Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine

Go down 
+3
Archduke
Hydell
Mecha
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine Empty
PostSubject: Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine   Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 11:54 am

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine Sonic-generations

Quote :
Sonic 4: Episode 1didn't quite satisfy all the fans. But with Episode 2, Sega has a chance to fix some minor issues.

According to a new GameSpot interview with Sega Digital Brand Manager Ken Balough, the company has listened to the fans and plan to implement several upgrades and changes in Sonic 4: Episode 2.

First and foremost, we get an all new graphics and physics engine. Balough said the first engine had some "bugs" so it was time to upgrade and furthermore, our good buddy Tails will actually be a playable character. You'll also be happy to know that the next episode will be closer to the old-fashioned Sonicgames on the Genesis. Maybe Sonic really is best played in the 2D format; maybe we should just leave him there. It seems to make sense, doesn't it?

While we wait for this overhauled episode, don't forget about Sonic Generations, which is a darn good effort. Fans of the iconic blue streak are finally getting some love!

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/10433.html
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine   Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 11:56 am

I am still waiting for my AAA sonic game......
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine   Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 4:12 am

Still looks shit, only Sonic fags still give a fuck about this out of touch series.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine   Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 12:00 pm

Episode 1 was dogshit. Who the fuck would care about episode 2?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine   Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 12:05 pm

Is it just me or are the controls of the newer 2D Sonic games kinda loose and not nearly as good as the Genesis ones?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine   Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 6:30 pm

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine   Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 6:44 pm

Mecha wrote:
The rebirth of Metal Sonic. :yey:
....the rebirth of tails..... :areyoufuckingk
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine   Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 6:57 pm

Duke wrote:

Episode 1 was not dogshit. It was good, but just that... Good...
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine   Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 7:04 pm

What's so bad about Tails? Tails and Knuckles are the only Sonic friends that are good. Tails has been there since the second game (he was playable in the third), and Sonic & Knuckles is one of my favorite Sonic games.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine   Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 3:45 pm

Teckno wrote:
Duke wrote:

Episode 1 was not dogshit. It was good, but just that... Good...

:what: IMO, it was terrible. Way too short and just felt like a rehash of the Old 2D sonic levels.

The gameplay was good however and so was the music.

TRF wrote:
What's so bad about Tails? Tails and Knuckles are the only Sonic friends that are good. Tails has been there since the second game (he was playable in the third), and Sonic & Knuckles is one of my favorite Sonic games.

Tails? Good character? :fuckthat:
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine   Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 3:49 pm

The levels were not rehashes. If the gameplay and the music were good then that's all that matters, smartass.

Tails is an AMAZING character.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine   Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 4:13 pm

Duke, It's pretty clear you didn't play the genesis sonic games.

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine   Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 4:21 pm

Chobo wrote:
Duke, It's pretty clear you didn't play the genesis sonic games.

Actually, I haven't. There ya go.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine   Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 5:11 pm

So you're saying the levels were-hashes even though you've never played the genesis games?

And you never knew what Tails was like During that Era?

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine   Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 8:31 pm

Back then, Tails and Knuckles didn't speak. Hell, none of them spoke IIRC. They actually had their own unique abilities that made playing the game with them a little bit different than playing with Sonic. Then Sonic invited more friends such as Big, whose special ability is . . . fishing, I guess?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine   Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Boasts A New Graphics And Physics Engine
Page 1 of 1