Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it?

Go down 
+9
RamboOnRedBull
Jack the Spectre
DarthCueball
Stigma
Orc
NoelX2
Based Sonji
igame
Pickles1337
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it?   Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 2:49 am

3DS is a great handheld with a fantastic lineup of games along with a growing eStore. I can't wait to play Animal Crossing, Kingdom Hearts, The Legend of Zelda (working title), Kid Icarus, Rune Factory 4, Mario 3D Land, Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater, etc.

Both consoles will be great, I'm sure. I bought the 3DS because the lineup actually interests me 100% more than the Vita's. Sure, I want to play Uncharted: Golden Abyss..... That's it. That's all I want to play right now for the Vita. I'll probably get the Vita when they actually show me something I want to play.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it?   Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 7:33 am

Nice going Blackstigma. :notbad:

Greg Jennings wrote:
3DS is a great handheld with a fantastic lineup of games along with a growing eStore. I can't wait to play Animal Crossing, Kingdom Hearts, The Legend of Zelda (working title), Kid Icarus, Rune Factory 4, Mario 3D Land, Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater, etc.

Both consoles will be great, I'm sure. I bought the 3DS because the lineup actually interests me 100% more than the Vita's. Sure, I want to play Uncharted: Golden Abyss..... That's it. That's all I want to play right now for the Vita. I'll probably get the Vita when they actually show me something I want to play.

Yup. They are both great. If you look at my posts before I had either system though, I said already Vita looks great but 3DS appeals to my tastes more.
But damn when people say 3DS has no games.... jesus that sounds retarded. It's like 360 fanboys saying ps3 has no games when it was already catching up to 360's amount of actual retail titles. 3DS has not only got a lot of games but its got quite a few critically acclaimed ones out and coming out. So I don't see the point in me bothering to argue now if the debate is so shallow and when every psvita fanboy has double standards.

BUT I AM going to do one last thing.
Just going to list potential AAA games for PSVita and 3DS so people can see themselves the AAA library for each system. And don't start saying "ohh but you didn't include *randomstupidjapaneseshmupthatnooneseverheardof* ". Stfu, Ive gone through the list of both systems and picked out every game I saw that had a history of getting AAA. I might have missed one or two for either system but this is effectively it.

VITA

Call of Duty (cross platform? Previous handheld COD games were on DS. But yeah if done well it could be.)
Final Fantasy X (so long as they take their time with it, it may be AAA)
Killzone (Most likely will be AAA but they started development early so it may not turn out as well as hoped)
Littlebigplanet (AAA for sure. PSP one was nearly AAA, Im sure this will show it up)
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Resistance (well I'll throw this here because it looks amazing but previous Resistance games weren't so lucky as to get AAA)
Street Fighter X Tekken (Possibility)
Uncharted (I hate UC but my opinion is irrelevant. This will be AAA)

I wanted to put YS IV on this list because I love YS7 but I doubt it will get much more than AA, so sorry.

3DS

Super Smash Bros (only just found out about this!)
Tekken 3D: Prime Edition (Possibility)
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (already got AAA)
Super Mario 3D Land (already got AAA)
Batman (working title)
Kid Icarus: Uprising (I think we can expect AAA for this)
Legend of Zelda (dont know what Zelda game it will be or if it will be a new one but eh, gonna be AAA, Im sure)
Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater HD
Monster Hunter Tri G
Monster Hunter 4
Paper Mario (Im almost certain this will be AAA)
Resident Evil Revelations (first review already gave it AAA, of course we have to wait and see, its tentative)

I want to put Mariokart 7 on this list because its AAA standard but Im doing this by ratings Sad And I also wanted to put Fire Emblem on the list but I wont because games in the series never reached AAA, though one game got 88/100 meta rating. Same with Animal Crossing & Kingdom Hearts.

Of course these exclude IPS, unnanounced games, downloadable titles and games that may surprise us with AAA ratings.

But as it stands, both systems have good retail AAA titles upcoming (or out) but anyone can recognise that 3DS has just as many if not more quality games out and upcoming. It just comes down to your personal tastes of what you prefer. Now it may turn out that at some point Vita will overtake 3DS in games. If this is the case, good for it but if that is the case I am sure it will be because of downloadable titles because PS Store is much more advanced than Estore. But at the end of the day I personally don't want to be playing low quality titles that can be completed in a handful of hours.
So this is the way I see it. Retail game wise, 3DS wins so far. Downloadable game wise, PSPVita will win soon. This is a petty argument though because they are both great systems in their own rights.

