Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Decade of Halo

Go down 
+6
Archduke
Shin_Akuma
Gutzahn
Hydell
Chobo
Mecha
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

The Decade of Halo R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

The Decade of Halo Empty
PostSubject: The Decade of Halo   The Decade of Halo I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 1:56 pm

Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

The Decade of Halo 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

The Decade of Halo Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Decade of Halo   The Decade of Halo I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 2:15 pm

that's basically my opinion of all the Halo games in a nut shell.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Decade of Halo Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Decade of Halo   The Decade of Halo I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 2:25 pm

I kinda hoped it would be a non trolling video.....
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

The Decade of Halo Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Decade of Halo   The Decade of Halo I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 2:37 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:

It's not a trolling video. This is just showing how the community is depicted.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Decade of Halo Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Decade of Halo   The Decade of Halo I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 2:57 pm

Mecha wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

Thats not how the community is depicted. Thats a stereotype in fact most people love all halo games besides ODST.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

The Decade of Halo Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Decade of Halo   The Decade of Halo I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 3:08 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

Thats not how the community is depicted. Thats a stereotype in fact most people love all halo games besides ODST.

Of course it's a stereotype. That's the point. I didn't mean that the whole community was like this.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Decade of Halo Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Decade of Halo   The Decade of Halo I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 3:19 pm

Mecha wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

Of course it's a stereotype. That's the point. I didn't mean that the whole community was like this.
So the video is trolling.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

The Decade of Halo Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Decade of Halo   The Decade of Halo I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 3:27 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

So the video is trolling.

You kinda make it sound negative.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

The Decade of Halo Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Decade of Halo   The Decade of Halo I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 5:05 pm

Its my understanding that the Halo fanbase actually likes pretty much all the Halo games?
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

The Decade of Halo Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Decade of Halo   The Decade of Halo I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 5:54 pm

Never understood the hate for odst. Halo game like the others ... played through it with a friend.
WE had fun.
Halo 3, Reach , Odst played through all of them with my friend, and we liked all three.
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Merchant
Merchant
Shin_Akuma

Stature : 1

The Decade of Halo Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Decade of Halo   The Decade of Halo I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 6:39 pm

the decade of oversimplified health regen fps games
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

The Decade of Halo Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Decade of Halo   The Decade of Halo I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:36 pm

roflmao.

ODST sucks ass by the way..
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

The Decade of Halo Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Decade of Halo   The Decade of Halo I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:09 pm

I take it you've played it then Duke?

Somehow i doubt it...
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

The Decade of Halo Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Decade of Halo   The Decade of Halo I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:12 pm

Reaper wrote:
I take it you've played it then Duke?

Somehow i doubt it...

yup. It was terrible.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

The Decade of Halo Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Decade of Halo   The Decade of Halo I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:24 pm

Can you actually tell us why i was terible instead of...once again...leaving a 4 word spam post?
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

The Decade of Halo Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Decade of Halo   The Decade of Halo I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:46 pm

Reaper wrote:
Can you actually tell us why i was terible instead of...once again...leaving a 4 word spam post?

For starters, they sell you a disc with Halo 3 MP, containing all the maps and DLC maps. This is stupid, since the average gamer who already paid for the Halo 3 DLC maps will not know what to do with it and will look like an idiots for paying that extra money to buy the DLC. Next is the campaign. The campaign is roughly 4-6 hours in length. It takes place between the events of Halo 3 and Halo 2. The campaign can be beaten in 4 hours and is just plain boring. This campaign is just too barren. Sure, there are a few parts that are cool, like the flashback sequences and the part where you fight this giant boss. But other than that, it fucking sucked. The only good thing about this game is the introduction of firefight. Problem is, there is no fucking matchmaking for firefight. This is very disappointing. How the hell can I play firefight online when none of my friends want to play the game with me? The graphics are ok, typical Halo 3 graphics.

This game was supposed to be a DLC/expansion for Halo 3. BUT NO, Microsoft had to make it a full $60 release, which made all the Halo fanboys cum their pants. What the hell I am supposed to do with this game if I already beat the mediocre campaign and none of my friends has the game to play with me in firefight mode? What if I already have Halo 3?

/donerambling.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

The Decade of Halo Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Decade of Halo   The Decade of Halo I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 12:04 am

Finally Duke...a post from you that takes more than a nanosecond to glance over. Proud of ya. Now if you could just do that full time please.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Decade of Halo Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Decade of Halo   The Decade of Halo I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 4:32 am

Duke wrote:
Reaper wrote:

For starters, they sell you a disc with Halo 3 MP, containing all the maps and DLC maps. This is stupid, since the average gamer who already paid for the Halo 3 DLC maps will not know what to do with it and will look like an idiots for paying that extra money to buy the DLC. Next is the campaign. The campaign is roughly 4-6 hours in length. It takes place between the events of Halo 3 and Halo 2. The campaign can be beaten in 4 hours and is just plain boring. This campaign is just too barren. Sure, there are a few parts that are cool, like the flashback sequences and the part where you fight this giant boss. But other than that, it fucking sucked. The only good thing about this game is the introduction of firefight. Problem is, there is no fucking matchmaking for firefight. This is very disappointing. How the hell can I play firefight online when none of my friends want to play the game with me? The graphics are ok, typical Halo 3 graphics.

This game was supposed to be a DLC/expansion for Halo 3. BUT NO, Microsoft had to make it a full $60 release, which made all the Halo fanboys cum their pants. What the hell I am supposed to do with this game if I already beat the mediocre campaign and none of my friends has the game to play with me in firefight mode? What if I already have Halo 3?

/donerambling.
Theres a difference between something being terrible and mediocre. ODST is just like call of duty. Really fun and solid for its amazing gameplay but lacks in features and could've been indeed better off as DLC.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

The Decade of Halo Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

The Decade of Halo Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Decade of Halo   The Decade of Halo I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 8:46 am

I don't think ODST would have gotten nearly as much hate if it wasn't priced at 60$ fuckin dollars.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

The Decade of Halo Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Decade of Halo   The Decade of Halo I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 9:15 am

Teckno wrote:
I don't think ODST would have gotten nearly as much hate if it wasn't priced at 60$ fuckin dollars.

Or just stayed a Halo 3 expansion/dlc.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

The Decade of Halo Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

The Decade of Halo Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Decade of Halo   The Decade of Halo I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 10:45 am

Reaper wrote:
Finally Duke...a post from you that takes more than a nanosecond to glance over. Proud of ya. Now if you could just do that full time please.

THIS
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

The Decade of Halo Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

The Decade of Halo Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Decade of Halo   The Decade of Halo I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 12:05 pm

^ You just committed the very crime Reaper was praising Duke for not doing. The Decade of Halo 1443829230

@Duke, It is already technically an expansion, it's just the price that says other wise.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

The Decade of Halo Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Decade of Halo   The Decade of Halo I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 12:28 pm

Yeah i dont see too much of a problem with Halo ODST except for the price. The map packs being re-sold is all on the buyer...your arm wasnt twisted into buying them for Halo 3...
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

The Decade of Halo 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

The Decade of Halo Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Decade of Halo   The Decade of Halo I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 12:49 pm

Thankfully, Microsoft has learned their lesson and has Halo Anniversary priced at $40
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

The Decade of Halo Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Decade of Halo   The Decade of Halo I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 1:08 pm

I haven't played any Halo game(I only played the Reach demo, so DON'T nag me about it, Alan).
So I won't say anything negative or positive about it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Sponsored content

The Decade of Halo Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Decade of Halo   The Decade of Halo I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Decade of Halo
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next