Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing"

Go down 
+7
Jack the Spectre
CernaMLD
Franko
Hydell
Chobo
Orc
yonny616
11 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing" PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing" Empty
PostSubject: CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing"   CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing" I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 3:57 pm

CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing" 1443829230 I knew this would happen.
Quote :
By now most of you know of the tragic news and events that took place shortly after the clock struck midnight this past Thursday in a Denver suburb movie theater.

It was only a matter of time, however, until someone made the stupid comment and blamed the horrific events of Thursday on video games.

According to an article on EGM's website, CNN's criminal profiler Pat Brown who said on Friday morning video games gets a person in the mood to kill.

"[He] probably spent a lot of time in his apartment, playing one video game after the other—shooting, shooting, shooting—building up his courage and building up the excitement of when it’s going to be real for him.

"And now we’re going to find, probably on [Facebook] or anybody who knows him will say, ‘Yeah, he did have a lot of interest in that.'

"He was always playing the video games. And I’m not saying video games make you a killer. But if you’re a psychopath, video games help you get in the mode to do the killing," Brown said.

There has been a lot of fallout and articles written about this situation, including one written by The Denver Post which does a great job, considering the circumstances of everything, of gathering up enough information to give us all a peek into what James Holmes, the shooter, was like.

Of all the things that were said from people who knew James, never once did the topic of video games come up when they were describing him.

What do you all think of CNN shooting accusations such as this at an easy target like video games?
http://www.examiner.com/article/cnn-video-games-help-you-get-the-mode-to-do-the-killing-1
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing"   CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing" I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 5:08 pm

Oh seriously fuck off already, delusional cunts.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing" 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing"   CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing" I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 5:25 pm

I KNEW THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN! I am sick and tired of all these moronic news conglomerates blaming video games for acts of violence! I thought this topic was put to rest after Jackass Thompson was disbarred!
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing"   CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing" I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 5:46 pm

Yeah cos a shooting at a FILM is all video games fault.

One day i hope someone who watches too much CNN or FOX does a shooting (hopefully just wounding people) and lets see what they blame it on then. Fucking obnoxious cunts.
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing"   CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing" I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 5:46 pm

I was thinking they would do something like this because that shooting outside that "Dark Knight Rises" Screening
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing"   CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing" I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 5:56 pm

Yes, blame the fucking video games since there isn't as much violence being portrayed in any other form of entertainment INCLUDING The Dark Knight films. Cunts.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing" XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing"   CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing" I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 6:14 pm

Why is it that none of us have slaughtered a theater full of people despite us all playing video games, including shooters? We must be in the minority.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing"   CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing" I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 8:01 pm

Just ignore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing"   CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing" I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 8:41 pm

So the guy who tried to pose as Joker by shooting at the people who were watching the movie was motivated by a Video Game, right?

Great logic, I wish I could have that kind of logic...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing" R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing"   CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing" I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 9:03 pm

A group of Arabs are trying to break in into a house! Lets blame the Mexicans!
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing" XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing"   CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing" I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:23 pm

Sheogorath wrote:
So the guy who tried to pose as Joker by shooting at the people who were watching the movie was motivated by a Video Game, right?

Great logic, I wish I could have that kind of logic...
Guy shoots up a theater full of people. --> Dressed as Joker --> Joker is in Gotham City. --> Gotham City Impostors --> FPS --> Call of Duty --> Call of Duty is the highest selling game so it must represent all video games. --> Games make people dress up as Joker and shoot up a theater.

/logic
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing"   CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing" I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 12:02 am

:what: CNN has to be trolling with this article. Nobody can be that stupid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing"   CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CNN: "video games help you get in the mode to do the killing"
Page 1 of 1