Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nintendo Turns Down Binding of Isaac on 3DS

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Nintendo Turns Down Binding of Isaac on 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Nintendo Turns Down Binding of Isaac on 3DS   Nintendo Turns Down Binding of Isaac on 3DS I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:39 am

Nintendo Turns Down Binding of Isaac on 3DS 32810

Quote :
Nintendo has refused to release The Binding of Isaac on the 3DS eShop.

Edmund McMillen, the designer of the game and Super Meat Boy, said on Twitter, "After a long internal debate Nintendo has decided NOT to allow the Binding of Isaac on the 3ds."

He went on to clarify why it was blocked by Nintendo in a subsequent tweet: "As many assumed the reasons were due to the games "questionable religious content". Thank GOD Steam exists!"

He went on to praise Valve's digital distribution service Steam: "Just one of many reasons why Steam is the top dog of digital distribution.

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/121/1219652p1.html
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Turns Down Binding of Isaac on 3DS   Nintendo Turns Down Binding of Isaac on 3DS I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:11 am

I've not seen any footage of this game, only screens. Is it really that good?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Nintendo Turns Down Binding of Isaac on 3DS R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Turns Down Binding of Isaac on 3DS   Nintendo Turns Down Binding of Isaac on 3DS I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:42 am

So... basically Nintendo turned it down because it's based on a Bible story? After all the fantasy games they release.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Turns Down Binding of Isaac on 3DS   Nintendo Turns Down Binding of Isaac on 3DS I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:46 am

And yet they allowed Devil Survivor games to be released on the DS and 3DS. Love their consistency!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Nintendo Turns Down Binding of Isaac on 3DS R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Turns Down Binding of Isaac on 3DS   Nintendo Turns Down Binding of Isaac on 3DS I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:14 am

Looks like this is going to be released on Sony platforms as well.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/01/team-meat-looking-towards-sony-platforms-for-the-binding-of-issac/
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Turns Down Binding of Isaac on 3DS   Nintendo Turns Down Binding of Isaac on 3DS I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:47 pm

I'm confused, what's in the game that makes it so controversial?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Turns Down Binding of Isaac on 3DS   Nintendo Turns Down Binding of Isaac on 3DS I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Turns Down Binding of Isaac on 3DS
Page 1 of 1