Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This is now a spiderman thread

Go down 
+2
Based Sonji
Mecha
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

This is now a spiderman thread Empty
PostSubject: This is now a spiderman thread   This is now a spiderman thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 9:53 am

TSIA
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

This is now a spiderman thread R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: This is now a spiderman thread   This is now a spiderman thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 10:11 am

Dragon Ball started in the 80's, not late 90's or early 2000's. And it was already popular when it came out. Putting Dragon Ball next to Naruto and Bleach is an insult. Also, I highly disagree with you about the lack of depth of characters.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: This is now a spiderman thread   This is now a spiderman thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 10:17 am

Mecha wrote:
Dragon Ball started in the 80's, not late 90's or early 2000's. And it was already popular when it came out. Putting Dragon Ball next to Naruto and Bleach is an insult. Also, I highly disagree with you about the lack of depth of characters.
I was mainly talking about dragon ball Z. Honestly there is barely any difference between bleach, naruto and dragon ball z. All protagonists feel the same in a sense that they feel like average persons with humor but when its serious time they suddenly switch into uber serious badass mode. There is more to badassness than who has the biggest muscles.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: This is now a spiderman thread   This is now a spiderman thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 10:32 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Mecha wrote:
I was mainly talking about dragon ball Z. Honestly there is barely any difference between bleach, naruto and dragon ball z. All protagonists feel the same in a sense that they feel like average persons with humor but when its serious time they suddenly switch into uber serious badass mode. There is more to badassness than who has the biggest muscles.

Wrong again. Dragon Ball Z started in the 80's as well. And ended in 1995. Also Naruto and Bleach were inspired by Dragon Ball (the franchise as a whole). That's way they all seem similar. Plus, Son Goku acting uber badass in serious moments is an exaggerating. Son Goku still shows humor even in battles. He only gets uber serious when his friends and family are in danger.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: This is now a spiderman thread   This is now a spiderman thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 10:38 am

Mecha wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Wrong again. Dragon Ball Z started in the 80's as well. And ended in 1995. Also Naruto and Bleach were inspired by Dragon Ball (the franchise as a whole). That's way they all seem similar. Plus, Son Goku acting uber badass in serious moments is an exaggerating. Son Goku still shows humor even in battles. He only gets uber serious when his friends and family are in danger.
Still proves my point that theres barely any difference in quality when it comes between dragonball and naruto.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: This is now a spiderman thread   This is now a spiderman thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 10:48 am

Okay, not liking Dragon Ball is one thing, but saying it's just as bad as Naruto? Seriously? This is now a spiderman thread 1443829230

Naruto is nowhere near the quality as Dragon Ball is.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: This is now a spiderman thread   This is now a spiderman thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 10:51 am

Mecha wrote:
Okay, not liking Dragon Ball is one thing, but saying it's just as bad as Naruto? Seriously? This is now a spiderman thread 1443829230

Naruto is nowhere near the quality as Dragon Ball is.

Then give me a reason what makes dragon ball unique compared to naruto?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: This is now a spiderman thread   This is now a spiderman thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:14 am

It's not about what makes Dragon Ball unique. It's about what makes those wannabe shows fail at what Dragon Ball does. Naruto comes off as a Son Goku wannabe. The story is repetitive, has more fillers than any other anime out there, and the characters are very shallow. Dragon Ball on the other hand has a better story, better characters, better humor, better action, and so on. Yeah, this is all my opinion, but the majority will agree.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: This is now a spiderman thread   This is now a spiderman thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:27 am

Mecha wrote:
It's not about what makes Dragon Ball unique. It's about what makes those wannabe shows fail at what Dragon Ball does. Naruto comes off as a Son Goku wannabe. The story is repetitive, has more fillers than any other anime out there, and the characters are very shallow. Dragon Ball on the other hand has a better story, better characters, better humor, better action, and so on. Yeah, this is all my opinion, but the majority will agree.
No it is about the uniqueness. I admire dragonball for starting the shõnen genre but it would've been way better if they didn't milk it out and just stopped at a certain moment. Dragon ball barely changes every seasons and just keeps the same tropes. The characters are just as shallow in dragonball. You got goku the stereotypical 1 dimensional superman like protagonist that you should like because he helps people for no other reason besides helping, vegeta the derp look how badass i am because i'm an anti hero. And as for the story its mostly like "train~defeat bad guy~new bad guy appears, kicks some serious butt!!~main characters go find new techniques to beat him~beat him~new bad guy appears".

