Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

The Handhelds

Go down 
+4
Bluenose
NoelX2
Angelus
Orc
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

The Handhelds Empty
PostSubject: The Handhelds   The Handhelds I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 6:03 pm

Best to worst:

1. PSP
Quite simply the perfect balance. Some of the BEST games ever made, (Final Fantasy Crisis Core, Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker, etc) with a high level of graphical fidelity even to modern day standards (emulated on PC with a resolution boost, the games look fucking amazing). All the Playstation IP's you know and love including God of War, Ratchet & Clank, Jak n Daxter, Disgaea and other franchises synonymous with Playstation, like Final Fantasy (9 games playable on this system), Metal Gear (5 games) and so on. Even the multimedia capabilities are solid. Honestly, the best handheld ever made, mostly thanks to the solid hardware and the phenomenal first & third party support.

2. PS Vita
Taking every strength of PSP's hardware & features and taking it up a notch and improving it in every way, to make it perform up to the same standard of the Playstation 4 while offering the multimedia focus of modern smartphones... it is absolutely phenomenal. The cross-game chat, trophy support, skype, AND free online is sublime. And the games that take advantage of the hardware like Killzone Mercenary and Uncharted Golden Abyss are absolutely stunning. However the only reason this system hasn't and probably never will surpass PSP is due to the lack of killer AAA's. Those that it does have are superb. But it doesn't have any Grand Theft Auto's, any exclusive Final Fantasy, any Syphon Filters, any Kingdom Hearts, any exclusive Metal Gear. It feels as if all the love and attention from Sony for their handhelds, just dissipated in recent years. The Vita is still the best handheld out there from a hardware & software (outside of video games) standpoint. But sadly its legacy will be that it was a handheld that failed to offer its promise, and became an indie machine.

3. 3DS
The 3DS is ridiculously outdated. The screen size is ridiculous, it still lacked a second analog stick, the resolution is inferior to the PSP's and the online experience is incoherent... basically it felt like a generation too late, and as if it should have been rivalling the PSP, not the Vita. That being said, it truly delivered on its intentions. It was to be a full on Nintendo experience, more akin to the Gamecube than the Wii, with a tad more broader appeal. It more or less succeeded in that front. It's far from perfect, and its over-reliance on first party titles is a little disheartening. But it does have a very solid games library, providing it is to your tastes. And the 3D effect is rather cool. And Legend of Zelda remakes & Smash Bros in your pocket can't be bad news! Shame everything else about the system sucks.

4. DS
Doesn't even deserve to be on this list. Nintendo should have called it "game boy with a shitty unresponsive touchscreen".
It failed to even outperform the PS1 most the time, let alone the N64! There was no competition. It sold more than PSP but if you're a parent, are you going to buy your kid the system for £300 that has games like God of War, Silent Hill, Manhunt and Grand Theft Auto? Or are you gonna buy your kid the £150 one that has super mario and princesses and shit? Of course DS sold more. At the end of the day, PSP RAPED THE DS IN THE FUCKING ARSE. AND THE DS LIKED IT BECAUSE IT'S A FAGGY HANDHELD PLAYED AND LOVED AND MADE BY FAGGOTS. CASUAL FAGGOTS FOR THAT MATTER. WITH GAPING ARSEHOLES WAITING TO BE PLOUGHED BY THE ALMIGHTY PSP. "GIMME MOARR NNGHH OHHH MURRIOO UUGNNHGH ZURRRLDDAA HUHHHHHHHHHHFGHGHDHHGDHGHDHG"
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

The Handhelds ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Ys: Celceta
Watching : Darksydephil

The Handhelds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Handhelds   The Handhelds I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 6:10 pm

I'd put the Vita in first. It's probably my favourite platform at the moment, but I think it may have turned out even better if SONY hadn't focused so much on dual touchscreens and cameras. Overall, they add to it, but most games don't make great use of them and they were advertised as the key features of the Vita.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

The Handhelds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Handhelds   The Handhelds I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 6:37 pm

Besides playing the Smash 3DS demo, I haven't touched my 3DS in about a year.

