Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Xbox Live could be AWESOME

Go down 
+7
Stigma
TheJubJub5721
Pickles1337
NoelX2
The_Biotic_God
Jack the Spectre
Orc
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

How Xbox Live could be AWESOME Empty
PostSubject: How Xbox Live could be AWESOME   How Xbox Live could be AWESOME I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 11:20 am

For Xbox Live, to give users more reasons to subscribe to the service, instead of timed exclusivity of dlc and stupid offers no one really cares about, this is what Microsoft should offer.

Free online for MMO's.
Even if it's only Final Fantasy XI which was originally released on PS2! There's no reason people should have to pay extra for that. Microsoft should get a game like that or even that and make the online gaming completely free.
Also Monster Hunter Frontier NEEDS a western release.

Dedicated Servers
Apparently there are dedicated servers on quite a few xbox games but why not all of them?

Advertising + promoting older games
Some perfectly decent titles such as Dark Messiah of Might n Magic, Timeshift and Shadowrun have a dying or perhaps even dead online community. IF those games are one of your favourite ones to play online but there's no one playing, then there's no reason to pay for xbox live. So what I think M$ should do is sell downloadable versions of these games but for a reasonable price. Like the price they are going in retail outlets.

Microsoft Xbox Home
Admit it, you were disappointed too when that Game Room didn't turn out quite what you expected. What xbox live needs is an avatar online virtual world thing. At the moment we're relying on Indie developers to create these kinds of games but so far they've mostly been...rather underwhelming. Microsoft needs to give us something similar to playstation home but much more fun. :)

EXCLUSIVES
I know this has nothing to do with xbox live as such but microsoft need to get their heads out of their asses and give us more exclusives.
Fools.

Your views?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

How Xbox Live could be AWESOME XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: How Xbox Live could be AWESOME   How Xbox Live could be AWESOME I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 3:27 pm

Servers are usually provided by the publisher, no? Although it would be nice to see the Party Chat system being hosted on a dedicated server. As it stand, Party Chat is horrible due to the horrible connectivity.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: How Xbox Live could be AWESOME   How Xbox Live could be AWESOME I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 5:57 pm

TRF wrote:
Servers are usually provided by the publisher, no? Although it would be nice to see the Party Chat system being hosted on a dedicated server. As it stand, Party Chat is horrible due to the horrible connectivity.

ehhhh, but what is Microsoft doing with the £6 a month they get from us? Surely they could use it to provide dedicated servers for the games.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: How Xbox Live could be AWESOME   How Xbox Live could be AWESOME I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:00 pm

An Xbox Home would be horrific. PS Home is already boring. Plus MS would get backlash for copying Sony.

Dedicated servers has to be provided by the publisher. Microsoft provides dedicated serves to their latest games, but not the older titles. I know that Forza 3 and Gears 3 uses dedicated servers. I was under the impression that Reach didn't use dedicated servers, but apparently it does though it still needs a host to keep stats updated.

MMOs on consoles suck anyways, but it would be nice to not have to pay for them if I'm already paying a subscription.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: How Xbox Live could be AWESOME   How Xbox Live could be AWESOME I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 8:14 pm

Get more games. I dont give a shit about everything else. I just want some games to keep me happy!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: How Xbox Live could be AWESOME   How Xbox Live could be AWESOME I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 1:53 pm

They should improve how fast it is to stream videos from the dashboard.

They're really slow unlike Netflix.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: How Xbox Live could be AWESOME   How Xbox Live could be AWESOME I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 3:46 am

Also they should let us play indie games without having to have your 360 connected.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: How Xbox Live could be AWESOME   How Xbox Live could be AWESOME I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 8:23 am

^
yeah and they should lower the xbl price ffs lol
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: How Xbox Live could be AWESOME   How Xbox Live could be AWESOME I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 1:25 pm

Lower XBL prices. Better party chat. More free games...? How Xbox Live could be AWESOME 2505020059

And having to be connected to live to play indie games is retarded.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How Xbox Live could be AWESOME   How Xbox Live could be AWESOME I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 5:59 pm

More features, more free games, steam, and they need to seriously lower the price. They need to make xbox live worth the price compared to steam and psn free services.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: How Xbox Live could be AWESOME   How Xbox Live could be AWESOME I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 7:56 pm

They should give a massive discount on all arcade games before 2010 to Gold members.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: How Xbox Live could be AWESOME   How Xbox Live could be AWESOME I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 8:12 pm

Trash it and integrate a console version of Steam so the Xbox can return to the master race.

