Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rumour - Two different Xbox 720 SKUs planned

Go down 
+2
Bluenose
RamboOnRedBull
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Rumour - Two different Xbox 720 SKUs planned Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Rumour - Two different Xbox 720 SKUs planned Empty
PostSubject: Rumour - Two different Xbox 720 SKUs planned   Rumour - Two different Xbox 720 SKUs planned I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 11:56 am

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/327304/two-xbox-720-models-reportedly-planned/

This could potentially be a very smart idea on MS's behalf, if it actually becomes true.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Rumour - Two different Xbox 720 SKUs planned   Rumour - Two different Xbox 720 SKUs planned I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 12:10 pm

The mere fact that Microsoft is going take to create a cheaper version of the console foreshadows the new gen consoles are going to be extremely high priced.

I like the idea though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Rumour - Two different Xbox 720 SKUs planned   Rumour - Two different Xbox 720 SKUs planned I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 12:26 pm

Surely MS would learn from Sony's mistake of having a highly priced console though?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rumour - Two different Xbox 720 SKUs planned   Rumour - Two different Xbox 720 SKUs planned I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 12:57 pm

I think its a great way to balance the audiences of both casual and hardcore, unlike right now were microsoft is only focussing on kinect. I'd like to see the prices tho.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Rumour - Two different Xbox 720 SKUs planned   Rumour - Two different Xbox 720 SKUs planned I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 10:52 am

Depends on how much they price the console at launch. They could have a similar PS3-launch fiasco if priced too high.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Rumour - Two different Xbox 720 SKUs planned   Rumour - Two different Xbox 720 SKUs planned I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 12:45 pm

Hopefully this means they will have a balance of games for hardcore and casual...instead of this gen where after kinect came out there was a period of fuck all games for hardcore gamers until like Gears 3.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Rumour - Two different Xbox 720 SKUs planned   Rumour - Two different Xbox 720 SKUs planned I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 8:49 pm

I really hope that doesn't mean the cheaper version won't come with a HDD.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Rumour - Two different Xbox 720 SKUs planned   Rumour - Two different Xbox 720 SKUs planned I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 9:17 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
I really hope that doesn't mean the cheaper version won't come with a HDD.

100x this. Hopefully they don't gimp developers with an HDDless SKU.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumour - Two different Xbox 720 SKUs planned   Rumour - Two different Xbox 720 SKUs planned I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rumour - Two different Xbox 720 SKUs planned
Page 1 of 1