Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Microsoft getting rid of MS points

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

Microsoft getting rid of MS points Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft getting rid of MS points   Microsoft getting rid of MS points I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 3:05 am

http://kotaku.com/5878676/rumor-microsoft-killing-microsoft-points-will-use-real-money-instead

Quote :
Good news, haters of arbitrary online currencies! The end for Microsoft's confusing "Points" system may be near, if a report on Inside Mobile Apps is to be believed.

The mobile site claims that Microsoft's Points will be "phased out" by the end of 2012, with transactions to be listed in a user's local currency instead.

The move wouldn't just impact Xbox Live, it would affect the Zune Marketplace and Windows Phone users as well.

One has to wonder, given the timing of the (potential and unconfirmed) move, whether the spate of Xbox Live account break-ins is behind the change.

We've contacted Microsoft for comment, and will update if we hear back.

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Microsoft getting rid of MS points XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft getting rid of MS points   Microsoft getting rid of MS points I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 7:06 am

They said this two years ago as well. Why would they give up ways to steal money from people?
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft getting rid of MS points   Microsoft getting rid of MS points I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 9:21 am

So I'll be charged normal prices? The fact I can pick up 2100 MSP in a store for €21 mean I get things cheaper. If I were to buy 2100 MSP on XBL it would cost €24. Ah well.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft getting rid of MS points   Microsoft getting rid of MS points I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 10:25 am

As long as the way to pay keeps the same i don't really care.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft getting rid of MS points   Microsoft getting rid of MS points I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 6:42 pm

Stoney wrote:
So I'll be charged normal prices? The fact I can pick up 2100 MSP in a store for €21 mean I get things cheaper. If I were to buy 2100 MSP on XBL it would cost €24. Ah well.

Yep, buying MS points from Wallmart or Radioshack during clearance sales was the best. Sad
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft getting rid of MS points   Microsoft getting rid of MS points I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 6:49 pm

I heard it was due to the fact that many foreign countries have problems transferring their currency to MS points.

Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft getting rid of MS points   Microsoft getting rid of MS points I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:30 pm

Duke wrote:
I heard it was due to the fact that many foreign countries have problems transferring their currency to MS points.

That's the thing, on PSN, the Red Dead Undead pack was €12 whereas on XBL it was 800 MSP which does equal €12 also, but certain stores would sell the MS point cards for cheaper therefore the DLC would be cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft getting rid of MS points   Microsoft getting rid of MS points I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Microsoft getting rid of MS points
Page 1 of 1