Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GameStop's CEO says platform holders can't push them out

Go down 
+4
Bluenose
The_Biotic_God
Mecha
yonny616
8 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

GameStop's CEO says platform holders can't push them out PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

GameStop's CEO says platform holders can't push them out Empty
PostSubject: GameStop's CEO says platform holders can't push them out   GameStop's CEO says platform holders can't push them out I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 8:07 pm

:ORLY:
Quote :
Publishers have been fighting a war against used game sales forever. This confuses some consumers as the largest seller of used games is GameStop, a retailer publishers continue give exclusive content and deals to. GameStop CEO J. Paul Raines told Vox Games that it isn't in a publisher's best interests to shut out the retailer.

"Platform owners could have cut us off a long time ago, but what happens is that GameStop has a relationship with the customer deep and sticky enough that it isn't in their best interests to do so," said Raines.

Currently, GameStop offers numerous ways to access digital content: streaming PC and console games with Spawn Labs, Flash-based browser titles with Kongregate, and PC digital download with Impulse. While GameStop is keen on keeping up with digital content sales, Raines believes that platform holders can't completely move away from the retailer without losing customers.

"Everyone thinks consumers are binary, all physical or all digital, but most are hybrids," he said. "You can't be in the business of trying to protect yourself only through technology, you've got to make less friction for the consumer."
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-03-03-gamestops-ceo-says-platform-holders-cant-push-them-out
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

GameStop's CEO says platform holders can't push them out R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: GameStop's CEO says platform holders can't push them out   GameStop's CEO says platform holders can't push them out I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 9:02 pm

Sooner or later, GameStop will go down. GameStop's CEO says platform holders can't push them out 21888
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: GameStop's CEO says platform holders can't push them out   GameStop's CEO says platform holders can't push them out I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 9:44 pm

If Gamestop goes down, people lose jobs.

Welcome to the real world. No matter how much you hate certain companies it's probably best they're still around for the sake of the economy.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

GameStop's CEO says platform holders can't push them out PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: GameStop's CEO says platform holders can't push them out   GameStop's CEO says platform holders can't push them out I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 10:00 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
If Gamestop goes down, people lose jobs.

Welcome to the real world. No matter how much you hate certain companies it's probably best they're still around for the sake of the economy.
This!
Although I would like more big competition for them (Play N' Trade, step yo game up! Razz ).
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: GameStop's CEO says platform holders can't push them out   GameStop's CEO says platform holders can't push them out I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 4:35 pm

I think the hate on gamestop is pretty dumb.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

GameStop's CEO says platform holders can't push them out R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: GameStop's CEO says platform holders can't push them out   GameStop's CEO says platform holders can't push them out I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 4:41 pm

Teckno wrote:

When you get ripped-off from them more than once, how can you not?
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: GameStop's CEO says platform holders can't push them out   GameStop's CEO says platform holders can't push them out I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 4:43 pm

Mecha wrote:
Teckno wrote:

When you get ripped-off from them more than once, how can you not?

Or get annoyed with dumb promotions and offers at the register when you just want to buy a damn game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

GameStop's CEO says platform holders can't push them out 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: GameStop's CEO says platform holders can't push them out   GameStop's CEO says platform holders can't push them out I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 4:48 pm

Every time I make a purchase at Game Stop, they always tell me to go to Gamestop.com and fill out a survey on how well the service was. I usually give them bad marks.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: GameStop's CEO says platform holders can't push them out   GameStop's CEO says platform holders can't push them out I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:33 am

Everytime i hear about GameStop it sounds like a fucking ordeal just to buy a game, fuck that shit i would flatly tell them...

FUCK.
OFF.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: GameStop's CEO says platform holders can't push them out   GameStop's CEO says platform holders can't push them out I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:54 pm

Gamestop employees get paid on commission, there's a reason they ask if you want to preorder a game or buy it used, they're not purposely trying to be annoying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GameStop's CEO says platform holders can't push them out   GameStop's CEO says platform holders can't push them out I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GameStop's CEO says platform holders can't push them out
Page 1 of 1