Quote :
PSP RAPED THE DS IN THE FUCKING ARSE. AND THE DS LIKED IT BECAUSE IT'S A FAGGY HANDHELD PLAYED AND LOVED AND MADE BY FAGGOTS. CASUAL FAGGOTS FOR THAT MATTER. WITH GAPING ARSEHOLES WAITING TO BE PLOUGHED BY THE ALMIGHTY PSP. "GIMME MOARR NNGHH OHHH MURRIOO UUGNNHGH ZURRRLDDAA HUHHHHHHHHHHFGHGHDHHGDHGHDHG

Orc in a nutshell.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

The Handhelds Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

The Handhelds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Handhelds   The Handhelds I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 6:48 pm

I surprisingly completely agree with you, Lykos.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

The Handhelds R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

The Handhelds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Handhelds   The Handhelds I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 11:42 am

A thread where I can finally agree with Lykos?

The Handhelds Giphy
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

The Handhelds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Handhelds   The Handhelds I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 12:25 pm

3ds is bad cuz graphicz.

PSP was shit. All it's decent games were spinoffs of console franchises. All of those would have been better if they were made for ps3. And that's really all it was, an inferior console to play anywhere. At least DS games could provide a unique experience.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

The Handhelds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Handhelds   The Handhelds I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 12:52 pm

Thanks guys :)

Just to be clear, 3DS still has a superior library to Vita, but the rest of the system (aside from the 3D) is terribly half-arsed and frankly I'm so bored of Nintendo titles so I don't give a shit that 3DS has more AAA's than Vita because a non-AAA on Vita (Ninja Gaiden Rehash, The Wolf Among Us, Freedom Wars) is 1000x better than a AAA on 3DS (Mario, Zelda, etc).

Plus Resident Evil Revelations 2 is coming to Vita now, so 3DS kinda loses exclusivity of a killer app!
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

The Handhelds TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

The Handhelds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Handhelds   The Handhelds I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 12:57 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Thanks guys :)

Just to be clear, 3DS still has a superior library to Vita, but the rest of the system (aside from the 3D) is terribly half-arsed and frankly I'm so bored of Nintendo titles so I don't give a shit that 3DS has more AAA's than Vita because a non-AAA on Vita (Ninja Gaiden Rehash, The Wolf Among Us, Freedom Wars) is 1000x better than a AAA on 3DS (Mario, Zelda, etc).

Plus Resident Evil Revelations 2 is coming to Vita now, so 3DS kinda loses exclusivity of a killer app!
lol you don't play video games
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

The Handhelds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Handhelds   The Handhelds I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 4:29 pm

PSP the best? lolwat? GTFO troll. PSP is straight dogshit. Everybody knows that the DS is the best handheld system out there. PSP's games consisted of too many ports of other existing games, with horrible graphics and watered down gameplay. Plus, it only had one analog stick which made it super hard to play some games. At least, the PSVita has two analog sticks on it. All of them are good handheld systems, except for the PSP of course. Razz DS shits all over all of them, though. The Handhelds 21888

Here is the REAL list:

1. DS
2. 3DS
3. PSVita
4. PSP
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

The Handhelds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Handhelds   The Handhelds I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 6:26 pm

eye roll

It had tons of exclusives. Plus ports aren't an issue in the handheld realm, because DS got NONE of PSP's ports coz it couldn't handle em lol. And lmfao at people talking about DS being a "unique" experience. It's basically a shit version of a smartphone. So a dumbphone.

