Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metroid: Other M really a bad game?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Metroid: Other M really a bad game? StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

Metroid: Other M really a bad game? Empty
PostSubject: Metroid: Other M really a bad game?   Metroid: Other M really a bad game? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:05 am

Woo wrote this a few nights ago, really late at night. So sorry for any bad spelling or shit that doesn't make sense.

Metroid: Other M is a pretty good game. It brought back that old school Metroid gameplay style from the NES and SNES days into a current generation game. It is self-paced, fast action, intense amazing level and art design. For a game on the Wii, it is better compared to most games on the HD consoles and furthers proves the facts that developing a game on a hardware with limited abilities can be awesome if the developer are very crafty with their game design.

There are two things that a lot people complained about Metroid: Other M. The voice acting and the emotional feelings of Samus Aran and the motion control from third person to first. The question is, is it really a bad game because of those two reasons?

I fail to see how people complain about the switch control to first person. Honestly it is a simple action, just aim the controller at the screen like it is a gun or something. Some enemies have certain sweet spots which can only be shot at in first person view. The idea is to be quick and choose the right time to go into first person view. The idea of motion control may have put off some people but the third Metroid Prime game pretty much uses motion control as one of its key features. I’ll be honest, I think a lot of gamers have gotten more and more stupid over the years. They can’t recognise simple patterns or can’t look around for themselves and just let the game do it for them.

I thought the voice acting for Samus is right on the spot. A lot people thought the game sucked because of it. I always thought Samus is quite socially awkward because of her past. She still fears Ridley regardless of how many times she defeated it, Adam was the closest thing to a father figure and she was pretty much been raised my aliens. It told a good story, conflict between Samus and Adam, the betrayal Melissa (Mother Brain) felt with Madeline which lead to the chaos at the space station. I think people didn’t like it because how Samus is presented in the game, over the years her image has always been this fearless female bounty hunter but this game really showed us that Samus is human like everyone else.
It was a big risk; personally I thought it was risk worth taking.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Metroid: Other M really a bad game?   Metroid: Other M really a bad game? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:33 am

As some of you(atleast ezek) might know, I despise Other M.Worst excuse of a game ever.I grew up with metroid and have been a longtime fan.But I was disgusted with Nintendo after the failure of a game called Other M came out.The game had great potential, but it utterly failed.

To answer your question, the game is bad because of it.The game heavily revolves around the story, which failed in every department.

Lets start off with the voice acting.The voice acting in the game is incredbly cheesy, cliche and overall crap.It is full of stupid dialogue that made me wonder "who the hell thought that Samus would be anything like this".Apparently no one but Team Ninja.The dialogue in the game is literally just like reading a teenage girl diary.I wont go in detail, instead ill show you a prime example...

Now the story lacks any orginality.Here is one thing i hate.How Adam is control of what you use.i mean cmon, samus is fighting a giant monster trying to eat her and you have to wait until you get "authorization" to use the weapon to kill it.Fucking come on....

The gameplay isnt that great.The game forces you at different points in the game to find extremely hidden things.Uggh i spent like two hours trying to figure out what to do at one part because I had to find a small tiny green spot hidden.Now, if you like rudding around shotting things in third person, go play gears of War.it had better shootnig mechanics than this.

Another thing I hate is the lack of what makes metroid awesome, exploration.There is very little exploration in Other M.Exploration is what has made metroid games so damn awesome.Yet Other M lacks it.What does that tell you?

So bassically what your saying is that it makes sense for Samus to kill Ridley 3 times and then on the fourth starts to break out crying?BS.Everyone who reads this thread, watch the video I posted.You know what the human response is to fighting a giant threat such as a space dragon?Fight or Flight.Not standing there crying your head off saying "It cant be!!".Hell, if Samus really did do that, Ridley wouldnt just stand there roaring(like in Other M), he would kill her.

Metroid Other M fans(as few as there are) say that Other M made Samus human but is that true?No.They made her into a cliche anime emo teen character.No "ifs" or "buts", that what they made her into.

For a gaming icon that made woman looks strong and independent for so many years, this was a shame.Other M has badly damaged the Metroid series in general.My advice?Bring back Retro.

Here is a vid showing Other m in a nutshell...

EDIT:My apologies, I meant to say Yoshio Sakamoto(father of metroid) was to blame for the story.Team Ninja did not create the story or dialogue, they did the gameplay, art ect which were also crap....

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Metroid: Other M really a bad game?   Metroid: Other M really a bad game? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:28 pm

Eh i thought it was okay. I didn't think it was on par with the prime series but it was good for a fun wii game although the storyline was terrible and they made samus look like some weak ass dumb blonde instead of a badass no fuck given type.

Either way i think you, zera and i are the only one who actually played this game on this forum anyway. Razz
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Metroid: Other M really a bad game?   Metroid: Other M really a bad game? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 4:38 pm

I thought it was good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Metroid: Other M really a bad game?   Metroid: Other M really a bad game? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 4:45 pm

It's a fun game. I remember shokio making a video about the controversial reviews on this game. He said that samus is portrayed in the game that way, because that's how she was portrayed in the comics, which were a prequel series or something. It's too bad because he deleted the video.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Metroid: Other M really a bad game?   Metroid: Other M really a bad game? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 5:01 pm

Duke wrote:
It's a fun game. I remember shokio making a video about the controversial reviews on this game. He said that samus is portrayed in the game that way, because that's how she was portrayed in the comics, which were a prequel series or something. It's too bad because he deleted the video.

The manga was crap too.Then again, it turned out i was reading it the wrong way Metroid: Other M really a bad game? 1443829230
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Merchant
Merchant
Shin_Akuma

Stature : 1

PostSubject: Re: Metroid: Other M really a bad game?   Metroid: Other M really a bad game? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 11:35 pm

Its not a bad game they just do an awful job humanizing samus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metroid: Other M really a bad game?   Metroid: Other M really a bad game? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metroid: Other M really a bad game?
Page 1 of 1