Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?)

Go down 
+7
NoelX2
lightlamp
Archduke
CernaMLD
Orion
Stoney
Dam_Noir
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?) Empty
PostSubject: Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?)   Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 6:37 am

I've been playing this game for almost a week and i've noticed there isn't a single thread about it on here.

Personally i've only played the original Far Cry, after which Crytek sold the franchise to Ubisoft who followed up with their disappointing sequel Far Cry 2. Considering that understandably there wasn't much hype surrounding Far Cry 3.

I find myself being rather cynical regards games these days but I have absolutely loved this game so far, some people have dubbed this game 'Skyrim with guns' but honestly that statement does a disservice to Far Cry 3!

The game features a decent story, a huge seemless living world to explore, a good level-up / skills system and a brilliant antagonist.

Most reviewers are giving this game 9/10's and are tipping it for GOTY for 2012 and I can see why. I highly recommend this game to anyone looking to play something new over the Christmas period and the story has no bearing on previous titles so it's no detriment if you have never played a Far Cry game before.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?)   Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 8:58 am

Def picking it up, everything I've seen and heard has me psyched. One thing that I'm apprehensive of is the AI, in FC 2, it was so annoying, the enemy could spot you from a mile away and was freakishly accurate, have they fixed that?
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?)   Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 9:22 am

Stoney wrote:
Def picking it up, everything I've seen and heard has me psyched. One thing that I'm apprehensive of is the AI, in FC 2, it was so annoying, the enemy could spot you from a mile away and was freakishly accurate, have they fixed that?

Yeah mate, if anything some people have complained that the AI lack peripheral vision so that certainly won't be a problem, when you are sneaking you get an indicator on the screen (similar to if you get shot on COD or something) if you start coming within the enemy's line of sight which gradually fills up to the point where you get spotted so it usually gives you a chance to evade them before that happens. However if you have been recently spotted by a group of enemies then they are more likely to spot you again seen as they are now aware of your presence. Personally I feel the enemies awareness is just right in this game.

Also in regards to their accuracy it seems pretty balanced, but you will most probably be a stealthy mother fucker most of the time because take down kills are so damn satisfying!
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?) TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?)   Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 11:53 am

eh, far cry 2 was a huge disappointment and incredibly boring so i'm not sure...
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?)   Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 1:43 pm

Yes. GOTY.

End of story.

Get out, tahmidk.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?) TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?)   Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 1:59 pm

CernaMLD wrote:
Yes. GOTY.

End of story.

Get out, tahmidk.

I'm sorry? what do you want me to say? Far Cry 3 deserves GOTY even though i've never played it?
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?)   Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 3:19 pm

Farcry 3 has terrible framerate issues on consoles. IDK if I will pick this up or not. This game is best played on PC, anyways.

Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?)   Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 8:06 pm

Heard about the frame rate problems on consoles, hopefully it's not to bad. Cerna, honestly, how jarring is it? If there is one thing I can't stand, it's screen tearing and FR issues. Further proof we need new hardware.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?)   Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 4:56 am

I heard the frame rate issues were mainly on the 360 version and that was only if you don't install the game data.

There isn't much of an issue regards this on the PS3 and PC versions from what i've seen.
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?)   Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 2:35 pm

I got it on PC for obvious reasons. Those analysis videos scared me off. First 10 minutes had m hooked though. Vaas is simply the greatest villain I've seen in video games for a long time.

@tahmidk

Because writing it off before playing is so much better right?
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
Peon
Peon
lightlamp

Stature : 0

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?)   Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 3:06 pm

Love this game. i hope they will support the game with DLC. Haven't touched the multiplayer yet. I'm hearing bad things about it
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?)   Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 4:16 pm

^ Loldafuq? It looks like you got my message... or was it a coincidence?

Anyways, it looks good. I remember when fans were giving shit to Far Cry 3 when some gameplay was first revealed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?)   Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 6:03 pm

Played FarCry 2 and itboredthe living he'll out ofme which isa shame because it's a good concept. I haven't ignored FarCry 3 but honestly I still have a plethora of games dating back to 2009 that I need to play and finish before tackling a new game.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?)   Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 6:37 am

I love FC3, excellent story and features. some guns might need more "unlocks". Its beatiful on PC. Looks like a proper jungle. The hunting and crafting is also a nifty way of adding gameplay. Maybe GOTY.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?) StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?)   Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 11:35 pm

Bought Fry Cry 3 a couple of days ago and I have to say that I'm quite liking it a lot. Feels awarding when you hunt down animals and craft upgrades out of their hides. Bit weird for some animals to not die after shooting them in the head a couple times haha.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?)   Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 12:45 am

I've never played the first 2 but I've been playing this one for a while now and it's definitely one of my favorite games this year. Haven't done any multiplayer yet but the single player is amazing and the game looks beautiful. I have the 360 version and haven't experienced any issues with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?)   Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Far Cry 3 (GOTY 2012?)
Page 1 of 1