Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Games that should have sucked but didn't

Go down 
+3
Stoney
NoelX2
Orc
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Games that should have sucked but didn't Empty
PostSubject: Games that should have sucked but didn't   Games that should have sucked but didn't I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:48 pm

Share games that you expected would suck but actually turned out to be decent

Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets (PC/XBOX/PS2/GAMECUBE) [the pc and console versions are very different but having completed both numerous times, as well as played the gameboy advance, gameboy color and psx versions, I can say regardless of which you get it is going to be brilliant]

You know the curse of movie tie-ins, well luckily this game didn't follow suit. With Hogwarts intricately designed, the world is a joy to explore with secrets at every corner. It truly brought the magic of the films into an enjoyable game. Anyone who didn't play it missed out on a surprisingly great experience.
Games that should have sucked but didn't HPChamberofSecretsInGame

Deadly Premonition (XBOX 360/PS3)

From the trailer we could already see it's poor ps2-standard graphics and somewhat sloppy animation. Yet there was something unique and quirky about this game that made it so appealing to play. It also boasts a large town to explore and plenty of content. And for it to debut at the measly price of $20 on day one, it is stupid to not buy this game.
Games that should have sucked but didn't 63044_10

Cluedo Chronicles: Fatal Illusion (PC)

A mystery adventure game based upon a board game? Hmmmm doesn't sound like it is going to work. Yet, despite it's rather underwhelming critical appraisal... it is actually a very good game. It's creepy atmosphere (and certainly very dark, disturbing imagery for a game rated 11+) and very intriguing narrative with interesting conspiracies and puzzles to uncover make the game worth playing to anyone interested in adventure or detective games.
Games that should have sucked but didn't Clipbo10

Last edited by Lykos on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Games that should have sucked but didn't   Games that should have sucked but didn't I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:51 pm

Games that should have sucked but didn't 65639

Wartech: Senko no Ronde

This reminds me of Virtual-On so much. It plays like a fighter and a shmup. The game is soo underrated.

Last edited by NoelX2 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Games that should have sucked but didn't   Games that should have sucked but didn't I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:52 pm

^
Wrong thread. This is games that sound or look shit but are actually good. -_-
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Games that should have sucked but didn't   Games that should have sucked but didn't I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:59 pm

Games that should have sucked but didn't 537811_front

I used to play this for hours on end, it was my guilty pleasure.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-2/the-scorpion-king-rise-of-the-akkadian
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Games that should have sucked but didn't   Games that should have sucked but didn't I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:59 pm

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/wartech-senko-no-ronde

You were saying?

Last edited by NoelX2 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Games that should have sucked but didn't R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Games that should have sucked but didn't   Games that should have sucked but didn't I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 8:53 pm

Games that should have sucked but didn't 43356110
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Games that should have sucked but didn't 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Games that should have sucked but didn't   Games that should have sucked but didn't I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 8:59 pm

Batman Arkham Asylum

When I first Heard about It, I honestly thought it would suck. Then it came out, and boy was I wrong.
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Merchant
Merchant
Shin_Akuma

Stature : 1

PostSubject: Re: Games that should have sucked but didn't   Games that should have sucked but didn't I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 11:01 pm

Those older harry potter games were always good.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Games that should have sucked but didn't StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Games that should have sucked but didn't   Games that should have sucked but didn't I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 12:37 am

Games that should have sucked but didn't Nier-Is-an-Action-Role-Playing-Game
I thought this game sucked at first but I picked it up anyway since it was super cheap and needed a game to play for the long weekend.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Games that should have sucked but didn't   Games that should have sucked but didn't I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 10:41 pm

^ Nice
Is it like a hack n' slash kind of title?

KAMEO: Elements of Power
Games that should have sucked but didn't Kameo_elements_of_power_profilelarge
This game was an instinct buy. I knew nothing about it but I had literally just got my xbox like a week earlier and wanted some new but cheap games for it. I saw this and decided to give it a try though I thought it didn't look that great. I actually ended up loving it. I know it looks gay but damn it got addictive and really impressed me at points visually and in terms of how much it could have going on the screen at once.

MASS EFFECT
Games that should have sucked but didn't Mass-effect-shepard
Hang on, Hang on! Don't judge me just yet. I thought the game would not be my cup of tea because firstly I had heard nothing about it, secondly it was cheap as fuck when I saw it and thirdly I am not at all a sci-fi/space fan. Yet for the same reasons I bought Kameo, I picked it up. Good god, it is still among the best games I've ever played. Truly awesome.

FINAL FANTASY CRISIS CORE
Games that should have sucked but didn't 4149417-final-fantasy:-crisis-core
Okay, I am not a final fantasy fan in the slightest. This is why I did not think it would be possible for me to ever like a HANDHELD game, which I expected to be worse than most of the console games. The first 5 or 6 times I tried it I was convinced it was crap. I didn't like the combat nor the style. But something kept pulling me back to it, so eventually I gave in and tried to see how far I could get. And the more I played, the more hooked I got to it, and to this day this is the most moving, emotional game I have ever played. It has a truly powerful narrative. I love melancholic media (games, films, music) and this game really hit all the right buttons for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games that should have sucked but didn't   Games that should have sucked but didn't I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Games that should have sucked but didn't
Page 1 of 1