Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IGN - "Best looking console game!"

Go down 
+10
Orc
Jack the Spectre
Stoney
The_Biotic_God
Bluenose
Archduke
TheJubJub5721
The Enkindler
ADV3N7URER!!!!!
Blixtstorm
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

IGN - "Best looking console game!" Empty
PostSubject: IGN - "Best looking console game!"   IGN - "Best looking console game!" I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 1:41 pm

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/115/1156446p1.html

Graphics
"Crysis 2 on Xbox 360 has taken the crown for best graphics in a console game. It's well animated and the effects are great, but light is always the star of the show."

So, according to IGN, the best looking console game is one the 360... I bet this will spark the fanboy wars..
Back to top Go down
ADV3N7URER!!!!!
Generic Grunt
Generic Grunt
ADV3N7URER!!!!!

Stature : 2
in my imagination

PostSubject: Re: IGN - "Best looking console game!"   IGN - "Best looking console game!" I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 1:59 pm

kz3 nuff said ......
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: IGN - "Best looking console game!"   IGN - "Best looking console game!" I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 2:42 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
So, according to IGN, the best looking console game is one the 360... I bet this will spark the fanboy wars..
It already has...
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/crysis-2/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-58539366&pid=960491&tag=topics%3Btitle
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: IGN - "Best looking console game!"   IGN - "Best looking console game!" I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 3:37 pm

After reading this, you got to hand it to them. If Crysis 2 is the best looking, just think of how amazing Codename: Kingdoms will look...
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: IGN - "Best looking console game!"   IGN - "Best looking console game!" I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 4:00 pm

Yeah I bet there are a good amount of people raging over this XD
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: IGN - "Best looking console game!"   IGN - "Best looking console game!" I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 4:38 pm

CRYSIS 2 on PC looks way better.

For consoles, I think that personally Battlefield 3 looks better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: IGN - "Best looking console game!"   IGN - "Best looking console game!" I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 4:52 pm

DukemNukem43 wrote:
CRYSIS 2 on PC looks way better.

For consoles, I think that personally Battlefield 3 looks better.

Battlefield 3 isn't out yet...
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: IGN - "Best looking console game!"   IGN - "Best looking console game!" I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 4:54 pm

Didn't doubt it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: IGN - "Best looking console game!"   IGN - "Best looking console game!" I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 5:41 pm

The demo didn't impress me much. But the singleplayer campaign graphics look amazing. I bet it does piss off PS3 fanboys that a multiplat game is dubbed the best looking.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: IGN - "Best looking console game!"   IGN - "Best looking console game!" I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:22 pm

It looks amazing on consoles. Surprised how good it looks actually considering the limitations. As much as the MP reminded me of CoD (with superpowers) the SP is dragging me in.

Still don't know whether just to rent it, skip the MP altogether and stick with KZ 3 or just give into temptation and buy the thing.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

IGN - "Best looking console game!" XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: IGN - "Best looking console game!"   IGN - "Best looking console game!" I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:30 pm

It looks good, but in the multiplayer demo, the textures were all fuzzy when you came up to them and the detail didn't pop in until a few seconds passed.

Still, it's a damn good-looking game, but I think there are some better-looking games out there.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: IGN - "Best looking console game!"   IGN - "Best looking console game!" I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:26 am

I knew 360 could handle graphics like that. During the console war days I watched so many videos of people showing the system specs and stuff and the 360 sounded just as capable. On top of that, the reason the best looking games (before Crysis 2) were on ps3 is because the xbox 360 exclusives are generally quite open (as in lots of exploration).
but yeah there is gonna be loads of console war stuff going on now. I bet Mld makes a video about it I love you

Also has anyone seen that Milo & Kate tech demo? Further proof of the 360's graphical prowess.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: IGN - "Best looking console game!"   IGN - "Best looking console game!" I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:33 am

Lykos wrote:
I knew 360 could handle graphics like that. During the console war days I watched so many videos of people showing the system specs and stuff and the 360 sounded just as capable. On top of that, the reason the best looking games (before Crysis 2) were on ps3 is because the xbox 360 exclusives are generally quite open (as in lots of exploration).
but yeah there is gonna be loads of console war stuff going on now. I bet Mld makes a video about it I love you

Also has anyone seen that Milo & Kate tech demo? Further proof of the 360's graphical prowess.
You mean this?

