Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits'

Go down 
+4
Hydell
Pickles1337
The_Biotic_God
Stoney
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits' Empty
PostSubject: Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits'   Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits' I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:23 am

Quote :
Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli has claimed that Xbox 360 exclusive Codename: Kingdoms will push the console "to its limits" and offer gamers "a genuinely new" interactive entertainment experience.

Asked when we'd learn more about the mysterious title - revealed at E3 2010 with a video featuring a bloodied gladiator - he initially told CVG: "I can't really talk about that at the moment, maybe at E3, maybe before, I don't know yet."

Pressed on the studio's ambitions to branch out from the shooter genre, however, he said: "As a company we can't just make shooters, we need to breed genuinely new forms of entertainment and interactive experiences, and I think Kingdoms is a new interactive entertainment experience.

"Working with Microsoft allows us to do something really new and awesome from our perspective, and from gamers' perspective I think they'll have a very different experience with Kingdoms."

Yerli added: "We're looking at new challenges for the company and thinking about what experiences and types of games people may want to play. Whatever it is, we will try to do. The genre may not even exist yet for that matter, so what we're keen on is games that offer new experiences for every moment the gamer plays. This has been at the core of the evolution of new IPs at all of our studios."

Yerli told us in August last year that Kingdoms was around 20 percent complete and that it'll be "nothing like" God of War, while a Crytek Budapest job advert for a senior game designer on the Kingdoms team says applicants will need to "love accessible combat systems that empower players to do awesome actions".

While he wouldn't comment on the nature of the game, Yerli told us that the developer wants Kingdoms to max out Xbox 360's capabilities.

"... I think when we put Crysis 2 out we will show a level that is, multiplatform-wise, maxing out, but we will look into with Microsoft how Kingdoms can push the Xbox 360 110 percent, to its limits.

"When you're spending a multimillion budget only on the Xbox 360, that team will be able to crank out the last two or three percent left in the console. But I think that two or three percent will make the difference potentially between day and night that you cannot afford if you go multiplatform."

Later in the interview, away from the subject of Kingdoms, Yerli told us: "Kinect games are currently very casual, mainstream focused and designed to expand the market, but within two or three years it may be that Kinect plays home to triple-A productions."

Like Kingdoms?

"I don't know," Yerli said with a laugh. "Maybe, maybe not."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=283929
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits'   Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits' I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 11:59 am

We haven't heard that one before.. Oh well I'm excited to see what the game is going to be like.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits'   Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits' I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:03 pm

Quote :
Kinect games are currently very casual, mainstream focused

Yeah like a game about aliens taking over the world wasn't mainstream.

Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits'   Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits' I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:12 pm

Pickles1337 wrote:
Quote :

Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits' 1443829230

When he said Kinect games are mainstream/casual focused, he meant it resembled those casualware/family oriented games on the Wii.

Aliens taking over the world is a generic and very shallow way of looking at most sci-fi game's storyline. For example, the storyline and universe in Mass Effect and Halo are EXTREMELY different yet they both are about fighting aliens and saving humanity.

Besides, the game has nothing to do with aliens...have you even watched the trailer?
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

PostSubject: Re: Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits'   Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits' I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:47 pm

Sovereign Alan wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:
Quote :

Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits' 1443829230

When he said Kinect games are mainstream/casual focused, he meant it resembled those casualware/family oriented games on the Wii.

Aliens taking over the world is a generic and very shallow way of looking at most sci-fi game's storyline. For example, the storyline and universe in Mass Effect and Halo are EXTREMELY different yet they both are about fighting aliens and saving humanity.

Besides, the game has nothing to do with aliens...have you even watched the trailer?

I've watched the trailer before. I just thought it was funny when they started talking about "mainstream" as if there games weren't "mainstream" to a certain group...
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits'   Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits' I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 1:15 pm

We hear about games pushing consoles to their limits all the time on all platforms, Gears 2 was supposed to be the very best the 360 could do and Killzone 2 was supposed to be the best the PS3 could do etc.

Its just hype from the developer/author of the article to get graphics whores interested.

I am interested to see more on Kingdoms though, it looks like a mash up between 300 and God of War....which can only lead to an overdose of Badass.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits'   Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits' I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 3:05 pm

I hope it looks amazing. I like being blown away.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits'   Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits' I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 5:04 pm

This game doesn't interest me at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits'   Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits' I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 5:10 pm

DukemNukem43 wrote:
They barely released info on it..
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits'   Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits' I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 11:00 am

Teckno wrote:
DukemNukem43 wrote:
They barely released info on it..

Doesn't matter, it's an Xbox exclusive. That automatically makes it a shooter and it must be attacked by the SDF.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits' 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits'   Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits' I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 11:19 am

When I first saw the trailer, it looked like a God of War knockoff. But we haven't seen much else of the game, so it could be completely different.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits'   Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits' I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 9:54 am

Need gameplay....
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

PostSubject: Re: Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits'   Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits' I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 7:54 pm

chobo500 wrote:
When I first saw the trailer, it looked like a God of War knockoff. But we haven't seen much else of the game, so it could be completely different.

I didn't see any monsters or Cinemax sex scenes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits'   Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crytek: Xbox-exclusive Kingdoms will push 360 'to its limits'
Page 1 of 1