:challengeaccep

Last edited by Lykos on Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it?   Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 10:41 am

TL;DR

I probably won't. I'm done with handheld gaming. I haven't touched my DS in like a year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it? - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it?   Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 11:26 am

Lykos wrote:
Super Smash Bros (only just found out about this!)
Tekken 3D: Prime Edition (Possibility)
Super Street Fighter IV 3D (possibility)
Remake
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (already got AAA)
Remake
Super Mario 3D Land (already got AAA)
Batman (working title)
Kid Icarus: Uprising (I think we can expect AAA for this)
Legend of Zelda (dont know what Zelda game it will be or if it will be a new one but eh, gonna be AAA, Im sure)
Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater HD
Remake
Monster Hunter Tri G/4 (are 2 MH games coming? Either way this isnt AAA but neither is Resistance so Im putting worthy mentions on each list.)
Remake
Paper Mario (Im almost certain this will be AAA)
Remake
Resident Evil Revelations (first review already gave it AAA, of course we have to wait and see, its tentative)
Enjoy playing what I already played on previous consoles. Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it? - Page 2 725796345
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it?   Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 11:37 am

I'll give you street fighter and ocarina and mgs.

But LOL you got desperate towards the end. Tri G is not a remake but it is a sequel to Tri. And Four is a sequel to 3 on PSP I imagine.

And Paper Mario is not a remake either.... It's a brand new title!

Do yer research boy!

So then 3DS has 9 AAA titles that aren't remakes, which is more than the 7 Vita titles that are not remakes (and if you want to exclude ports because they can be played on superior systems, then Vita has only 6).

Edit: just realized FFX for PsVita is a remake. LOL now vita has 5 AAA games not including remakes vs 3DS' 9.

Last edited by Lykos on Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it?   Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 12:02 pm

Lykos wrote:
I'll give you street fighter and ocarina and mgs.

But LOL you got desperate towards the end. Tri G is not a remake but it is a sequel to Tri. And Four is a sequel to 3 on PSP I imagine.

And Paper Mario is not a remake either.... It's a brand new title!

Do yer research boy!

So then 3DS has 9 AAA titles that aren't remakes, which is more than the 7 Vita titles that are not remakes (and if you want to exclude ports because they can be played on superior systems, then Vita has only 6).
Tri G is an expanded version of Monster Hunter Tri, much like that awful game you love, Bully: Scholarship Edition. Something like that. Fine, Paper Mario is new but I'm lol'ing at the fact that a 2D game like that is going to be "utilizing" the 3D. Yeah, that'll sure improve it. eye roll

By the way, you left out BioShock Vita, Ruin, Ridge Racer Vita, Touch My Katamari, Silent Hill: Book of Memories, and Wipeout 2048, and I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting. And don't give me that "it's not AAA" bullshit because AA games are also very good.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it?   Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 12:52 pm

Bioshock had a bad stroke of luck in Bioshock 2 that got AA. Looks like the formulas already getting old. I'd put Bioshock Vita in the high AA section.

Riiiiidge Raaaceerrrr got A on 3DS. I haven't got high expectations for the Vita game at all. It nearly got AAA on PSP though so I'll include that in AA personally.

Ruin? Sorry it looks awesome but I can't put IP's into the AAA section. I didn't include it for some 3DS games either.

There's never even been a AAA silent hill game. Another AA title. (I'm not closing off the possibility but seriously, only a fool would hype a game from an A/AA franchise title for being AAA on a freaking handheld)

Same goes for Katamari but I must say, it's likely to get a better score on the Vita due to the control scheme (touch screens). So while I still stand by with what I said before, I don't know if a game with a history like that I can include.

The last AAA Wipeout game was on Playstation. The highest rating a wipeout game on PSP got was 88, which is great but what could the Vita do to boost that rating?

So yeah. The only exceptions I made were Resistance and Monster Hunter which don't usually get the highest ratings but deserve them due to player satisfaction, sales and overall awesomeness.

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it?   Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 1:04 pm

Lykos wrote:
Bioshock had a bad stroke of luck in Bioshock 2 that got AA. Looks like the formulas already getting old. I'd put Bioshock Vita in the high AA section.
BioShock 2 was made by a different developer. Irrational Games, the developer behind BioShock and BioShock Infinite, is making BioShock Vita.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it?   Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 1:48 pm

^ I'll include it when Bioshock Infinite gets AAA.
Unless you'd rather I replaced Resistance with it?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it?   Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 3:02 pm

Lykos wrote:
^ I'll include it when Bioshock Infinite gets AAA.
Unless you'd rather I replaced Resistance with it?
I'm only allowed to pick one?
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it?   Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 4:31 pm

TRF wrote:

Regardless of who is providing the 3G, the fact that it has 3G is a step forward for handhelds.