But whatever, here's just a taste of PSP's exclusivity

2 exclusive GTA's
5 exclusive metal gears
3 exclusive monster hunters
4 exclusive final fantasys
1 exclusive kingdom hearts
1 exclusive motorstorm
1 exclusive gran turismo
2 exclusive ratchet/ clanks
1 exclusive daxter
2 exclusive pursuit forces (NEW IP)
1 exclusive chili con carnage (NEW IP)
2 exclusive syphon filters
1 exclusive resistance
1 exclusive gurumin (NEW IP)
2 exclusive god of wars
2 exclusive valkyria chronicles
1 exclusive The Third Birthday (Parasite Eve)
1 exclusive assassins creed
1 exclusive killzone
1 exclusive littlebigplanet

and shit tons of others like exclusive socoms, exclusive star wars battlefronts, exclusive white knight chronicles, I mean basically every prominent franchise associated with Sony made a return to vita. Some were multiplats (NOT ALWAYS PORTS, OFTEN MULTIPLATS), and others were exclusively built for the PSP in mind. Fact is, the PSP's Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear and imo Tony Hawk & GTA, are considered by many to be the best or at least among the best in their respective franchise.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

The Handhelds ZDL7A4I
Canada

The Handhelds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Handhelds   The Handhelds I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 8:24 pm

Archduke wrote:
Here is the REAL list:

1. PS Vita
2. PSP
3. 3DS
4. NDS

You made a few mistakes so I fixed it for you. The Handhelds 2505020059

My Overlord!
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

The Handhelds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Handhelds   The Handhelds I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 2:07 pm

Angelus wrote:
Archduke wrote:
Here is the REAL list:

1. PS Vita
2. PSP
3. 3DS
4. NDS

My Overlord!

As long as PSP is above 3DS and DS I can respect that.
But honestly in terms of games library I don't think it can be denied that PSP has THE BEST. Honestly :)
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

The Handhelds ZDL7A4I
Canada

The Handhelds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Handhelds   The Handhelds I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 2:30 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Angelus wrote:
Archduke wrote:
Here is the REAL list:

1. PS Vita
2. PSP
3. 3DS
4. NDS

My Overlord!

As long as PSP is above 3DS and DS I can respect that.
But honestly in terms of games library I don't think it can be denied that PSP has THE BEST. Honestly :)

Most of it's more worthwhile games are playable on Vita, with a few exceptions like Crisis Core (which will be released as a full-priced HD version for PS4 and Xbox One in a few years most likely), so that doesn't really matter too much. It's only real edge imo is that it has cheaper memory cards, and can read UMDs.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

The Handhelds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Handhelds   The Handhelds I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 5:12 pm

Well actually it's not just Crisis Core. It's also Final Fantasy Type 0, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd, Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble, Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix, Tony Hawk's Project 8 and basically loads of other games that I loved on PSP. PSP's still the way to go.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

The Handhelds TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

The Handhelds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Handhelds   The Handhelds I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 5:24 pm

PSP was and forever will be the best handheld, it was revolutionary.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

The Handhelds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Handhelds   The Handhelds I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 5:35 pm

^ thank you.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

The Handhelds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Handhelds   The Handhelds I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 6:54 pm

lol I'm currently arguing with redditors about PSP and DS. It's 2015 XD Some men never change.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

The Handhelds ZDL7A4I
Canada

The Handhelds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Handhelds   The Handhelds I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 7:10 pm

Link?
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

The Handhelds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Handhelds   The Handhelds I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 1:28 pm

Angelus wrote:
Link?

http://www.reddit.com/r/PSP/comments/2s40gx/i_remember_someone_telling_me_ds_graphics_were_as/

The Handhelds P2dzEN4
The Handhelds WMsL9SO
The Handhelds DGPmt9R
The Handhelds ZUyiuqM
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

The Handhelds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Handhelds   The Handhelds I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 10:23 am

well, Im proud of it
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

The Handhelds R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

The Handhelds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Handhelds   The Handhelds I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 10:26 am

What?
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

The Handhelds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Handhelds   The Handhelds I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 7:16 pm

Banging ur mum
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Handhelds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Handhelds   The Handhelds I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Handhelds
Page 1 of 1