Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New direction for Killzone 4?

Go down 
+3
Franko
Stoney
Dam_Noir
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

New direction for Killzone 4? Empty
PostSubject: New direction for Killzone 4?   New direction for Killzone 4? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 10:24 am

I know this is quite lengthy but after discussing the ending of Killzone 3 and assessing the results of the ISA vs Helghast poll on this forum i've wanted to give my opinion regards the future of the Killzone series and what direction I believe it should take.

The biggest problem with the Killzone story is the ISA.

I'm not alone in thinking this because I know there are plenty of Americans who can't abide the stereotypical generic U.S. Marine Corp attitude the ISA posses, which wouldn't be problem in a game that features the U.S. military (even though it has been over used in other games) but in Killzone pretty much all the ISA forces were born and raised on an alien planet whereas you could be fooled into thinking they were brought up on a United States military base.

After studying the Killzone Universe and it's history the Helghast people are the real victims. After the first Extrasolar War they were unlawfully foced to leave Vekta and were abandoned on Helghan's surface which had huge implications on the peoples health and lifespan. During the events of the Killzone games it becomes clear that the Helghast high command also has little regard for the lives of it's people either.

As Visari said during his opening speech on Killzone 1 "Our enemies at home have been re-educated; we have given them new insights into our cause".

Considering that Visari referenced the Helghast Empire's domestic enemies during a time preceding the events of Killzone 1, it wouldn't take much of an imagination to have them rise up again in light of the new hardships brought about by both the ISA and Helghast Empire in Killzone 2 & 3.

This concept would also add some variation to the campaign seen as your not only fighting the Helghast but also the ISA.

'The Helghast Outcast' as i've coined him could also be voiced by someone like Sean Bean who's Yorkshire accent would be a stark contrast to the Queen's English or Cockney accents found amongst all the other Helghast characters featured to date. This in turn would also be a reference to the North / South divide found within England, highlighting the differences between people who come from one nation.

Helghast Revolutionaries campaign for Killzone 4!

Do you agree?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: New direction for Killzone 4?   New direction for Killzone 4? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 1:40 pm

Quality post, buddy. I agree 100%, I'm almost certain that GG will focus on the Helghast in "KZ 4". The Killzone universe is deep and I'd love to see more.
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: New direction for Killzone 4?   New direction for Killzone 4? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 3:50 pm

I agree.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: New direction for Killzone 4?   New direction for Killzone 4? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 7:34 pm

The helghast arent all victims, they have done wrong things like ISA.Both sides are at fault for the war.

The ISA did to helghast as us Allies did to the germans after WW1.Next thing you know a leader(Hitler/visari) rises to power and gives his people back their pride and wage war.

The helghast invading Vekta and slaughtering everyone(civilian or not) obviously wasnt a good thing.

Still, I would love to see a KZ game where you play as a helghast.Not KZ but a spin off or something.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: New direction for Killzone 4?   New direction for Killzone 4? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 8:07 pm

This would be one hell of a campaign.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: New direction for Killzone 4?   New direction for Killzone 4? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 9:42 pm

I'd personally love to play as the Helghast, they are just so much more interesting than the ISA.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: New direction for Killzone 4?   New direction for Killzone 4? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 4:18 am

the helghast aren't the victims,both the isa and the helghast did wrong,when isa came and banished them to vekta,they should've negotiated and maybe they found a solution but fuck no,visari comes to power and brainwashes all the helghast people with his words and the helghast attacked vekta and killed civilians and turned vekta into shit.the helghast deserved that visari died and the isa deserved to have its most of the fleet destroyed in killzone 3
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: New direction for Killzone 4?   New direction for Killzone 4? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 4:40 am

Zeratul wrote:
The helghast arent all victims, they have done wrong things like ISA.Both sides are at fault for the war.

The ISA did to helghast as us Allies did to the germans after WW1.Next thing you know a leader(Hitler/visari) rises to power and gives his people back their pride and wage war.

The helghast invading Vekta and slaughtering everyone(civilian or not) obviously wasnt a good thing.

