Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Handhelds dying in the west?

Go down 
+3
NoelX2
Bluenose
Orc
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Handhelds dying in the west? Empty
PostSubject: Handhelds dying in the west?   Handhelds dying in the west? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 12:19 pm

http://wolfyreviews.webs.com/apps/blog/show/20086664-handhelds-dying-in-the-west-
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Handhelds dying in the west?   Handhelds dying in the west? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 1:18 pm

I actually agree. I think it just mostly has to do with the fact that people prefer to use Smartphone apps to entertain them, rather then an actual handheld.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Handhelds dying in the west?   Handhelds dying in the west? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 2:23 pm

Ahhh this is cute. Wolfy has a website. Razz

I do agree with what you're saying. People are a lot more paying attention to smartphones and their apps/games than handhelds.

It's sad, really. :/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Handhelds dying in the west?   Handhelds dying in the west? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 3:19 pm

Wait, Lykos has a website? Surprised

Mobile gaming has basically taken over the handheld market. Basically, this is the last generation of new gaming systems (3DS and PSVita) before everything goes to mobile phones.
I HATE touch controls. I would never use a phone to game with.

Last edited by Duke on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Handhelds dying in the west?   Handhelds dying in the west? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 4:05 pm

I agree Duke. Touch screens piss me off to no end.

Teckno wrote:
I actually agree. I think it just mostly has to do with the fact that people prefer to use Smartphone apps to entertain them, rather then an actual handheld.

Thanks, very true. It's a shame really. I mean, Angry Birds and all that shit? It's dull!

NoelX2 wrote:
Ahhh this is cute. Wolfy has a website. Razz

I do agree with what you're saying. People are a lot more paying attention to smartphones and their apps/games than handhelds.

It's sad, really. :/

Haha shush, I only made it yesterday. It's just a blog really for me to write out my random thoughts :drunk:

It is sad indeed. I don't expect every game to be a console port but I do prefer a bit more depth to my games.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Handhelds dying in the west? 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Handhelds dying in the west?   Handhelds dying in the west? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 4:25 pm

It's a shame really. I love playing on dedicated handhelds. They have these things called "buttons". it just makes the games so much easier. That's why I want a 3DS. So many good games that will last you forever, not just quick distractions. But to be fair, there are some really good iOS/Android games. you just have to find them.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Handhelds dying in the west? PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Handhelds dying in the west?   Handhelds dying in the west? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 4:26 pm

Why not just write gaming articles for Jack? Didn't he have a gaming section?
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Handhelds dying in the west?   Handhelds dying in the west? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 5:29 pm

Chobo wrote:
It's a shame really. I love playing on dedicated handhelds. They have these things called "buttons". it just makes the games so much easier. That's why I want a 3DS. So many good games that will last you forever, not just quick distractions. But to be fair, there are some really good iOS/Android games. you just have to find them.

Well even 3DS is a bit disappointing at the moment, as I stated in my article. But at least it's got some good games. Vita has very very few. There's not a single AAA game on Vita last I checked. I know reviews mean nothing but they are an indication of the quality of the game.

yonny616 wrote:
Why not just write gaming articles for Jack? Didn't he have a gaming section?

His site is all film-based now and it never had a music section.
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Handhelds dying in the west?   Handhelds dying in the west? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 11:24 pm

Quote :
There's not a single AAA game on Vita last I checked.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/persona-4-golden
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Handhelds dying in the west?   Handhelds dying in the west? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 2:47 am

As much as i prefer handhelds over mobile systems i can see why the masses would prefer the smartphone, the original purpose for handhelds was simply to play a quick and addicting game on the go. And with handheld technology now being so far that they start to match consoles it becomes more like console gaming, hell ps vita is pretty much a portable console now. The 3DS still stands out compared to that but their most unique games aren't localized in the west.

And really the only time when a metacritic score actually matters is when a game has like below 50 and shit. Besides that there really is barely any different between a-aa-aaa quality review wise.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Handhelds dying in the west?   Handhelds dying in the west? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 3:53 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:
As much as i prefer handhelds over mobile systems i can see why the masses would prefer the smartphone, the original purpose for handhelds was simply to play a quick and addicting game on the go. And with handheld technology now being so far that they start to match consoles it becomes more like console gaming, hell ps vita is pretty much a portable console now. The 3DS still stands out compared to that but their most unique games aren't localized in the west.

And really the only time when a metacritic score actually matters is when a game has like below 50 and shit. Besides that there really is barely any different between a-aa-aaa quality review wise.

B-BUT MUH EXPERIENCE
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Handhelds dying in the west?   Handhelds dying in the west? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 10:48 am

CernaMLD wrote:
Quote :
There's not a single AAA game on Vita last I checked.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/persona-4-golden

Ah cool it just got one recently.

I mean 3DS has 4 but still, 80+ and above is what matters really.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handhelds dying in the west?   Handhelds dying in the west? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Handhelds dying in the west?
Page 1 of 1