Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played

Go down 
+4
Angelus
Jack the Spectre
Chobo
Orc
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played Empty
PostSubject: Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played   Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 7:21 pm

I realise I am setting myself up to be debated and whatnot but this is purely based upon my taste in games.

GTA
Firstly I've been a Grand Theft Auto fan since the early days. I bought GTA 1 and GTA London just after the latter had been released. I then went on to get GTA 2 and over time I purchased every single grand theft auto game.
But my favourite one is not the highly regarded San Andreas, not the much loved Vice City or GTA IV....
It is Liberty City Stories. I loved Liberty City as a location and LCS tightened up the gameplay of GTA 3, gave us the most likable gta protagonist, a very dark and gritty atmosphere, a compelling narrative and a revolutionary handheld experience.
Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played Gta-screen-550-8

THE SIMS 2
I'm not gonna lie, I have a place in my heart for The Sims. I've purchased pretty much every expansion for the first game along with some console iterations. But the gameplay eventually began to get stale....until the PSP version came along. It kept the core sims mechanics but added a storyline, an intriguing world of mystery, some funny moments, some good dialogue and great exploration. This is the best sims game in my eyes.
Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played Sims_2_4

CRISIS CORE (FINAL FANTASY VII)
I haven't actually played all the Final Fantasy games, far from it in fact so my opinion is perhaps void here. But this is the best Final Fantasy game I've played and among the best rpgs out there. One thing I loved about it is the combat. No more turn based, now you have full control within the enemy battles. Then you have an absolutely brilliant storyline with twists at every corner and perhaps the most tragic, powerful ending of any game. Furthermore the soundtrack was perfect.
Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played Medium_crisis_core_ffvii_dated

TONY HAWK'S UNDERGROUND 2 REMIX
TH Underground 2 was one of my favourite playstation 2/gamecube games. I never even bothered with the career that much. I'd just go on free skate and immerse myself into the well-designed environments (and admittedly back then I used to make up narratives in my head as I played.. lol). But then when the psp version came out it was the exact same game...but with more maps.
And now that it was handheld I could bring it everywhere, which I did. And I completed it multiple times. Loved it to death.
Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played Thug2_10

LITTLEBIGPLANET
My opinion here is a bit shallow as I do not own a ps3, but basically LBP on ps3 to me didn't quite work. Although it is such an incredible game, I am not one for sidescrollers on home consoles. It just never felt right to me. I could be playing anything yet I'd be running from left to right.... not feeling much satisfaction.
On a handheld it is a whole different story, and I cannot say why, but I always feel more inclined to play "simpler" games on handhelds. And LBP PSP was a brilliant way to do that. My favourite handheld platformer!
Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played 504x_lbp_psp_ptp

MGS PEACE WALKER
Same as with final fantasy, I am not really well-versed in the franchise, though I can say for sure that this is one of the best handheld games I have ever played. I am saddened that I am yet to complete it, because my analog stick finally broke (well its acting up and games are unplayable). But the gameplay was varied, when not in missions you are expanding the base and building your army and constructing a metal gear. The game also has stunning visuals for a PSP game. It was just a well-rounded package and really I had massive enjoyment with it.
Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played Metal_11

MONSTER HUNTER FREEDOM UNITE
There are so many games where I can just pick easy mode and fight bosses like nothing. Monster Hunter is not one of these games. It challenges you like non other. It takes so much practise, so much progression before you reap the benefits, but when it happens, boy is it satisfying. The game can literally last hundreds of hours. Numerous critics can vouch for this. The game is massive and though you'll be backtracking a bit, the game keeps giving and giving.
Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played Monsterhunterfreedom_186548

KINGDOM HEARTS: BIRTH BY SLEEP
Considered by many to be the best Kingdom Hearts game ever. I wouldn't know as I'm not really that big on the KH series but I did thoroughly enjoy this game. The story was compelling, the areas were all from great film choices and so large and explorable, the graphics were stunning and it was just overall excellent! So although I am not well versed in the KH universe, read the reviews... most critics agree that it is the best in the series.

Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played Kingdom_hearts_birth_by_sleep_terra_ven_aqua

I could go on and on but I realize that perhaps no one here is even going to bother reading anything here XD
But basically to summarise..

YS 7

This is another somewhat silly choice on my part since I hadn't played the earlier games, but YS7 introduced me to the compelling universe. THe world was beautiful and a joy to explore. The combt was addictive, the characters awesome. Although I still need to play the other games I doubt they can match the beauty of the locations in this game.

Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played Ys7-boat

KENKA BANCHO

Those who know me best know that I am a Bully fanatic. I love the whole concept of being a mischievous (or downright psychotic) schoolkid.
The gaming industry has a severe lack of these kinds of games, but luckily the Japanese made us this wonderful game Kenka Bancho in which you customize your character who is on a schooltrip and takes out all these different gangs. It's great fun and quite varied. It's no Bully but it's as good as you can get on a handheld.

Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played 01

ROCK BAND UNPLUGGED

I hate guitar hero. I hate rock band. Why people don't put down those pathetic plastic guitars and actually learn a real instruments is beyond me. Either way, being a massive psp fan I wanted to give every game a try. That included Rock Band Unplugged...and oh boy was I glad I did. I have actually completed the game numerous times to this day. Why do I like it? Because I don't feel like I am replacing my real guitar or feel like a musically ignorant tool. I am just playing a rhythm game, and that's it. The song selection was actually pretty good, though could have done with some more metal. I'm not complaining though.

Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played 1315565608_2

PILOT ACADEMY

I'm not big on flight sims. They are either too combat focused to the point of tedium, or you start in the air and can't land or take off (yes I'm looking at you ACE COMBAT) or they're just too damn technical and aimed at people who fly planes in real life (that's right Flight Simulator).
Pilot Academy was a nice breath of fresh air. It's got its flawed.. the contact detection is VERY off but however it's fun enough and has enough mission variation and fun multiplayer, so it's my favourite flight-based game.

Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played Pilot-academy-20061106102358638

SYPHON FILTER

This is another one of those series I neglected until I got a PSP. I must say though... WOW. From what I've heard these games are at least as good as the old ones... so no biggie. Will say that the two (and dlc) games on psp are wicked! The multiplayer is addictive as hell and the visuals are so stunning for a handheld. Plus the weapon choice and map customizations truly extend replay value. Great stuff.

Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played SYPHON_FILTER_DARK_MIRROR_1

TL;DR
A lot of my favourite psp titles are my favourites of the entire franchise.

Last edited by Ramzan_Kadyrov on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played   Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 7:55 pm

Crisis Core is by far my favorite PSP game. The fight scene between Angeal and Genesis against Seph was just fucking beast.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played   Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 8:03 pm

I'm a GOW fan, and I literally almost bought a PSP for the two portable GOW games. Then they were ported to the PS3.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played   Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 7:11 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Crisis Core is by far my favorite PSP game. The fight scene between Angeal and Genesis against Seph was just fucking beast.

That was awesome. But dude remember the final fight?

Chobo wrote:
I'm a GOW fan, and I literally almost bought a PSP for the two portable GOW games. Then they were ported to the PS3.

Fucking Sony Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played 21888
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played   Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 6:48 pm

Gay.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played   Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 6:30 am

^
Thanks for your constructive criticism
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played   Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 10:09 am

Lykos wrote:
MONSTER HUNTER FREEDOM UNITE
There are so many games where I can just pick easy mode and fight bosses like nothing. Monster Hunter is not one of these games. It challenges you like non other. It takes so much practise, so much progression before you reap the benefits, but when it happens, boy is it satisfying. The game can literally last hundreds of hours. Numerous critics can vouch for this. The game is massive and though you'll be backtracking a bit, the game keeps giving and giving.
Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played Monsterhunterfreedom_186548

You had me at 'Rathalos.' :)
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played   Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 10:15 am

^
Total beast right? Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played 2505020059

Though I prefer the way the Tigrex looks. Fucking beautiful thing.
Back to top Go down
Quitelikeican
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
Quitelikeican

Stature : 0
Closed Space

PostSubject: Re: Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played   Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 9:55 am

Peace Walker, Valkyria Chronicles 2, Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, and digital releases such as Fate/extra.
Back to top Go down
http://inuboy1000.webs.com/
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played   Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 6:05 pm

Quitelikeican wrote:
Peace Walker, Valkyria Chronicles 2, Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, and digital releases such as Fate/extra.

ok...
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played   Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:49 pm

Daxter and Star Wars Battlefront were the shining games of the PSP to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played   Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 11:43 pm

It's funny, because I think the PSP is utter shit and yet it's still better than the piece of trash known as the PSVita. Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played 725796345
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played   Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 2:10 am

persona 3 & valkyria chronically 2. nuff said. though i could play them on my vita as well
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played   Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 7:33 pm

Duke wrote:
It's funny, because I think the PSP is utter shit and yet it's still better than the piece of trash known as the PSVita. Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played 725796345

That's because everything is better than the Vita.

And because PSP is actually excellent.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played   Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 7:53 pm

Duke wrote:
It's funny, because I think the PSP is utter shit and yet it's still better than the piece of trash known as the PSVita. Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played 528803
I'm all for trashing the Vita but let's not get carried away here . . .
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played   Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 6:33 pm

shigdig wrote:
persona 3 & valkyria chronically 2. nuff said. though i could play them on my vita as well

Is it backwards compatible for those games?
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played   Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 6:35 pm

psp sucks though
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played   Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 6:39 pm

Mike, warning bar raised. Continue and I will just delete your comments.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played   Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 7:24 pm

Teckno wrote:
Mike, warning bar raised. Continue and I will just delete your comments.

I love you Teckno.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played   Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why PSP is still one of the best consoles I've ever played
Page 1 of 1