Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Gamestop Story

Go down 
+9
NoelX2
The_Biotic_God
yonny616
Based Sonji
Mecha
Shin_Akuma
Bluenose
Archduke
The Enkindler
13 posters
AuthorMessage
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

A Gamestop Story Empty
PostSubject: A Gamestop Story   A Gamestop Story I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 3:24 pm

Quote :
The holiday season is stressful for everyone, most of all those in retail, but there is an unwritten rule, something about treating the customer with respect and dignity- after all, without customers you won’t be in business for long. Visiting a local gaming store should have been fun and entertaining, after all it is all about games and those are fun, right? Wrong.

Upon entering my local Gamestop here in central Arkansas, I was confronted by loud customers, louder employees yelling at customers and a crowded 14 foot by 40 foot store (we got a smaller one folks). I was there to finally purchase a copy of God of War on PS2 (yes, I am LATE to the series) and I was not deterred by the crowd.

I made my way to the back of the store, thumbed through the various racks of used titles and eventually did find the box for GoW (at Gamestop, for those that don’t know, you don’t buy ANY game new in the box, they are all opened). After securing the case for my desired game from the shelf of about 12 God of War 1′s and 20+ God of War 2′s, I made my way to the register. This is where it all went downhill.

First, I was confronted by a loud employee yelling at another employee to do “line management” or something similar. Line management was apparently what they called yelling at customers to “get behind the red line.” I heard that line repeatedly, rudely and loudly over the 25 minutes I was in line waiting to check out.

After only a few minutes in line, I was rudely asked by a passing employee what game did I have, I held up the case and showed him. He mumbled something and then said loud enough for me to hear, “it will be behind the counter.” I simply smiled and patiently waited as the other employees continued to yell for “line management” and threats of not checking out customers that don’t follow the rules.

Another 10, or so, minutes pass and another employee asks me what game I had- I showed her and again was reminded that they keep all games behind the counter and that I would get it there. No problem, I simply smile and wait to the sound of more “line management” calls and hearing other customers getting upset over being rudely told to goto the back of the line.

Around 24 minutes of waiting and I am finally at the front of the line, next to be checked out. I walk up to the counter after being motioned up by a guy that obviously loved that controlling soup guy from Seinfeld a lot. Upon reaching the counter, I hand the guy the God of War case and he promptly, with a snotty attitude, tells me that they don’t have that game in stock. I mention the 10 or so cases on the shelf that say they do (you bring them the case, they put the game back in said case, you pay and leave- if it is on the shelf, they have it in stock). The employee gave me a stern look and told me that I would have to pick something else, that they don’t have that crap game in stock that I need to pick something on PS3 or 360. I told him that I don’t have those systems and that I stood in line waiting to buy GoW on PS2 and had two other employees assure me that the game was in stock.

I was told by this employee that they don’t have the game in stock and that I can leave now. I was mad, mad enough to write this post, but I left without another word. I will no longer be shopping at Gamestop, I will drive the extra 6 miles (GS is about 3 miles from my house) to Game X Change and two other smaller franchise game stores that don’t treat their customers like this.
If something like that happens to you, don't hesitate, sue these assholes at once!

http://videogamecowboys.com/archives/4957

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

A Gamestop Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Gamestop Story   A Gamestop Story I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 6:58 pm

A Gamestop Story 3089832172 😡
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

A Gamestop Story Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

A Gamestop Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Gamestop Story   A Gamestop Story I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 8:06 pm

Yea, cause every gamestop is like this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Shin_Akuma
Merchant
Merchant
Shin_Akuma

Stature : 1

A Gamestop Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Gamestop Story   A Gamestop Story I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 2:11 pm

ive never had any problems with gamestop.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

A Gamestop Story R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

A Gamestop Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Gamestop Story   A Gamestop Story I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 2:17 pm

Shin_Akuma wrote:

LOL! Good one!

A Gamestop Story A.aaa-funny-animals
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

A Gamestop Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Gamestop Story   A Gamestop Story I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 2:52 pm

Shin_Akuma wrote:
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

A Gamestop Story PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

A Gamestop Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Gamestop Story   A Gamestop Story I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 3:24 pm

The only time I had a A Gamestop Story 1443829230 moment from a GS employee is when I bought Mass Effect 2 on PS3 & they told me if I was going to also get Mass Effect 1 on PS3. Other than that, I'm in good terms with them.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

A Gamestop Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Gamestop Story   A Gamestop Story I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 4:12 pm

yonny616 wrote:
The only time I had a A Gamestop Story 1443829230 moment from a GS employee is when I bought Mass Effect 2 on PS3 & they told me if I was going to also get Mass Effect 1 on PS3. Other than that, I'm in good terms with them.

lol. or the Forza 3 PS3 advertisement..
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

A Gamestop Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Gamestop Story   A Gamestop Story I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 6:58 pm

Shin_Akuma wrote:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

A Gamestop Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Gamestop Story   A Gamestop Story I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 7:08 pm

Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

A Gamestop Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Gamestop Story   A Gamestop Story I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 7:10 pm

Lol I love that video so much. So true.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

A Gamestop Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Gamestop Story   A Gamestop Story I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 7:31 pm

I'd prefer GAME to GameStop but I've never had any problems with latter.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

A Gamestop Story PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

A Gamestop Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Gamestop Story   A Gamestop Story I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 9:49 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

lol. or the Forza 3 PS3 advertisement..
I forgot about that one. Razz
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

A Gamestop Story StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

A Gamestop Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Gamestop Story   A Gamestop Story I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 11:40 pm

I rather go to GAME or JB Hi-Fi. I hate it when EBgames/Gamestop gets exclusive editions to games.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

A Gamestop Story XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

A Gamestop Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Gamestop Story   A Gamestop Story I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 12:33 am

Yeah, I'm not too big on GameStop. The people there were always nice but they always take way too long, plus I don't like a lot of their policies when it comes to opening new games and such. They've also given away my preorder bonuses for showing up a day late to pick up the game.

Ever since a Play N Trade opened up near my house, I haven't gone back to GameStop. Sure, PNT might not have a fancy magazine subscription or preorder bonuses, but they do have a much bigger selection, including retro games, plus a lounge where you can play any game in the store (just today I played Sonic Generations and Ultimate MvC3 there), and they're always quick and efficient when it comes to checkout.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Gamestop Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Gamestop Story   A Gamestop Story I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Gamestop Story
Page 1 of 1