Not saying the dragon ball series are bad. But its just overrated to fucking death due to people suffering from nostalgic bitch disorder. I will take DBZ over naruto anyday because naruto is just a carbon copy of dragon ball with ninja's but overall there isn't really any difference between them. I only liked DBZ.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: This is now a spiderman thread   This is now a spiderman thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:56 am

Mecha wrote:

Naruto has more fillers than any anime out there? Lol, yeah right.

I wouldn't call the characters shallow. They all have their own thing to them. Naruto is the dumbass/funny protagonist, Sasuke is the mysterious badass, Jiraiya is the comedic relief, etc.

Also, calling Naruto a failure in itself is an insult. Naruto is one of the longest running mangas of all time (2nd behind One Piece, I believe) and has one of, if not THE largest anime/manga fan base.

I wouldn't exactly call the action better. Naruto actually involves some sort of strategy in defeating enemies. Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z are all about "holy fuck I'm about to lose / BETTER BECOME JESUS LOLOLOLOL".

Naruto is actually a rather deep story. Each character has their own in-depth backstory. Hell, there could be a Jiraiya or a Sasuke manga.

You do realize that the Dragon Ball franchise is one of the most redundant manga/anime franchises ever, right? Every arc is practically a carbon copy of the last one save for like two.

The greatest, longest running, most original manga/anime franchise out of the three (Dragon Ball, Naruto, Bleach) is One Piece. Most original premise, story, characters, art, etc.

Last edited by Greg Jennings on Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: This is now a spiderman thread   This is now a spiderman thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:57 am

@Toxic

Milked? Naruto has way more episodes and volumes than Dragon Ball. And no, the characters are not as shallow as in Naruto. I know that's your opinion, but it's a really weak opinion. It's like comparing Micheal Jackson to Justin Bieber.

If anything, Superman is more 1 dimensional compared Son Goku. We all like Son Goku because he's a Superman rip-off that saves people? Do you even watch the show? Because you are way off. And again with the exaggerating of how the story goes. Half the time the Z-Fighters get their asses kicked and killed. So they don't win all the time.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: This is now a spiderman thread   This is now a spiderman thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:01 pm

Mecha wrote:
@Toxic

Milked? Naruto has way more episodes and volumes than Dragon Ball. And no, the characters are not as shallow as in Naruto. I know that's your opinion, but it's a really weak opinion. It's like comparing Micheal Jackson to Justin Bieber.

If anything, Superman is more 1 dimensional compared Son Goku. We all like Son Goku because he's a Superman rip-off that saves people? Do you even watch the show? Because you are way off. And again with the exaggerating of how the story goes. Half the time the Z-Fighters get their asses kicked and killed. So they don't win all the time.
Atleast i give examples to back up my opinion. >_> Atleast provide me with some damn examples instead of acting like a little kid saying "ur wrong, ur in denial, u don't know shit BAAAAWWWW"

Last edited by Toxicmaniac on Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: This is now a spiderman thread   This is now a spiderman thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:02 pm

I agree with everything Mecha said in this thread thus far.

Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: This is now a spiderman thread   This is now a spiderman thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:10 pm

Eh, I used to hate anime but now my friend has gotten me into it.I like it for the change of pace from western stuff.Even the cliche overused archtype anime stories are entertaining to me because I never really watched anime much before.

LOL i watched the first like 10 minute of elfenlied and thought it was disturbing as hell.Seemed cruel too.Naked chick wearing a mask literally murdering people in gory ways.even beheaded a innocent secretary us used her body as a bullet shield.I was like "wtf?".I guess you call it original but i prefer to call it cold and cruel.

