Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Who Ruined gaming?

Go down 
+6
Jack the Spectre
Hydell
2Sugoi2Die
Bluenose
Mecha
Archduke
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Who Ruined gaming?  Empty
PostSubject: Who Ruined gaming?    Who Ruined gaming?  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 4:50 pm

According to The7thlevl, Microsoft ruined gaming with the creation of Xbox Live, Xbox, and charging for online gaming. You can also mix in PC losing its audience, thanks to Microsoft. Games nowaday that are on PC that aren't ports with a high investment price are a rarity. He also thinks that gaming will one day be on one unified platform, with the big three companies going the Sega route. All three companies have made stupid decisions in this past generation of gaming.

I have seen a few video responses to this already. IMO, Microsoft shouldn't take all the flack. Yea, they made players charge for online play on XBL. But, they made video-game consoles more popular in the gaming world today. Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft are all at fault

What do you guys think? Who really ruined gaming?

Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Who Ruined gaming?  R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Who Ruined gaming?    Who Ruined gaming?  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 4:54 pm

If anything the casuals are ruining gaming.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Who Ruined gaming?    Who Ruined gaming?  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 4:55 pm

So the 40 year old is still arguing on the internet with a 15 year old fanbase.... lol.

Last edited by Teckno on Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who Ruined gaming?    Who Ruined gaming?  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 5:09 pm

I think Microsoft did play a role to a certain extend mainly because of the DLC thing and popularizing the FPS genre to much, but i don't think that they are the main reason.

If anything i'm more concerned about mobile and motion gaming. But i think that people are a little bit to angered about the FPS hype like it never happened before. I mean think about it in the 6th gen we had the whole overdone JRPG hype, the 90's were fighting games and 80's beat em ups and side scrollers. There will always be a dominating genre with alot of cheap clones.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Who Ruined gaming?  StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Who Ruined gaming?    Who Ruined gaming?  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 7:40 pm

Everyone is to blame.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Who Ruined gaming?    Who Ruined gaming?  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 12:02 pm

Not only are the corporations to blame, but so are the publishers...look at all the complete bullshit the likes of EA, Activision and Capcom do.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Who Ruined gaming?  XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Who Ruined gaming?    Who Ruined gaming?  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 7:04 pm

Who says gaming is "ruined"? We still get plenty of great games. The industry is as fine as it's ever been for the average gamer.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Who Ruined gaming?    Who Ruined gaming?  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 6:13 am

Greedy publishers, casual gaming and pay-to-play online are all negative factors in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Who Ruined gaming?  Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Who Ruined gaming?    Who Ruined gaming?  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 7:29 am

I agree with TRF on this one.

Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Who Ruined gaming?    Who Ruined gaming?  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 10:23 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Who says gaming is "ruined"? We still get plenty of great games. The industry is as fine as it's ever been for the average gamer.

This, my gaming calender is busy as fuck, the industry is doing great as a whole, imo.
Back to top Go down
CleverCatchPhrase
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss

Stature : 40

PostSubject: Re: Who Ruined gaming?    Who Ruined gaming?  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 9:00 pm

I wouldn't say it is ruined.. but it could do better. Unfortunately... like movies, as technology advances? Story lines and character builds will fall short: Thanks to retarded pre-teens.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Who Ruined gaming?  StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Who Ruined gaming?    Who Ruined gaming?  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 6:10 am

CleverCatchPhrase wrote:
Thanks to retarded pre-teens.
Damn those pre-teens!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Ruined gaming?    Who Ruined gaming?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who Ruined gaming?
Page 1 of 1