Sony hype? It's not like Sony is just telling us these games look like console games, they've shown us. The Vita brings console graphics to handhelds, plus a studio could always add an artistic flair to its game should it choose to.

Of course it's straying away from traditional handheld games. Handheld games are only the way they are because of restrictions of past handhelds. It's not like studios were saying, "Hey, let's make these games drastically different than console games because we like to fuck with people!" They're text heavy because spoken dialogue uses resources that past handhelds couldn't handle. They had pixelated graphics because older handhelds couldn't handle 3D renders. They were top-down games or side-scrollers because, as stated before, older handhelds couldn't handle 3D renders. Older handhelds set precedents for future handheld games, but only because they couldn't do more. You think if the original Game Boy could output console graphics that we would even have these pixelated games? Consoles used to have text-heavy side-scrollers and top-down games with pixelated graphics, but eventually consoles evolved and now we have beautiful games like Crysis and Uncharted. The PS Vita is the catalyst for that same change in the handheld world.

Except for the fact that the game has to be compatible with the PS Vita, meaning there's also a Vita version of the game. I doubt you'd be able to play Skyrim on the PS Vita. You're just taking an awesome feature and assuming something negative based on it.

But it is new for handhelds, and not all people have smartphones with GPS.

You know what's a watered down port? Call of Duty on the DS. Grand Theft Auto on the PSP. Stuff like that. Why? Because the controls schemes are drastically different on the handhelds. PSP only had one analog and DS had none in a time when both HD consoles had two. The 3DS only has one which is why console ports to the 3DS will also be watered down. But Vita? It has the control layout of a console and has processing power to back it up. I doubt the Vita is going to get too many titles that are drastically watered down.

lol @ assuming Sony doesn't give a shit. First of all, the Pokémon games are pretty much just re-hashes of the previous games. Also, Nintendo is doing exactly what Sony is going with the HD ports. Ocarina of Time 3D is just Master Quest with better graphics. I doubt Snake Eater 3D will be much different, and Star Fox 64 3D is the same thing. And why is it bad if Sony gets a competent developer to make a competent spin-off of a competent console game, but when Nintendo makes shit like Hey You! Pikachu and Pokémon Trozei, it goes unnoticed?

1) I didn't know adding a new feature and completely half assing it is "a step forward"

2) The thing runs at 544p...that's not console level graphics. It's CPU isn't as strong either. Also, only Uncharted GA looks great, the rest look like nothing special.

3) So it is just a PS3 portable, but with worse graphics...I don't see how that's a good thing, it has no uniqueness to it.

4) That wasn't even a counter. The Vita doesn't have L2 or R2 buttons, those are kinda essential to most console games, so that limits the amount of games that can used for cross play. It's not like every publisher will be pushing for cross play either...so far it seems as if only Sony and Kojima are interested in it.

5) No one will be buying a Vita so they can use it's GPS. It's a minor feature and a trivial argument. It will be used as often as a GPS as the DSi is used as an MP3 player. If your phone doesn't have a GPS, you need a new one.

6) The Vita is missing L2 and R2. It does NOT have the processing power to "back it up". It has a quad core, but only 3 cores will be usable, which are all running at less than 2GHz. That's no where near as good as the 360 or PS3 CPU.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Vita
Paragraph above and below "Post-announcement"

7) They didn't give a shit about the PSP. They abandoned it years ago. They made some good games first, like Gow: Chains of Olympus and Daxter, but then they pretty much gave up. What have they released in the past 2 years on it? Patapon, Gow: Ghost of Sparta, GT PSP, MLB...and that's pretty much it. Now let's look at these games. Patapon, decent series, but with a very limited appeal. GT PSP, no career mode, no online, that's unacceptable for a racing game that comes from a franchise so prestigious. MLB, it's baseball, comes out every year, inferior to PS2 and PS3 versions. Gow: Ghost of Sparta, it's a great game. 1 great game in 2 fucking years. That's bullshit.

