Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares

Go down 
+7
Azazel
The_Biotic_God
Based Sonji
Orc
The Enkindler
Pickles1337
Stigma
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares Empty
PostSubject: Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares   Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 12:46 am

http://kotaku.com/#!5785887/details-on-kinects-bloody-horror-game-rise-of-nightmares

Quote :
We've heard little about Sega's motion controlled horror game, Rise of Nightmares for Kinect, since the Xbox 360 game was unveiled at Tokyo Game Show 2010. Fortunately, the ESRB comes through with leaked details on this year's horror adventure.

The Mature-rated Kinect game is rated that way for its blood, gore, intense violence, partial nudity, strong language and—scariest of all—suggestive themes. Rise of Nightmares, according to the game's descriptive ESRB rating, is a horror-adventure that puts players in the role of an "American tourist who must rescue his wife from a deranged scientist."

The first-person melee game equips players with brass knuckles, knives, hatchets and chainsaws, letting them dispatch horrific creatures in gory fashion. There will be blood and body parts everywhere, maybe even a few "revealing outfits" (read: pasties).

Here's the ESRB's description, should you be interested in a more "Mature" Kinect title.

This is a horror-adventure game in which players assume the role of an American tourist who must rescue his wife from a deranged scientist. From a first-person perspective, players use brass knuckles, knives, hatchets, and chainsaws to kill zombie-like creatures and disfigured monsters inside a mansion environment. Combat is highlighted by exaggerated sprays of blood, and damage often results in dismemberment or decapitation-stray body parts sometimes litter the ground. Some sequences and cutscenes depict more intense acts of violence: a man screams loudly as spikes impale his body; a restrained character's hand is chopped off before he is killed; a character (cut in half) crawls away in a pool of blood; a soldier is ripped apart by a monster, causing blood to stain the screen. During the course of the game, some female creatures are depicted in revealing outfits (e.g., 'pasties' that partially cover their breasts); in one sequence, a woman sits on the central character's chest and engages in suggestive dialogue (e.g., 'Oh, how I've thought of this-night after night. How I've missed these lips.'). Dialogue also includes phrases such as 'Best sex of my life.'/'Worst sex of my life,' 'f**k,' and 'sh*t.'

Zombies again? Ehh whatever, still sounds pretty decent.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares   Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 2:01 am

What a coinkidink. I was just going to post this. I was reading about it on wikipedia and I followed the links.

Should be interesting.

I'm curious, although, on how they're going to pull off a first-person view with Kinect.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares   Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 9:55 am

What's with the Zombie obssession lately?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares   Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:12 am

Lord Epzaos wrote:

This!!!

I'm sick of zombies now. :S so boring these days. Deadly premonition is the only zombie game I really play.

still...
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares   Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:15 am

I want a Zombie game that everyone's wanted.

Fallout 3 + Left 4 Dead.

Open world RPG awesomeness.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares   Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:32 am

Sonji.

That would be epic.
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares   Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 7:41 pm

Zombies are to games what Vampires are to Movies/TV.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares   Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 10:03 pm

Deus Ex Machina wrote:

The biggest difference is that us gamers kill zombies and blow their heads off, movie fans instead have to watch vampire romance movies.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares   Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 10:06 pm

Well it said "zombie-like and disfigured monsters", so I guess they're not really zombies.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares   Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 10:27 pm

I love zombies man. Dawn of the Dead is my favorite zombie film. L4D is my fav zombie game.

Me ❤ Zombies!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares   Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 12:39 am

Lord Epzaos wrote:

I think the industry is starting to switch from FPS being the huge thing to Zombies.
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares   Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 10:07 am

Zeratul wrote:
Deus Ex Machina wrote:

The biggest difference is that us gamers kill zombies and blow their heads off, movie fans instead have to watch vampire romance movies.

True Blood has some vampire killing action in it, there is some romance but the former overshadows it.

Back to top Go down
ADV3N7URER!!!!!
Generic Grunt
Generic Grunt
ADV3N7URER!!!!!

Stature : 2
in my imagination

PostSubject: Re: Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares   Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 3:21 pm

mature???? kinect??? Razz
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares   Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 10:30 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Well it said "zombie-like and disfigured monsters", so I guess they're not really zombies.

I think it's terrible that they're using Cubans as the bad guys in that game.

I mean c'mon wtf.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares   Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 6:21 pm

ADV3N7URER!!!!! wrote:
mature???? kinect??? Razz
*boom*
2012 for ya!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares   Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some details of Mature rated Kinect game Rise of Nightmares
Page 1 of 1