Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Using and old xbox 360 20GB internal HDD for storage?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nova Robberson
Peon
Peon

Stature : 0

Using and old xbox 360 20GB internal HDD for storage? Empty
PostSubject: Using and old xbox 360 20GB internal HDD for storage?   Using and old xbox 360 20GB internal HDD for storage? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 1:08 am

I have an old 20 GB HDD from an xbox 360 that died.

I now have a 250GB slim. I would like to use the old 20GB hard drive with a USB case to make it an external drive/memory for my new slim. I want it to function like a memory stick.

I can read the old drive when I hook it up to my PC. I formatted it to FAT32 (18.6GB with 17.1GB free) and it seems to read and write PC files. However, when I use Xtaf it still shows xbox partitions.

My dilemma is...I want to know if this will work as a memory device on my new 360 before I dish out for an external USB case (I have to order it and its kinda a b*it* to return). Also, will the slim accept a 2-usb attachment?

Thanks for any help.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1