Every console has games they will be remembered for. Xbox had Halo, then Halo, Forza, and Gears. PS1 had Crash, Final Fantasy, Spyro, GT, and Twisted Metal. PS2 had Final Fantasy, Jak, Ratchet and Clank, and GT. PS3 will have Uncharted, Heavy Rain, LBP, etc. Nintendo systems for Pokemon, Mario, and Zelda. What are people going to remember the PSP for? Final Fantasy Crisis Core and Dissidia, that's what. Sqaure-Enix gave the PSP more support than Sony did. Seriously the best first party PSP games are the 2 Gow games which are spinoffs which aren't as good as the main franchise games and aren't even fucking exclusive anymore. That is just SAD. That's why I'm saying they won't put in much effort. They abandoned the PSP halfway through it's life cycle, and I'm not letting them get off the hook for that shit.

Oh yeah I noticed you didn't say anything about the camera. Dude, the 3DS has better camera, that's hysterical. Sony is a hardware giant and make some pretty good cameras, yet the PSV cameras are garbage.

Now let's take a look at the price. The 3DS is 170 right now, maybe the battery life does suck, but you pay 20 more to get an extended battery life from Nyko.

The PSV will launch at 250, 300 for the 3G version, but that's not all, you need a memory card.
"Alas, you still do. But the official pricing, included with all the other accessories in today's launch lineup announcement, comes in $10 less for the 4GB card ($19.99) and $20 less for the super-size 32GB card ($99.99). The 8GB and 16GB cards will cost $29.99 and $59.99, respectively, according to Sony."
http://kotaku.com/5870644/the-ps-vitas-memory-cards-cost-less-than-expected-but-still-essentially-mandatory

4gb and 8gb will run out fast, they're just a waste of money since you'll have to upgrade later anyways. So $60 for 16gb or $100 for 32gb. That's atrocious. For the same price of a 16gb memory card you could buy a 320gb HDD for the PS3. If you want the "full package" with 3G with a memory card that will last you more than a month you'll need to cough up at least $360.

Even if you cheap out and buy the small one and no 3G that's still $270. That's way too expensive for a handheld. They obviously didn't learn from the PS3 launch.

It could have some excellent games yes, but I just can't see them being first party exclusives. Even their main game for the PSV so far is a spinoff. Nintendo has already announced a lot of great 3DS games and a new pokemon game is obviously gonna come out but as for Sony there is no guarantee that they will release a great non spinoff first party PSV exclusive. Some people (like yourself) are hopeful, but after how they abandoned the PSP I'm not.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it?   Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 4:41 pm

Wait.... So this is like $300 for a PORTABLE CONSOLE?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it? - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it?   Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 4:45 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:

And $250 without the 3G.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it?   Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 4:50 pm

^^ You need the memory card.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it?   Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 4:50 pm

Mecha wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:

And $250 without the 3G.

And topped off with worse graphics, an inferior CPU and tiny memory cards. 8)
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it?   Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 5:03 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
1) I didn't know adding a new feature and completely half assing it is "a step forward"
Weak 3G is better than no 3G, and it's not like Sony is forcing you to buy the $300 SKU with 3G.

2) The thing runs at 544p...that's not console level graphics. It's CPU isn't as strong either. Also, only Uncharted GA looks great, the rest look like nothing special.
So what if it's sub-HD? It easily looks like it could run on a console. And have you seen any of the other games? Resistance: Burning Skies, LittleBigPlanet Vita, and Wipeout 2048 all look great.

3) So it is just a PS3 portable, but with worse graphics...I don't see how that's a good thing, it has no uniqueness to it.
How is it not a good thing? Isn't the whole point of a portable that you're getting a great gaming e

4) That wasn't even a counter. The Vita doesn't have L2 or R2 buttons, those are kinda essential to most console games, so that limits the amount of games that can used for cross play. It's not like every publisher will be pushing for cross play either...so far it seems as if only Sony and Kojima are interested in it.
Yes, it is limited, but it's still a cool feature even if every game doesn't support it.

5) No one will be buying a Vita so they can use it's GPS. It's a minor feature and a trivial argument. It will be used as often as a GPS as the DSi is used as an MP3 player. If your phone doesn't have a GPS, you need a new one.
My phone doesn't have a GPS as far as I know, but I don't have a smartphone.

6) The Vita is missing L2 and R2. It does NOT have the processing power to "back it up". It has a quad core, but only 3 cores will be usable, which are all running at less than 2GHz. That's no where near as good as the 360 or PS3 CPU.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Vita
Paragraph above and below "Post-announcement"
Obviously multiplats are not going to be exactly like the console version, but they will be very similar, just with slightly weaker graphics.

