Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thinking about getting PS+

Go down 
+12
Jack the Spectre
The Enkindler
Franko
2Sugoi2Die
Mikenuge
CernaMLD
Archduke
Angelus
Orc
RamboOnRedBull
Mecha
Hydell
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

Thinking about getting PS+ Empty
PostSubject: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 9:01 am

Anyone else got it? Is it worth it?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Thinking about getting PS+ R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 9:50 am

I had PS+ once. It's okay I guess. You get to play early betas, demos, PSOne classics, and a good chunk of the first few levels of some of the bigger titles.

The only problem I have with PS+ is that the games you buy with a discount isn't really yours to keep. Once you stop paying for PS+, you no longer can play those games. Unless either you keep on paying PS+ or buy the game at full price, which you can do without PS+.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Thinking about getting PS+ Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 10:53 am

It's pretty decent, thus far. But I wouldn't say it's worth the price, to be honest.

Though, if you get it now, you'll be able to get inFAMOUS 2, Motorstorm Apocalypse, LBP2 and a couple of other games. All for FREE. That alone should be worth a 3-month subscription purchase just to check the service out.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:06 pm

^ Not exactly. Its more like to rent.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Thinking about getting PS+ ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 1:03 pm

It's basically just you pay $50 a year, and in return you get to use a massive amount of stuff. I never renewed my subscription because I just couldn't take advantage of all the games (though Shatter was amazing).

It's definitely worth the price, in my opinion, since the Dynamic Themes and Qore alone more than cover the price.

Also, don't listen to Mecha. Never listen to Mecha. You get to keep anything you pay for separately, including discounted games and DLC, even after your subscription expires. You just don't get to keep the stuff they give to you for free.

So it's definitely worth checking out, I'm probably gonna try to renew my subscription next time there's a special offer.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 2:13 pm

Yeah, I had it for a month after the PSN hack. It was pretty cool. Too bad I wasn't able to keep any of the games I got for free Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 2:33 pm

Mecha wrote:

The only problem I have with PS+ is that the games you buy with a discount isn't really yours to keep. Once you stop paying for PS+, you no longer can play those games. Unless either you keep on paying PS+ or buy the game at full price, which you can do without PS+.

Bullshit. The games you download for free end with your subscription. Not the games you actually pay for. Hell even the free DLC is yours to keep.

I currently got myself a year of PS+ for free and a couple more months from the show floor. Of course I'd think it's worth it for that. lol But before I used to buy myself a few 3 month subscriptions and ended up really liking PS+.

Just take a look at BROD3O's opinions on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z4e8XPHckw&feature=plcp
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 2:51 pm

All I know is, the games I got from PS+ didn't work after I stop paying for it. :derp:
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 2:52 pm

Mecha wrote:
All I know is, the games I got from PS+ didn't work after I stop paying for it. :derp:

What games were they?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 3:02 pm

Angelus the Revenant wrote:
Mecha wrote:

What games were they?

Free-trial PS3 games, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and a few PSOne titles.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 4:35 pm

Mecha wrote:
Angelus the Revenant wrote:
Mecha wrote:

What games were they?

Free-trial PS3 games, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and a few PSOne titles.

Those were all free. You don't get to keep those.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 6:30 pm

I can understand about free-trial PS3 games, but I payed for Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and didn't get to keep it. PSOne classics, I don't remember? It's a bit of a blur to me.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 6:49 pm

waste of money you actually get nothing for free seeing as youre paying

the games are usually bad and dynamic themes and avatars are not worth even the 3 month price tag
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 6:50 pm

A new PSone Classic was available for free every update, if you lost them that's where you got them from.

Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog 2 were both free.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 7:04 pm

That's weird? I had to pay for Sonic the Hedgehog 2...
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 7:25 pm

Oneirology could explain that very well. You dreamt it.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Thinking about getting PS+ StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 7:57 pm

I guess it doesn't hurt just pay for it once and see if the amount of money you save on buying discounted stuff outweighs the price you paid for the service.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 9:11 pm

Padders wrote:
I guess it doesn't hurt just pay for it once and see if the amount of money you save on buying discounted stuff outweighs the price you paid for the service.

Qore has an annual subscription of $25, and it is worth it. It comes free with PS+, which immediately knocks off 50% of the cost for an annual subscription. The average dynamic theme is $2, and premium theme $1. You get enough of those and avatars (that you keep permanently) to cover the other %50 of the cost.

So basically, all games aside, you get more than what you pay for. If you include any discounts you might take advantage of, and all the full games you get to play during your subscription, it's more than worth the fee.
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 2:37 pm

Its total shit really...
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 2:40 pm

PS+ = An absolute waste of time and money, don't get it, man.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 7:51 pm

Sheogorath wrote:
PS+ = An absolute waste of time and money, don't get it, man.

Care to support that statement?
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 7:47 am

Yes, a few discounts on some DL games, early access to demos and all that, nothing special.
Though I only had PS+ after the Outage so some things might have changed, but for me it's a waste of money.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Thinking about getting PS+ XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:49 am

PS+ was worth every penny to me.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 12:07 pm

It is Netflix for videogames.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 4:44 pm

Sheogorath wrote:
Yes, a few discounts on some DL games, early access to demos and all that, nothing special.
Though I only had PS+ after the Outage so some things might have changed, but for me it's a waste of money.

If you're going to buy a cheeseburger and leave out on the counter until it rots, you are not entitled to call it a waste of money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thinking about getting PS+
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next