Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

"Modern Warfare 3" Will Mark the End of the Video Game Console Era

Go down 
+5
Stoney
Archduke
Mecha
BioDemon
The Enkindler
9 posters
AuthorMessage
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

"Modern Warfare 3" Will Mark the End of the Video Game Console Era Empty
PostSubject: "Modern Warfare 3" Will Mark the End of the Video Game Console Era   "Modern Warfare 3" Will Mark the End of the Video Game Console Era I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 12:36 pm

Yes, we take yet another dive into the department of Stupidity via an article writen by another retarded journalist who has no fucking clue about consoles.
Yeah, we've seen a study made by a website that people love to play flash games, so let's assume that consoles will die, because people play games on Facebook or on handhelds, we can actually see what they do in their house.
But what about those who don't even have Internet?
Yeah, we know, they don't play Xbox or Playstation.
So yeah, let's just take MW3 and then write a fairytale of how this game will be the catalyst of the death of consoles.

Quote :
Activision’s (ATVI) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 will be the biggest entertainment launch of all time upon its November 8 release.

How do I know this?

Because the last two Call of Duty games earned the very same distinction, so a three-peat is pretty likely.

However, Modern Warfare 3 will be one of the last hurrahs for the console-dominated gaming era as the world shifts toward new-school, alternative platforms.

The current generation of gaming platforms consists of consoles and handhelds from the likes of Nintendo, Microsoft (MSFT), and Sony (SNE).

Unfortunately, all three are being pushed aside by foes we couldn’t have imagined just five years ago -- and this means big things for investors.

Let’s start with mobile gaming before we discuss consoles.

According to a recent research report from Parks Associates, almost two-thirds of smartphone users play games on at least a monthly basis.

And how are smartphone sales doing? Gartner says they were up 74% to 108 million units in the second quarter.

The Nintendo DS, the best-selling handheld-gaming platform of all time, sold 146 million units in its whole lifetime.

Its successor, this year’s 3DS, won’t fare nearly as well. In fact, it was so poorly received at retail that it received a significant price cut in July, just four months after release. From first to worst in one generation? That’s just plain scary.

The appeal of smartphone (and tablet) games is pretty easy to grasp. They’re dirt-cheap or free, you can usually try before you buy, and they don’t require you to buy and carry another gadget around with you.

So that takes care of the handheld world.

Now let’s look at consoles.

A study commissioned by social-gaming company Kabam indicated that there is some overlap between the console and social-gaming populations.

The key finding, courtesy of VentureBeat:

About 82 percent of the hardcore social gamers also play console games. These hardcore social gamers also play for a longer period of time than casual social gamers. As the games get better on Facebook, social games (such as Kabam’s Glory of Rome...) are disrupting play on the traditional consoles.

One figure shows how social gaming growth is resulting in less time and money spent on other game platforms. About 27 percent of social game players who played games on other platforms say that they are spending less time on those platforms. They are also spending about 50 percent less money on console games. Kabam’s own customers report a 55 percent decline in their game play on other platforms.

Normally, I’d roll my eyes at this sort of study because as a social-game producer, Kabam is obviously looking for an outcome that supports its business model.

However, let’s examine some numbers.

The soon-to-be-public social-gaming company Zynga just filed its second-quarter numbers with the SEC.

And what’s going on there? Revenue was up 115% to $279 million in the second quarter of this year.

http://www.minyanville.com/businessmarkets/articles/video-gaming-industry-video-gamers-video/9/23/2011/id/37031?camp=syndication&medium=portals&from=yahoo
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: "Modern Warfare 3" Will Mark the End of the Video Game Console Era   "Modern Warfare 3" Will Mark the End of the Video Game Console Era I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 1:06 pm

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

"Modern Warfare 3" Will Mark the End of the Video Game Console Era R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: "Modern Warfare 3" Will Mark the End of the Video Game Console Era   "Modern Warfare 3" Will Mark the End of the Video Game Console Era I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 1:31 pm

"Modern Warfare 3" Will Mark the End of the Video Game Console Era Lolsy10
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: "Modern Warfare 3" Will Mark the End of the Video Game Console Era   "Modern Warfare 3" Will Mark the End of the Video Game Console Era I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 2:45 pm

The most hilarious article I have ever seen. LMAO
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: "Modern Warfare 3" Will Mark the End of the Video Game Console Era   "Modern Warfare 3" Will Mark the End of the Video Game Console Era I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 9:17 am

"as a social-game producer"

No bias?
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: "Modern Warfare 3" Will Mark the End of the Video Game Console Era   "Modern Warfare 3" Will Mark the End of the Video Game Console Era I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 4:02 pm

The Author should be pulled apart like warm bread so he can't contaminate the gene pool.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: "Modern Warfare 3" Will Mark the End of the Video Game Console Era   "Modern Warfare 3" Will Mark the End of the Video Game Console Era I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 4:16 pm

How ignorant.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: "Modern Warfare 3" Will Mark the End of the Video Game Console Era   "Modern Warfare 3" Will Mark the End of the Video Game Console Era I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:00 pm

I sense frag head
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: "Modern Warfare 3" Will Mark the End of the Video Game Console Era   "Modern Warfare 3" Will Mark the End of the Video Game Console Era I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:03 pm

"Modern Warfare 3" Will Mark the End of the Video Game Console Era Lollercoaster
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Modern Warfare 3" Will Mark the End of the Video Game Console Era   "Modern Warfare 3" Will Mark the End of the Video Game Console Era I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Modern Warfare 3" Will Mark the End of the Video Game Console Era
Page 1 of 1