One thing with me is that i tend to stay away from Naruto, Dragon ball Z ect.They seem boring and really dont offer what i look for in anime.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: This is now a spiderman thread   This is now a spiderman thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:18 pm

@Toxic

No, what you're doing is shoving your opinions down our throats. Sure, I'm guilty of doing the same. But I'm only saying Naruto isn't as good as Dragon Ball by comparison. I respect your opinions for the most put, but saying Dragon Ball and Naruto are the same in quality? Come on.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: This is now a spiderman thread   This is now a spiderman thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:23 pm

Mecha wrote:
@Toxic

No, what you're doing is shoving your opinions down our throats. Sure, I'm guilty of doing the same. But I'm only saying Naruto isn't as good as Dragon Ball by comparison. I respect your opinions for the most put, but saying Dragon Ball and Naruto are the same in quality? Come on.
I shove my opinion, you shove yours. That is the point of a fucking rant. I don't see the problem in that.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: This is now a spiderman thread   This is now a spiderman thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:26 pm

What CC is saying: We can all have opinions, but your opinion is retarded.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: This is now a spiderman thread   This is now a spiderman thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:26 pm

"holy fuck I'm about to lose / BETTER BECOME JESUS LOLOLOLOL".

I lol'ed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: This is now a spiderman thread   This is now a spiderman thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:31 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Mecha wrote:
@Toxic

I shove my opinion, you shove yours. That is the point of a fucking rant. I don't see the problem in that.

Then why are you being insulting? Telling me that I'm acting like a kid and stuff. If you can't stand the heat then you better stay out the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: This is now a spiderman thread   This is now a spiderman thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:34 pm

Mecha wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Mecha wrote:
@Toxic

Then why are you being insulting? Telling me that I'm acting like a kid and stuff. If you can't stand the heat then you better stay out the kitchen.
Because you are acting like a kid. I'm not insulting i'm simply telling you that if you want to counter my arguments you need to say more than me being wrong. You need to give examples.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: This is now a spiderman thread   This is now a spiderman thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:38 pm

Children, children, this is off topic. If you want to debate whether Naruto or DBZ is better, make a thread for it. If you want to debate who's opinion has more ground, just get the fuck out of the internet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: This is now a spiderman thread   This is now a spiderman thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:41 pm

Teckno has a point. This rant was originally for the state of modern anime and how everything is becoming moe/slice of life kind of a genre. Not which Shõnen is the least shit. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: This is now a spiderman thread   This is now a spiderman thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:55 pm

I did give examples. You said and I quote " All protagonists feel the same in a sense that they feel like average persons with humor but when its serious time they suddenly switch into uber serious badass mode. There is more to badassness than who has the biggest muscles." I told you that's not entirely true. Son Goku still shows humor even when he's battling his enemies. He only gets serious when his friends and family are in danger as I already stated before. I was trying to tell you how different Dragon Ball is from your first statement. Then you turn this around by basically saying their both just as good. So what happen with what you said on your first statement? Sounds to me like you're just exaggerating the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: This is now a spiderman thread   This is now a spiderman thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:58 pm

Teckno wrote:
"holy fuck I'm about to lose / BETTER BECOME JESUS LOLOLOLOL".

I lol'ed.
Lmao same
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: This is now a spiderman thread   This is now a spiderman thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 1:08 pm

Mecha wrote:
I did give examples. You said and I quote " All protagonists feel the same in a sense that they feel like average persons with humor but when its serious time they suddenly switch into uber serious badass mode. There is more to badassness than who has the biggest muscles." I told you that's not entirely true. Son Goku still shows humor even when he's battling his enemies. He only gets serious when his friends and family are in danger as I already stated before. I was trying to tell you how different Dragon Ball is from your first statement. Then you turn this around by basically saying their both just as good. So what happen with what you said on your first statement? Sounds to me like you're just exaggerating the whole thing.
Uhm i've always said both had the same quality. I didn't turn around shit. Your counter argument about him being humorous during battles doesn't disprove the fact that hes a shallow characters. You're just taking my point to literally and try to nitpick it. Ofcourse goku shows some humor in his battles but how is that relevant of him not being stereotypical and 1 dimensional? How does that make his personality any better than naruto?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is now a spiderman thread   This is now a spiderman thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is now a spiderman thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next