7) They didn't give a shit about the PSP. They abandoned it years ago. They made some good games first, like Gow: Chains of Olympus and Daxter, but then they pretty much gave up. What have they released in the past 2 years on it? Patapon, Gow: Ghost of Sparta, GT PSP, MLB...and that's pretty much it. Now let's look at these games. Patapon, decent series, but with a very limited appeal. GT PSP, no career mode, no online, that's unacceptable for a racing game that comes from a franchise so prestigious. MLB, it's baseball, comes out every year, inferior to PS2 and PS3 versions. Gow: Ghost of Sparta, it's a great game. 1 great game in 2 fucking years. That's bullshit.

Every console has games they will be remembered for. Xbox had Halo, then Halo, Forza, and Gears. PS1 had Crash, Final Fantasy, Spyro, GT, and Twisted Metal. PS2 had Final Fantasy, Jak, Ratchet and Clank, and GT. PS3 will have Uncharted, Heavy Rain, LBP, etc. Nintendo systems for Pokemon, Mario, and Zelda. What are people going to remember the PSP for? Final Fantasy Crisis Core and Dissidia, that's what. Sqaure-Enix gave the PSP more support than Sony did. Seriously the best first party PSP games are the 2 Gow games which are spinoffs which aren't as good as the main franchise games and aren't even fucking exclusive anymore. That is just SAD. That's why I'm saying they won't put in much effort. They abandoned the PSP halfway through it's life cycle, and I'm not letting them get off the hook for that shit.
Well seeing as I never owned a PSP, I don't really have the same predisposition as you do. It's a fair argument, I'll admit, but because the Vita's controls are so similar to the HD consoles, it may be easier to develop for as far as controls go.

Oh yeah I noticed you didn't say anything about the camera. Dude, the 3DS has better camera, that's hysterical. Sony is a hardware giant and make some pretty good cameras, yet the PSV cameras are garbage.
Wait, so I mention GPS and it's trivial but a camera is a legitimate argument? Not every phone has a GPS, but even the cheapest of phones have cameras.

Now let's take a look at the price. The 3DS is 170 right now, maybe the battery life does suck, but you pay 20 more to get an extended battery life from Nyko.

The PSV will launch at 250, 300 for the 3G version, but that's not all, you need a memory card.
"Alas, you still do. But the official pricing, included with all the other accessories in today's launch lineup announcement, comes in $10 less for the 4GB card ($19.99) and $20 less for the super-size 32GB card ($99.99). The 8GB and 16GB cards will cost $29.99 and $59.99, respectively, according to Sony."
http://kotaku.com/5870644/the-ps-vitas-memory-cards-cost-less-than-expected-but-still-essentially-mandatory

4gb and 8gb will run out fast, they're just a waste of money since you'll have to upgrade later anyways. So $60 for 16gb or $100 for 32gb. That's atrocious. For the same price of a 16gb memory card you could buy a 320gb HDD for the PS3. If you want the "full package" with 3G with a memory card that will last you more than a month you'll need to cough up at least $360.

Even if you cheap out and buy the small one and no 3G that's still $270. That's way too expensive for a handheld. They obviously didn't learn from the PS3 launch.
It's got a ton of value in it, but I can see why someone might not want to buy it. However, price was never an argument I made. My argument was that it was a push forward in terms of what handhelds can do. I'll admit that it's a pricey investment.

It could have some excellent games yes, but I just can't see them being first party exclusives. Even their main game for the PSV so far is a spinoff. Nintendo has already announced a lot of great 3DS games and a new pokemon game is obviously gonna come out but as for Sony there is no guarantee that they will release a great non spinoff first party PSV exclusive. Some people (like yourself) are hopeful, but after how they abandoned the PSP I'm not.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it?   Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 5:07 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:

And $250 without the 3G.

And topped off with worse graphics, an inferior CPU and tiny memory cards. 8)

At least it has better graphics than the 3DS.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it?   Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 5:10 pm

Stigma, you keep comparing Vita to consoles. My argument is that it's breaking ground for handhelds.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it?   Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 5:12 pm

BlackStigma's logic: Vita sucks compared to consoles. Therefor, 3DS wins!
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it?   Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 5:31 pm

TRF wrote:
Stigma, you keep comparing Vita to consoles. My argument is that it's breaking ground for handhelds.

