Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details

Go down 
+3
Franko
Mecha
The_Biotic_God
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details Empty
PostSubject: Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details   Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 4:31 pm

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-02-killzone-3-patch-1-12-detailed

Quote :
Guerrilla Games has announced the changes patch 1.12 will bring to PlayStation 3 exclusive shooter Killzone 3.

Guerrilla has made changes to the weapons, multiplayer matches and interface. Oh, and it's toned down the "overly enthusiastic death screams". YES.

Also, the Engineer has better turrets, and an option to switch off Sixaxis-only actions for players with disabilities has been added. The patch introduces several community-requested changes to Killzone 3, Guerrilla said.

The changes in full:

CAREERS:

Changed Marksman's scramble ability into an active ability - The marksman scramble ability now needs to be activated and deactivated via the d-pad, and has a cooldown period.
Increased tracking response for engineer turrets - The turn speed of turrets has been increased, allowing them to track players more easily.
Increased armor for engineer turrets (30%) - Turrets can still be destroyed by a single explosion from a grenade or missile launcher.
WEAPONS:

Improved StA-2 Battle Pistol - Detonation time for the StA-2 Battle Pistol's grenade is shorter, and the damage it deals is more severe.
MAPS:

Added realtime projector to MP15 Radec Academy - A realtime projector has been added to the theater room, projecting onto the large wall with two doors.
SOUND:

Toned down overly enthusiastic death screams - Aieeeeaaargh!
MATCHES:

Increased mission points in Warzone - There is more of an incentive to go after mission objectives now.
Doubled cooldown time on mortars - Cooldown time was increased from 30 to 60 seconds to avoid spamming the Search & Destroy mission area.
Fixed tournaments not ending as soon as one clan leaves.
Fixed clans being able to rejoin games that were already finished - Clans used these exploits to boost their game wins and climb the leaderboards.
Reduced wait time at end of the round - The wait time was brought down from 60 to 45 seconds.
Reduced pre-game wait time at end of the round - The wait time was brought down from 30 to 20 seconds.
INTERFACE:

Added menu option to disable Sixaxis-only actions - Sixaxis-only actions can now be switched off in the menu, so players only have to press 'O' to start an action. This will make Killzone 3 more accessible to disabled players.
Added map name to spawn screen - The map name can be seen in the top left, under the titles.
Patch 1.12 goes live on Tuesday, 6th September.

Killzone 3 was my favorite shooter this year so far.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details   Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 4:32 pm

I think I'll just stick with Killzone 2.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details   Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Mecha wrote:
I think I'll just stick with Killzone 2.

Killzone 2 doesn't have nearly as much variety..Plus KZ2 community is nearly dead...
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details   Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 5:12 pm

Dude your the only one who still plays KZ3. Do you like the bots or something?
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details   Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 5:21 pm

Franko wrote:
Dude your the only one who still plays KZ3. Do you like the bots or something?

No? I always get into full Warzone/Operation matches...
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details   Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 5:24 pm

Mainly I like Killzone 2 better because it was more tactical. Where as in Killzone 3 it's more casual friendly. I don't play Killzone just to run and gun, I play it to help my team win. Actual team work. Also you may hate me for this, but I like the controllers in Killzone 2 better.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details   Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 5:31 pm

KZ3 has teamwork. That's exactly why I play it more than any shooter right now. In fact KZ3's new ranking system actually encourages you to assist teammates and go for objectives. No one just runs & guns in KZ3. And the controller lag in KZ2 was absolutely ridiculous. 150 ms of lag....That's hardly even playable....The average FPS game is 100 ms...And KZ3 is about 116 ms. I think they found a good balance between making the controls feel heavy and responsive at the same time. Like, I don't think KZ3 is twitchy like Halo or COD but it's definitely responsive enough.

You might prefer KZ2 more, that's fine. But don't say things that aren't true. You're trying to label KZ3 as some kind of COD clone when it's not. Besides...This thread really isn't about KZ2...It's about the upcoming patch for KZ3...And if you read it you'd know they're increasing the amount of points you get for going for the objectives in Warzone matches.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details   Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 6:23 pm

Meh might try it out again but i've never gone deep into KZ3's multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details   Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 6:28 pm

Meh I stopped playing KZ3 after 2 months of release. I don't know why but MP never interest me, not even if they are PS3 exclusives. I just get bored, the same thing happens when I play games on the 360.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details   Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 6:56 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Meh I stopped playing KZ3 after 2 months of release. I don't know why but MP never interest me, not even if they are PS3 exclusives. I just get bored, the same thing happens when I play games on the 360.

It really shouldn't matter if a game is exclusive or not. Exclusivity doesn't determine quality. Game budget and talent does.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details   Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 8:51 pm

Alanski wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

It really shouldn't matter if a game is exclusive or not. Exclusivity doesn't determine quality. Game budget and talent does.
I should have explained it better. I meant that it doesn't matter if it's multi-plat or exclusive, and that i just get bored with the game it self along with the multiplayer portion of it.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details   Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 9:36 pm

stopped playing KZ3 multiplayer in March. It just bored me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details   Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 12:25 pm

I would have still been playing Killzone 3 if it werent for the fact of every fucking player going a sniper and arming themselves with a shotgun, then proceeding to hide around every single corner.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details   Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 12:49 pm

Reaper wrote:
I would have still been playing Killzone 3 if it werent for the fact of every fucking player going a sniper and arming themselves with a shotgun, then proceeding to hide around every single corner.

Snipers can't have shotguns as a secondary. They have the option of having a shotgun pistol...But seriously that shit is so weak...2-3 shots to kill at point blank..And considering that there is only 3 shots to a clip you'll be screwed if there is more than one enemy you are trying to defend yourself from.
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details   Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 11:06 pm

GG sold out on the KZ2 Fans and wanted more sales.

Too bad it sold less then KZ2 did.

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details   Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 12:14 am

lol I've never seen Alan defend a PS3 exclusive this much. Razz

Franko wrote:
Too bad it sold less then KZ2 did.
Are you talking about launch sales or lifetime sales? 'Cuz Killzone 2 has kinda been out for over two years and Killzone 3 has only been out for half a year . . .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details   Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Killzone 3 patch 1.12 details
Page 1 of 1