Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Capcom: Resident Evil can't please everyone

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Capcom: Resident Evil can't please everyone Empty
PostSubject: Capcom: Resident Evil can't please everyone   Capcom: Resident Evil can't please everyone I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 3:37 am

Capcom: Resident Evil can't please everyone Resident-evil-6-characters

Resident Evil 6 executive producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi says developer "can't be beholden" to fans, who may not always agree on what's best for the series.

Quote :
The tension that has arisen between Capcom and fans concerning the future of the Resident Evil series is similar to that of two parents struggling to raise their child. That's according to Resident Evil 6 producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi, who reflected recently on the friction between developers and fans in a new PlayStation Blog interview.

Capcom listens to fans, but is not beholden to them, Kobayashi says.
"The way I always think of it is that if Resident Evil represents a child, then the fans and us as creators are the two parents. The resulting games are like the children that are born between both of us," Kobayashi said. "And just like real parents, you’re not always going to agree on what is best for raising that child."

Kobayashi added that Capcom always attempts to take fan feedback into account when deciding how to advance the series. But ultimately, developers must think on their own, or progress will come to a halt, he said.

"It’s our job to create a new gaming experience and to offer them something that’s fresh and challenging. We want to make sure that what we do pleases them, but the initial reaction might not always be positive," he said. "We do listen to the fans, but we can’t be beholden to them at every turn or I don’t think we’ll ever make progress in terms of the series’ development."

Resident Evil 6 shipped on Tuesday to reviews that ranged from positive to cold. GameSpot's critique of the game praised its voice acting and narrative structure, but lamented the title's ubiquitous and lengthy quick-time events, as well as its unimpressive set pieces.

Capcom expects to Resident Evil 6 to sell 7 million copies, becoming the publisher's best-selling title in its history.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/capcom-resident-evil-cant-please-everyone-6397591
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Capcom: Resident Evil can't please everyone   Capcom: Resident Evil can't please everyone I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 5:21 am

I totally agree if I wanna play old school resi I'll just pop resi 1-CV in my Wii, i personally as a resi fan loved 4&5 and so far am blown away with 6 its just story progression, which i think is the most important thing about games.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Capcom: Resident Evil can't please everyone   Capcom: Resident Evil can't please everyone I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 8:13 am

I liked Resident Evil 5, maybe if they kept the same control scheme as both 4 & 5 it would be as bad, but the demo was atrocious and that's what put a lot of people off even considering buying it. It seems a ton of people are also having buyers remorse.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Capcom: Resident Evil can't please everyone R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Capcom: Resident Evil can't please everyone   Capcom: Resident Evil can't please everyone I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 8:17 am

But is it worse than Resident Evil: Retribution? That's the question.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Capcom: Resident Evil can't please everyone StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Capcom: Resident Evil can't please everyone   Capcom: Resident Evil can't please everyone I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 8:35 am

I agree, it is Capcom’s game and they can do whatever they want with it.

Right now the biggest problem in the series is that the story as reach the point where everyone is aware of the bio organic weapons which Umbrella created and those who would use them or to create variants. All you have to do now is go in guns blazing anytime bio organic weapons are found.

In short, you keep facing the same shit over and over until it gotten to the point where it is no longer scary regardless it it different like the Las Plagas for example. Think about Dead Space. Did you find Dead Space 2 less scary than the first Dead Space?

@Mecha
Movies don't really matter. They just use the name and characters. Not saying it is a bad thing, I like the movies.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Capcom: Resident Evil can't please everyone PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Capcom: Resident Evil can't please everyone   Capcom: Resident Evil can't please everyone I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 5:26 pm

Tries to please everyone, says can't please everyone. :fuckthat:

RE 1- 4 were awesome, only problem I had with 4 was the dead weight called Ashley. Come along Resident Evil 5, Capcom: Resident Evil can't please everyone 1443829230 talk about stupid AI's. I hated playing by myself, I needed to play online to have some decent fun with it. I remember half way through the game Chris tells Sheva to leave and I was sooo happy! She decides to stay and i was pissed off. I played the RE6 demo and the camera is sooo fucking weird that I got dizzy while playing as Chris. The controllers are clunkay as fuck too.... it's not story progression, they've just run out of ideas to make them good zombie games.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Capcom: Resident Evil can't please everyone StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Capcom: Resident Evil can't please everyone   Capcom: Resident Evil can't please everyone I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 9:11 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Tries to please everyone, says can't please everyone. :fuckthat:

RE 1- 4 were awesome, only problem I had with 4 was the dead weight called Ashley. Come along Resident Evil 5, Capcom: Resident Evil can't please everyone 1443829230 talk about stupid AI's. I hated playing by myself, I needed to play online to have some decent fun with it. I remember half way through the game Chris tells Sheva to leave and I was sooo happy! She decides to stay and i was pissed off. I played the RE6 demo and the camera is sooo fucking weird that I got dizzy while playing as Chris. The controllers are clunkay as fuck too.... it's not story progression, they've just run out of ideas to make them good zombie games.
They actuallly fix it in RE6. AI partner is slighty better and you don't need to share ammo and try to keep them alive lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Capcom: Resident Evil can't please everyone   Capcom: Resident Evil can't please everyone I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Capcom: Resident Evil can't please everyone
Page 1 of 1