Looks like "Pixar" graphics.
IGN - "Best looking console game!" 409191096
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: IGN - "Best looking console game!"   IGN - "Best looking console game!" I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:40 am

Lord Epzaos wrote:
Lykos wrote:

You mean this?

Looks like "Pixar" graphics.
IGN - "Best looking console game!" 409191096

Haha in that case there should be a new toy story game but with that as the graphics engine I love you
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: IGN - "Best looking console game!"   IGN - "Best looking console game!" I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:55 am

^^^^ Supposedly they have developed a way to push more than a billion polygons. Amazing stuff. This gen of consoles still have a lot of life in them.

Just look at this.

Fucking beautiful. Really loving how this game is looking, was a bit apprehensive at first, but from the majority of reviews I've seen, it's one of the best games so far.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: IGN - "Best looking console game!"   IGN - "Best looking console game!" I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 12:25 pm

The LoT comparison shows that the game is identical on both platforms. Honestly the only difference is that the game runs at a slightly lower resolution on PS3 which makes the game's textures look a tad softer, but it makes up for it by having better lighting effects and less texture pop in due to the install. I'm still waiting on Digital Foundry to release their face off. But for the most part it looks like IGN is full of shit once again by trying to act as if they have the necessary equipment to compare game technology. Anyone remember this?

IGN: "GTA4 has better anti-aliasing on the PS3" lolz IGN - "Best looking console game!" 3128676713
Beyond3D: "GTA4 (PS3) has no Anti-aliasing and runs at sub-HD" IGN - "Best looking console game!" 1443829230

This will definitely get a mention in my upcoming rant.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: IGN - "Best looking console game!"   IGN - "Best looking console game!" I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 4:48 pm

The artificial intelligence on Crysis 2 looks amazing :O
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: IGN - "Best looking console game!"   IGN - "Best looking console game!" I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:03 pm

You gotta admit. Just like alot of people underestimated ps3's graphics in 2007 ps3 fanboys were underestimating 360's graphics now. Now i can't wait for codename:kingdoms if they can even make a multiplatform so great looking on the 360. PC wins in graphics hands down tho. >_>
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: IGN - "Best looking console game!"   IGN - "Best looking console game!" I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:29 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
You gotta admit. Just like alot of people underestimated ps3's graphics in 2007 ps3 fanboys were underestimating 360's graphics now. Now i can't wait for codename:kingdoms if they can even make a multiplatform so great looking on the 360. PC wins in graphics hands down tho. >_>

Yeah very true. Also people underestimated ps3's game library in 2007, saying it has no games and such but now it- actually...nevermind.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: IGN - "Best looking console game!"   IGN - "Best looking console game!" I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 8:55 pm

Lykos wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

Yeah very true. Also people underestimated ps3's game library in 2007, saying it has no games and such but now it- actually...nevermind.

Playstation has no freaken games Razz.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: IGN - "Best looking console game!"   IGN - "Best looking console game!" I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 9:14 am

IGN should stick to what they do best (not really but whatever) : Reviewing.

Leave the graphical nit picking to LoT and DF.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: IGN - "Best looking console game!"   IGN - "Best looking console game!" I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 5:19 pm

They suck at reviewing too since they are so inconsistant with their review scores and seem to have review articles that contradicts one another.

They just suck as a game site as a whole.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: IGN - "Best looking console game!"   IGN - "Best looking console game!" I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 8:22 pm

^
like the ps3 I love you
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

IGN - "Best looking console game!" XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: IGN - "Best looking console game!"   IGN - "Best looking console game!" I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 9:37 pm

Lykos wrote:
^
like the ps3 I love you
Yes, the PS3 sucks at reviewing too since it is so inconsistent with its review scores and seems to have review articles that contradict one another. The PS3 just sucks as a game site as a whole.

HOW DO YOU SOUND RIGHT NOW, BRAH????
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: IGN - "Best looking console game!"   IGN - "Best looking console game!" I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 10:25 pm

owned
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IGN - "Best looking console game!"   IGN - "Best looking console game!" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IGN - "Best looking console game!"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next