comic books aren't mainstream enough, so how was Iron Man already popular before? Because of some stop-motion comic in the 60s? Yeah right, Deadpool comics are much more successful than that cheap ass show.

Oh but because its a TV show, you believe it was more popular. Serenity already had a big following before the film, while Sin City didn't. Yet Sin City was way more successful than Serenity ever was. You see how flawed your logic is?
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 9:08 pm

Mecha wrote:
HA! I knew you would say that. TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 725796345

Yes, I'm very aware that I said Iron Man was popular before the cartoon. I only said that because that's what you think and yet, you still believe Deadpool wasn't popular before the film. Do you realize know how little sense that makes?

Tell me, exactly what do you base your statement that Iron Man was already popular before the cartoon? Because by your logic, comic books aren't mainstream enough, so how was Iron Man already popular before? Because of some stop-motion comic in the 60s? Yeah right, Deadpool comics are much more successful than that cheap ass show.

Oh but because its a TV show, you believe it was more popular. Serenity already had a big following before the film, while Sin City didn't. Yet Sin City was way more successful than Serenity ever was. You see how flawed your logic is?

I don't even know why you guys are arguing. The only real choice is Spider-Man here.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 12:44 am

Mecha wrote:
HA! I knew you would say that. TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 528803

You're the one who brought in Deadpool to completely change the argument. I've already proven that Iron Man was known in the mainstream before the film. Your argument about Deadpool's popularity only applies to comic book readers. I never said the Iron Man show in the 60s was more popular than Deadpool cartoons. I was responding to you saying that Deadpool comics sell better than Iron Man comics (to which you actually presented zero figures). Iron Man was big in the world of comics and executives saw him as marketable to people who don't read comics, so they used him. Deadpool didn't get any real television presence until he became a side character turned villain in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Point is, Deadpool wasn't big in the mainstream until 2009. Iron Man was in the mainstream way before 2008.

My logic isn't flawed; your false perception of what my logic is is wrong, but it's all in your head. I feel like you're arguing against yourself.

Greg Jennings wrote:
I don't even know why you guys are arguing. The only real choice is Spider-Man here.
lol I said Spider-Man as well.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 10:48 am

I already proven that being mainstream doesn't equal more popularity.

As for presenting actual sales figures, Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe is currently at #84 on the top best selling graphic novel list at Amazon. While Iron Man comics is no where to be found on the list, unless you count The Avengers vs. X-Men.

Just imagine in the late 90s where Deadpool was at his prime. There's a reason why there so many Deadpool comics.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 4:27 pm

When talking about mainstream popularity, which is what we've been talking about, then yes, being mainstream is a big factor. And good job presenting Amazon sales figures, because as we all know, Amazon is the only way anyone can buy comics. Not like it matters because how many comic books Deadpool sold is irrelevant.

Can we get back to the original discussion? Your hard-on for Deadpool has completely warped the debate. You said Ant-Man is Marvel's mascot and that no one knew Iron Man before the film. That's what we were talking about. And I've obviously proven that.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 4:53 pm

I was expecting you were going to discredit Amazon. Yes, Amazon isn't the only store where they sell comics, but I'm not going to waste my time looking through every online store when Amazon is already one of the biggest online stores out there.

You seem to forgotten the whole point of this debate. If Iron Man was already big enough to get his own cartoon show, then so does Deadpool. Maybe not back in the early 90s, but now he does. You have to realize that the popularity of these characters start out with the comics first. Makes no sense that you think Iron Man was already popular before the cartoon, yet you also say comics are irrelevant.

Also I never said Ant-Man should be a mascot. I too agree that it should be Spider-Man, even though I voted for Deadpool anyway xD
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 4:58 pm

If Deadpool was big enough to get his cartoon back then, then he would've gotten his own cartoon. Fact is, he didn't even make big appearances in cartoons until X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

But no, that wasn't the point of the debate. The debate originally had nothing to do with Deadpool. You brought Deadpool in.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 5:16 pm

No no no no no, I said Deadpool is NOW popular enough to get his own cartoon show than he was back in the early 90s.

Also your right, Deadpool didn't became mainstream until X-Men Origins: Wolverine. That doesn't mean he wasn't already popular before though.

BTW, I was actually talking about our little debate. Yeah, I brought up Deadpool, but you continued. See what I did there? I love you
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 6:03 pm

Best choice: Spidey
Runner-up: Wolverine
Worst choice: Ant-Man

Why is Ant-Man on this list? Just wondering.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 6:06 pm

Mecha wrote:
No no no no no, I said Deadpool is NOW popular enough to get his own cartoon show than he was back in the early 90s.

Also your right, Deadpool didn't became mainstream until X-Men Origins: Wolverine. That doesn't mean he wasn't already popular before though.

BTW, I was actually talking about our little debate. Yeah, I brought up Deadpool, but you continued. See what I did there? I love you
Bullshit, you've been arguing against that point this entire time. And unlike you with Peter Parker's hair, I've actually been trying to get us back on topic.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 6:22 pm

@Noel

Because Ant-Man is one of the co-founders of The Avengers, second most intelligent superhero in the Marvel universe, responsible for the creation of Marvel's most dangerous enemy, and one of the oldest Marvel characters out there. Even older than Spider-Man.

@Jack

What is it with you? You keep misreading shit through out all these debates. I never talked about Peter's hair until you bought it up. Now you're bitchin at me for it.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 6:56 pm

Mecha wrote:
@Jack

What is it with you? You keep misreading shit through out all these debates. I never talked about Peter's hair until you bought it up. Now you're bitchin at me for it.
I just can't. You're fucking with me, right? You're fucking with me. Nope. No. I'm done. TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 725796345
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 7:11 pm

Is that how you try to hide your failures? By saying I'm fucking with you without anything to back up your claim?

You know damn well me and Lykos didn't discuss the hair thing in the "Who is the most faithful Spider-Man?" thread, so quit acting dumb.

Next time when you accuse me of something, actually READ what we're debating about first. Before jumping the lets bash Mecha bandwagon.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 8:19 pm

Mecha wrote:
Is that how you try to hide your failures? By saying I'm fucking with you without anything to back up your claim?

You know damn well me and Lykos didn't discuss the hair thing in the "Who is the most faithful Spider-Man?" thread, so quit acting dumb.

Next time when you accuse me of something, actually READ what we're debating about first. Before jumping the lets bash Mecha bandwagon.

OH SNAP!

Looks like Shrute just got Mecha'ed. TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 725796345
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next