Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them

Go down 
+5
yonny616
Azazel
Hydell
Archduke
The Enkindler
9 posters
AuthorMessage
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them Empty
PostSubject: A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them   A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 6:52 pm

Quote :
A Tennessee man kicked off a White House petition on Thanksgiving urging the President of the United States to ban The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for "the safety of America's youths."

So far he has five backers, and only 24,994 more digital signatures to go to meet his goal.

Confused? Let me explain. The official website for the White House now includes the ability for anyone 13 or older who lives in the U.S. to start a petition about literally anything and try to garner the President's attention with it. The result has been... interesting?

While there are legitimate petitions about legitimate issues on the site, there are also plenty of out-of-left field, and downright crazy ones. Maybe even some jokes. I'm not sure where this one falls, but I'm hoping it's just a joke. Heck, maybe it's linked to the christian satire article that Luke wrote about earlier today.

Here's the full petition in all of its glory:

WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:
Immediately Ban the Deadly Videogame Known as "SkyRim" for The Safety of America's Youths.
Whereas videogaming has proven to cause social, ethical and health problems in people of all ages,

Whereas sexual perversion and homosexuality are threatening to destroy the Christian foundations on which this nation was built,

Whereas a new video game has just been created that far exceeds any others in the psychological and spiritual damage it does to teens,

We, the American people, today ask you,

1) To enact an immediate ban on the videogame known as "SkyRim" produced by Blizzard Entertainment.

2) To seize and destroy all copies already in public hands and erase its presence on the internet.

3) To prosecute the players of "SkyRim" to the fullest extent of the law.

4) To create a national database of videogame avatars and "screen names" so that teenagers can be better monitored.

Update: Turns out the petition was indeed created by the Christwire folks.
C'mon, guys, don't tell me that you're not surprised at this. eye roll
Yup, they also want to "prosecute" us for playing the game...
Oh yeah, and the game is NOT made by Blizzard.
Way to fail, Christians.

http://kotaku.com/5862623/a-half-dozen-people-petition-white-house-to-round-up-all-copies-of-skyrim-outlaw-and-burn-them

Last edited by Sheogorath on Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them   A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 6:56 pm

😡 HOW DARE THEY INSULT SKYRIM! :fuuu:
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them   A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 6:58 pm

Christians....American Christians.

Living evidence of fail people.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them   A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 7:00 pm

I have a small message for the American Christians that want to prosecute me:
A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them Jesus+Come+at+me+Bro
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them   A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 7:18 pm

Its always good to read some bullshit from religious fanatics just to see how out of touch they are with the general public while they desperately try to get more people to join their cult.
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them   A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 7:37 pm

Seems more like someone who does not have their facts straight and/or a troll, or both.

America was not founded on Christian principles as your local church would like to have you believe. Also last I checked there was no proof of ethical and ect. brought about by the playing of video games.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them   A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 8:23 pm

A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them 1443829230 A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them 1443829230 Blizzard? A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them 1443829230 A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them 1443829230
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them   A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 8:54 pm

A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them Jesus-facepalm_56311
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them   A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 10:57 pm

The reason the end of the world didn't happen is because God was to busy anticipating Skyrim. A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them 725796345
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them   A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:51 am

Whereas this is fucking hilarious
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them   A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 9:25 am

Holy shit i couldn't stop laughing at blizzard entertainment. :lolguy:
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them   A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 3:10 pm

Deus Ex Machina wrote:
Seems more like someone who does not have their facts straight and/or a troll, or both.

America was not founded on Christian principles as your local church would like to have you believe. Also last I checked there was no proof of ethical and ect. brought about by the playing of video games.

This. If memory serves me correct one of the founding points why America was formed was for religious freedom..
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them   A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 9:10 am

It was just a joke.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them   A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them
Page 1 of 1