Still, I would love to see a KZ game where you play as a helghast.Not KZ but a spin off or something.

Pein wrote:
the helghast aren't the victims,both the isa and the helghast did wrong,when isa came and banished them to vekta,they should've negotiated and maybe they found a solution but fuck no,visari comes to power and brainwashes all the helghast people with his words and the helghast attacked vekta and killed civilians and turned vekta into shit.the helghast deserved that visari died and the isa deserved to have its most of the fleet destroyed in killzone 3

There is a difference between the Helghast Empire with it's politcal and military power and the Helghast civilians.

In my concept i'm not trying to turn the Helghast as we know them into protagonists. The current Helghast High Command and the soldiers loyal to them will remain evil.

The Helghast Revolutionaries may not have been in favour of the war on Vekta (Just like many people felt in England over the Iraq War but our government went anyway) so you can't simply brand an entire planets population as being as evil as Visari. Besides have you ever seen a Helghast civilian in a Killzone game? Exactly. They are a blank canvas with endless possibilities.

However The Helghast Revolutionaries may actually want to open diplomatic talks with ISA or UCN, this could be achieved through the involvement of Gregor Hakha from Killzone 1. But they need to take control of their own nation before that can happen.

Although your stereotypical view that all Helghast are all inherently evil does have it's benefits, this view could also play a role within the concept of the game. The clashes this Rebel Helghast faction would have with the ISA could reflect Rico's classic moto of "The only good Hig is a dead Hig". Which wouldn't be the case with this rebel Helghast faction yet it would give them justifaction to fight against the ISA in self defence and besides the ISA deserve a good kicking after their immoral decisions which have had huge repercussions on the Helghast people throughout Killzone 2 and 3.

Speaking of Rico, is it just me, or would anyone else take a great sense of satisfaction in killing him in a Killzone game?
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: New direction for Killzone 4?   New direction for Killzone 4? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 6:24 am

Dam_Noir wrote:
Zeratul wrote:

Pein wrote:

There is a difference between the Helghast Empire with it's politcal and military power and the Helghast civilians.

In my concept i'm not trying to turn the Helghast as we know them into protagonists. The current Helghast High Command and the soldiers loyal to them will remain evil.

The Helghast Revolutionaries may not have been in favour of the war on Vekta (Just like many people felt in England over the Iraq War but our government went anyway) so you can't simply brand an entire planets population as being as evil as Visari. Besides have you ever seen a Helghast civilian in a Killzone game? Exactly. They are a blank canvas with endless possibilities.

However The Helghast Revolutionaries may actually want to open diplomatic talks with ISA or UCN, this could be achieved through the involvement of Gregor Hakha from Killzone 1. But they need to take control of their own nation before that can happen.

Although your stereotypical view that all Helghast are all inherently evil does have it's benefits, this view could also play a role within the concept of the game. The clashes this Rebel Helghast faction would have with the ISA could reflect Rico's classic moto of "The only good Hig is a dead Hig". Which wouldn't be the case with this rebel Helghast faction yet it would give them justifaction to fight against the ISA in self defence and besides the ISA deserve a good kicking after their immoral decisions which have had huge repercussions on the Helghast people throughout Killzone 2 and 3.

Speaking of Rico, is it just me, or would anyone else take a great sense of satisfaction in killing him in a Killzone game?

Yep all the time
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: New direction for Killzone 4?   New direction for Killzone 4? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 2:19 pm

I actually like Rico in the third game(gasp).

But he was a tool in KZ 2 and a bigger tool in KZ 1.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: New direction for Killzone 4?   New direction for Killzone 4? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 9:30 am

Here is the banner the Helghast Outcasts could fight under which is taken straight from the game.

New direction for Killzone 4? Helgha12

The three interlocking arms of the original Helghast Triad represent Peace, Justice, and Freedom.

New direction for Killzone 4? Helgha11

The current Helghast Triad represents Visari's three virtues of Duty, Obedience and Loyalty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New direction for Killzone 4?   New direction for Killzone 4? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New direction for Killzone 4?
Page 1 of 1