It's because Sony is trying to make handhelds more like consoles. Handhelds are fine the way they are. Maybe they do have some "limitations" but that's fine I think. Companies can't rely great graphics or loads of cutscenes or addictive gameplay when it comes to handhelds so it forces them to push stronger stories and make more creative games. 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors has the best story of any game I've played this generation and The World Ends With You is easily one of the most creative. 999 barely had any gameplay in it, but it's still my favorite DS game. DS games can be very unique...

Sony tried and failed to make the PSP a portable PSP when they only had 2 shoulder buttons and 1 analog stick. They're trying again with the Vita and while they added a second analog stick they didn't add 2 more shoulder buttons.

Maybe some people want handhelds to play just like console games, but I don't. It kills the uniqueness of handheld games. Instead of having new and fresh games like Twewy, 999, Ace Attorney, etc. It'll just have another bioshock or another assassin's creed or anther halo ripoff.

As far as I know on this forum the ONLY people who have every played a ton of handheld games have been me, Lyko's, and Pickles. Everyone else just uses them as a way to pass time while they're on the shitter or something. PSV is doing a bunch of new stuff but I don't see them as good things. 3DS is basically just an incremental update of the DS but I don't see a problem with that it's exactly the same as upgrading your PC or something.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it?   Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 5:39 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Maybe some people want handhelds to play just like console games, but I don't. It kills the uniqueness of handheld games. Instead of having new and fresh games like Twewy, 999, Ace Attorney, etc. It'll just have another bioshock or another assassin's creed or anther halo ripoff.
Who says you can't have those games? Just because the handheld allows much bigger games doesn't mean you can't get games like 999 or Ace Attorney.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it?   Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 5:41 pm

I don't get this whole deal with playing console like experiences on the handheld that Sony is advertising. There is no way that Uncharted Golden Abyss will be better than any of the Uncharted's made for consoles, so why the fuck would I want to play it on Vita when I can clearly get a better experience playing it on PS3?
Same goes for half the crap that will be released for that platform like Call of Duty, Killzone, Resistance, FIFA, Madden etc.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it?   Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 5:46 pm

ghost23 wrote:
I don't get this whole deal with playing console like experiences on the handheld that Sony is advertising. There is no way that Uncharted Golden Abyss will be better than any of the Uncharted's made for consoles, so why the fuck would I want to play it on Vita when I can clearly get a better experience playing it on PS3?
Same goes for half the crap that will be released for that platform like Call of Duty, Killzone, Resistance, FIFA, Madden etc.
Why play anything if there's something better than it? Why play Call of Duty: World at War if the previous game was better? Why play Marvel Ult. Alliance 2 if the previous one was better? Why play Marvel vs. Capcom 3 if the previous one was better?
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it?   Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 5:48 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Who says you can't have those games? Just because the handheld allows much bigger games doesn't mean you can't get games like 999 or Ace Attorney.

Because the PSP didn't have games like that, nor do I expect the Vita to. Sony wants the Vita to have console like games and that's what developers will be making.

Oh yeah I forgot the mention this earlier. I always liked how handheld games are generally pretty cheap. 3DS games are 40 bucks, but Vita games are 50.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it?   Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 7:52 am

Well I agree with both sides of the arguments. I understand where TRF is coming from because personally I will always take what I consider to be quality, over innovation.
I loved PSP last gen, because of its striking resemblance to a console and yes at the price of lacking innovation. But PSP's control scheme never bothered me too much. It could have been better but I adapted to the somewhat problematic control schemes.

So why, you might ask, am I leaning towards 3DS?

3 reasons.

One is that it has franchises that appeal to me more. Zelda, Pokemon, Monster Hunter and the upcoming Super Smash Bros. I'll take them over Uncharted, Final Fantasy and Resistance any day personally.

Two is that Sony are taking the PS3 approach, which is graphics over gameplay. Not saying the games on the system wont be top notch but they will be hindered in the sense that they will be more linear and lacking exploration and freedom. Not all games, no, but so far there's none that look very open-world at all.

Lastly, from what I have seen on the Vita's lineup, despite most the retail titles being (or seeming) of a high quality... there aren't so many of them. The majority of games look like arcade style games, like the kind you could download off xbox live for a few hundred microsoft points. It is the reason I got a bit sick of 360, because Microsoft got fuck loads of these arcade titles but not enough retail exclusives. I have nothing wrong with these kinds of games but their appeal to me is somewhat limited. Those that I really like are few and far between.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it?   Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who has bought the 3DS or played it or are you gonna buy it?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next