Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Square Enix: Extended PS3, 360 lifecycles are 'biggest mistake ever'

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Square Enix: Extended PS3, 360 lifecycles are 'biggest mistake ever' PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Square Enix: Extended PS3, 360 lifecycles are 'biggest mistake ever' Empty
PostSubject: Square Enix: Extended PS3, 360 lifecycles are 'biggest mistake ever'   Square Enix: Extended PS3, 360 lifecycles are 'biggest mistake ever' I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:05 pm

Quote :
That's according to Square Enix's worldwide technology director Julien Merceron, who told GamesIndustry.biz that the platform holders' decision to hold off on releasing new hardware has helped facilitate the emergence of powerful new rival platforms.
"We have Sony and Microsoft talking about this generation lasting 7,8,9 or even 10 years and it's the biggest mistake they've ever made," he said.

"This generation has been way too long, and I say this because you have a lot of developers that work on a new platform, and perhaps will not succeed, so they will wait for the next generation, and will jump on that platform. You could not do that with this generation though. So these developers went elsewhere to see if the grass was greener.

"They found web browsers, they found iOS, they found other things and a lot of them won't come back to the hardware platforms," he predicted. "So you could look at it that thanks to Microsoft and Sony and the length of this generation, it helped the emergence of other platforms and helped them get strong before the next hardware comes out."

Supposedly leaked documents suggest Xbox 720 will be released by the end of 2013, eight years after its predecessor hit the market.

PS3 launched in 2006, and evidence suggests development of PlayStation 4 has been fully underway since at least August 2010.

Sony has admitted it would be "undesirable" to let Xbox 720 get a significant head start on PS4, but the company says quality is more important than getting to market first, and insists it's not prepared to show off new hardware until it can demonstrate "a significant leap on the current experience".
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/357264/square-enix-extended-ps3-360-lifecycles-are-biggest-mistake-ever/
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Square Enix: Extended PS3, 360 lifecycles are 'biggest mistake ever' XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix: Extended PS3, 360 lifecycles are 'biggest mistake ever'   Square Enix: Extended PS3, 360 lifecycles are 'biggest mistake ever' I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:21 pm

Life cycles SHOULD get longer as console technology gets better. I'm not expecting the PS3 to only last six years before the PS4. And the PS4 should go even longer than the PS3 before the PS5. And so it should continue.
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix: Extended PS3, 360 lifecycles are 'biggest mistake ever'   Square Enix: Extended PS3, 360 lifecycles are 'biggest mistake ever' I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 4:41 pm

LOL Look who's talking!

So how bout that FFvsXIII, Squeenix?

Yeah, fuck you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix: Extended PS3, 360 lifecycles are 'biggest mistake ever'   Square Enix: Extended PS3, 360 lifecycles are 'biggest mistake ever' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Square Enix: Extended PS3, 360 lifecycles are 'biggest mistake ever'
Page 1 of 1