Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

New details on The Last of Us

Go down 
+4
Chobo
Jack the Spectre
RamboOnRedBull
Mecha
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

New details on The Last of Us R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

New details on The Last of Us Empty
PostSubject: New details on The Last of Us   New details on The Last of Us I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 8:57 am

New details on The Last of Us The_last_of_us

Quote :
The first details on The Last of Us’s story and gameplay have emerged from the latest Game Informer, as has confirmation there’ll be some sort of online mode.

The game is set in a world killed by a human fungus outbreak 20 years ago, as shown in the debut trailer

The main playable character is Joel, a weapons and drugs smuggler. The young girl, Ellie, is living in a boarding house in a military quarantine zone (QZ), and is fascinated by items, such as CDs and books, from the old world before the fungus outbreak.

Anyone spotted with any sign of the fungal infection in a QZ is executed on the spot.

Joel removes Ellie from her camp as a favour for a dying friend. Their relationship is apparently inspired by movies such as True Grit or Road to Perdition, and by that between Nathan Drake and Tenzen in Uncharted 2.

The presentation mainly focussed on human enemies, not the infected species shown in the trailer, because it’s “the focus of the game,” according to Naughty Dog co-president Evan Wells. The infected do seem to be teased at the end of the demo, according to the magazine.

Online support confirmed by Naughty Dog

Naughty Dog confirmed to GI that the game will have some sort of online functionality. What that is remains to be seen.

“We’re going to have some sort of online component,” said director Bruce Straley. “We’re working on a bunch of ideas, but we haven’t nailed anything down. We definitely know it’s going to be awesome.”

It may be a new IP for the studio, but in case the unthinkable happens, the story will be its own thing, meaning no cliffhangers for one.

“The story is self-contained. The story stands on its own,” said creative director Neil Druckmann. “We don’t end on a cliffhanger. The characters and the journey they go through ends with this story.”

The magazine mentioned a late 2012 release in its preview rather than the previously-said late 2012 or early 2013 date, although Sony has come out and said the detail is speculation on GI’s part.

More details on GAF

http://www.vg247.com/2012/02/06/the-last-of-us-details-spill-from-gi-first-story-info-online-confirmed/
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

New details on The Last of Us Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: New details on The Last of Us   New details on The Last of Us I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 9:15 am

Crash Bandicoot

Jak and Daxter

Uncharted

The Last of Us

Call me a fanboy if you want, but it seems like every ND game turns out to be fucking awesome!
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New details on The Last of Us XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: New details on The Last of Us   New details on The Last of Us I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 1:03 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Crash Bandicoot

Jak and Daxter

Uncharted

The Last of Us

Call me a fanboy if you want, but it seems like every ND game turns out to be fucking awesome!
Except for Crash Bandicoot . . .
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: New details on The Last of Us   New details on The Last of Us I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 1:09 pm

Well, that would be your own opinion, and a very bad one at that.

I, for one, enjoyed the old Crash Bandicoot games, way more than I ever did with most games this generation, and I know I'm not the only one who wants the franchise to return to its old roots.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: New details on The Last of Us   New details on The Last of Us I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 1:38 pm

Yeah I never liked Crash or even Spyro for that matter.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: New details on The Last of Us   New details on The Last of Us I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 1:44 pm

I think I would rather play Haze than ever even touching Spyro again. New details on The Last of Us 725796345
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: New details on The Last of Us   New details on The Last of Us I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 2:28 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
I think I would rather play Haze than ever even touching Spyro again. New details on The Last of Us 528803
I feel the same way about both Crash and Spyro.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: New details on The Last of Us   New details on The Last of Us I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 2:39 pm

While I understand your dislike towards Spyro, I don't quite get what you didn't enjoy about the old Crash Bandicoot games.

Just a matter of preference, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

New details on The Last of Us 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: New details on The Last of Us   New details on The Last of Us I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 2:48 pm

When Universal took over crash and spyro, it all went down hill.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: New details on The Last of Us   New details on The Last of Us I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 4:15 pm

Hell yes!!

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Crash Bandicoot

Jak and Daxter

Uncharted

The Last of Us

:megusta: :megusta: I like the way you think.

TheCinemaJack wrote:

Dude, the first 3 Spyro games on the PS1 are fucking amazing. GTFO
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: New details on The Last of Us   New details on The Last of Us I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 4:23 pm

I only ever liked the first Spyro game. But then again, I never played the 2nd or 3rd one.

Though, the new ones are just sooo fucking mediocre.
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: New details on The Last of Us   New details on The Last of Us I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 4:23 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Hmmm.. I wonder why.... :derp:
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: New details on The Last of Us   New details on The Last of Us I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 4:24 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
I only ever liked the first Spyro game. But then again, I never played the 2nd or 3rd one.

agreed. Spyro died to me when Insomniac stopped making them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: New details on The Last of Us   New details on The Last of Us I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 6:00 pm

Duke wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:

Dude, the first 3 Spyro games on the PS1 are fucking amazing. GTFO
You enjoy them is proof that they suck.

Duke wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

agreed. Spyro died to me when Insomniac stopped making them.
I heard the new Spyro reboot was quite good.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: New details on The Last of Us   New details on The Last of Us I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 7:08 pm

Spyro was boaws and TRF and Rambo are faggots.

Anyways, I'm really excited for this IP. Everytime I play UC3 and see the trailer for it via UCTV, I watch it even though I've watched it 2943304 times before.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: New details on The Last of Us   New details on The Last of Us I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 4:36 am

Ive never played Crash or Spyro.

Wanna fight about it?

I suspect this game will be the Uncharted 2 of its year, aka winning everything then hipsters will lash out against it for doing so.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: New details on The Last of Us   New details on The Last of Us I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:31 am

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:
I suspect this game will be the Uncharted 2 of its year, aka winning everything then hipsters will lash out against it for doing so.
*cough*Alan*cough*
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: New details on The Last of Us   New details on The Last of Us I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 10:00 am

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Sexton Hardcastle wrote:
*cough*Alan*cough*

*couh*ikr*cough*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New details on The Last of Us   New details on The Last of Us I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New details on The Last of Us
Page 1 of 1