Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony Doesn't Want To Launch PS4 After The Competition

Go down 
+2
Hydell
Mecha
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Sony Doesn't Want To Launch PS4 After The Competition R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Sony Doesn't Want To Launch PS4 After The Competition Empty
PostSubject: Sony Doesn't Want To Launch PS4 After The Competition   Sony Doesn't Want To Launch PS4 After The Competition I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 1:01 pm

Sony Doesn't Want To Launch PS4 After The Competition Ps4-game-console-design

Quote :
The PlayStation 3 didn't launch until over a year after the Xbox 360 released, which generated a sales gap the PS3 has yet to close (but according to recent sales figures, Sony has almost tracked down Microsoft in worldwide numbers).

It just isn't something Sony wants to do twice. In speaking to Eurogamer TV, PlayStation Europe boss Jim Ryan said it would be "undesirable" for the next PlayStation to repeat that cycle. During a press event for the PlayStation Vita in London, Ryan said:

"I think we would consider it undesirable to be significantly later than the competition [with the next PlayStation]."

Well, that begs the question then: if the new Xbox is indeed set to launch at the end of 2012 - as some rumors want us to believe - does that mean Sony is prepared to be in step with the proceedings? I.e., to have the PlayStation 4 ready to release alongside Microsoft's console? The Wii U comes out next year, but Sony has repeatedly said they don't consider Nintendo to be their competition.

Ryan did add that Sony has "a lot of unfinished business on PS3," and part of that "business" will be to lower the price in the future:

"If you look at PlayStation 2, now in excess of 150m units installed globally, a huge majority of that was done at price points of £120 or lower. [With PS3] we've only just hit £199 in the UK, so clearly there's a considerable untapped part of the market there."

With all this talk of the new generation, we have to remember that the PS2 went strong for several years after the PS3 launched. In fact, the PS2 really did have the 10-year lifespan the PS3 has been reported to have...Sony just launched a new system in between.

And they'll probably do that again, too.

Source: PSX

Last edited by Mecha on Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Sony Doesn't Want To Launch PS4 After The Competition   Sony Doesn't Want To Launch PS4 After The Competition I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Hmm...launch later and risk being behind most of the Gen. Or launch at the same tim and possibly have bugs and hardware issues.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Sony Doesn't Want To Launch PS4 After The Competition   Sony Doesn't Want To Launch PS4 After The Competition I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 1:29 pm

Reaper wrote:
Hmm...launch later and risk being behind most of the Gen. Or launch at the same tim and possibly have bugs and hardware issues.

I don't see why it has to be either or. They could release early with a quality hardware console.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Sony Doesn't Want To Launch PS4 After The Competition   Sony Doesn't Want To Launch PS4 After The Competition I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 1:57 pm

Yea I don't see how releasing a console earlier than your competitors would mean shit quality.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Sony Doesn't Want To Launch PS4 After The Competition   Sony Doesn't Want To Launch PS4 After The Competition I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 2:08 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Yea I don't see how releasing a console earlier than your competitors would mean shit quality.
*Points at YLOD*
I certainly wouldn't want the PS4 to suffer from the same issue his older brother did.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Sony Doesn't Want To Launch PS4 After The Competition   Sony Doesn't Want To Launch PS4 After The Competition I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 4:15 pm

I'm not saying it definately would...but the way its worded it looks as though Sony are wanting to launch earlier than planned so they don't get left behind again. Usually when you do this you have to make sacrifices in areas like testing and QA.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Sony Doesn't Want To Launch PS4 After The Competition   Sony Doesn't Want To Launch PS4 After The Competition I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 4:28 pm

Or maybe. They should make sure they have a smoother launch. Make it affordable and make sure there are not as many shortages.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Sony Doesn't Want To Launch PS4 After The Competition   Sony Doesn't Want To Launch PS4 After The Competition I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 10:56 am

PS4 needs to have a good launch. This is very important to Sony, so they don't lose as much money as they did with PS3 launch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony Doesn't Want To Launch PS4 After The Competition   Sony Doesn't Want To Launch PS4 After The Competition I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony Doesn't Want To Launch PS4 After The Competition
Page 1 of 1