RIP OG Xbox Sad
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: How Xbox Live could be AWESOME   How Xbox Live could be AWESOME I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 9:41 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
They should give a massive discount on all arcade games before 2010 to Gold members.
I wonder what would happen in 2010. Im sure everyone plays MW2 in 2010. And what is Alan Wake? Its gonna be a shitty game, I KNOW IT WILL!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: How Xbox Live could be AWESOME   How Xbox Live could be AWESOME I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:55 pm

ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
I wonder what would happen in 2010. Im sure everyone plays MW2 in 2010. And what is Alan Wake? Its gonna be a shitty game, I KNOW IT WILL!

I don't understand. :scratch:
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: How Xbox Live could be AWESOME   How Xbox Live could be AWESOME I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 7:31 pm

ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

??

He meant games that came out before 2010 should be on offer.

What did you mean??
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

How Xbox Live could be AWESOME 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: How Xbox Live could be AWESOME   How Xbox Live could be AWESOME I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 7:59 pm

a teared subscription system like this

Silver: everything with current silver with online play, XGC, and party chat Price: free

Gold: all of the other bells and whistles with current gold: $30 a year

Platinum: larger discounts in the store, exclusive/timed exclusive content, games, DLC, free XBLA games as long as you pay for platinum, free avatar gear, a free month of Zune pass with first purchase . Price: $60 a year
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: How Xbox Live could be AWESOME   How Xbox Live could be AWESOME I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 5:32 am

chobo500 wrote:

Silver: everything with current silver with online play, XGC, and party chat Price: free

Platinum: larger discounts in the store, exclusive/timed exclusive content, games, DLC, free XBLA games as long as you pay for platinum, free avatar gear, a free month of Zune pass with first purchase . Price: $60 a year

I agree. A tiered subscription is what people wanted for ages!
It's not as if XBL gives us much more than psn really... it's enough to justify paying for the service but not to justify paying that much if you don't use more than half of the features.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: How Xbox Live could be AWESOME   How Xbox Live could be AWESOME I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 12:05 pm

Lykos wrote:
chobo500 wrote:

It's not as if XBL gives us much more than psn really... it's enough to justify paying for the service but not to justify paying that much if you don't use more than half of the features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N2Jy7K5iIY&lc=aKx1iJEXTiMSnBkDfrRof_OO98P7r8xyQCVbLTEbvNc&feature=inbox

This video pretty much shows how you can get your money's worth off of XBL. For example, if you get 4 of your friends to split the cost of the family pack plan, you only have to pay 25 bucks for Live. If you use Bing and get awards points you can get a shit ton of MS points. If you take advantage of some of the discounts, you also save more money. So to the smart consumer, the benefits of paying for XBL Gold heavily outweigh it's price tag. And that's when you aren't considering the fact that XBL is marginally better than PSN price tag or no price tag.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: How Xbox Live could be AWESOME   How Xbox Live could be AWESOME I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 3:01 pm

^
Cba. Different friends started their yearly subscriptions at different times. One friend won't have their subscription as silver while they wait for another's xbox live to run out.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: How Xbox Live could be AWESOME   How Xbox Live could be AWESOME I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 3:58 pm

Lykos wrote:
^
Cba. Different friends started their yearly subscriptions at different times. One friend won't have their subscription as silver while they wait for another's xbox live to run out.

Well that's just one way to save money. Just saying to the smarter consumer XBL will save you money.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: How Xbox Live could be AWESOME   How Xbox Live could be AWESOME I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 4:55 pm

Lykos wrote:
chobo500 wrote:

$60 for cross game voice chat is justification? lolwut

A tiered system would be good, though, yes. At the bare minimum Xbox Live should:

a) let you play your games online
b) cross game voice chat with your friends/party system in general
c) download demos

Everything past that could be paid for with a monthly fee.
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Merchant
Merchant
Shin_Akuma

Stature : 1

PostSubject: Re: How Xbox Live could be AWESOME   How Xbox Live could be AWESOME I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 5:44 am

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How Xbox Live could be AWESOME   How Xbox Live could be AWESOME I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 9:07 am

Shin_Akuma wrote:
How Xbox Live could be AWESOME 0_bmp17
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

How Xbox Live could be AWESOME XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: How Xbox Live could be AWESOME   How Xbox Live could be AWESOME I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 11:02 am

Shin_Akuma wrote:
They didn't update to force a commercial on their users. They updated to make the Dashboard more Kinect-friendly so that it works better with motion controls.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: How Xbox Live could be AWESOME   How Xbox Live could be AWESOME I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 11:09 am

Ihsahn wrote:
Lykos wrote:
chobo500 wrote:

$60 for cross game voice chat is justification? lolwut

A tiered system would be good, though, yes. At the bare minimum Xbox Live should:

a) let you play your games online
b) cross game voice chat with your friends/party system in general
c) download demos

Everything past that could be paid for with a monthly fee.

Reread.

[quote] it's enough to justify paying for the service but not to justify paying that much[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Xbox Live could be AWESOME   How Xbox Live could be AWESOME I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Xbox Live could be AWESOME
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next