Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rap R.I.P.

Go down 
+9
Stoney
Fenrir
Pizzy3C
Gutzahn
Based Sonji
Archduke
yonny616
Orc
Mecha
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

Rap R.I.P. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap R.I.P.   Rap R.I.P. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 7:36 pm

You need to know how to play an instrument to know what music is?

Most ignorant statement I've ever heard about music. Ever.
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

Stature : 23

PostSubject: Re: Rap R.I.P.   Rap R.I.P. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 11:47 pm

^ Not really

You're trying to argue something you have no idea about.

And how do you think you know anything about music when you've never touched an instrument or even read the introduction to a book on music theory? Point being leave music to musicians and just keep listening to your garbage with your opinion to yourself. I hear skrillex has made another song out of windows 7 sounds and fart noises :)

I feel bad for Lykos, how long has he been dealing with this?
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Rap R.I.P.   Rap R.I.P. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 6:36 am

^^^

You and him can easily ignore these types of threads but you refuse not to, you come in, both of you, looking down your nose at everything music related and pass of your opinion off as fact. It's the most annoying thing anyone can do.

EDIT: I hate Kanye West.

:)

Last edited by Stoney on Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TrollDiggity
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member

Stature : -1

PostSubject: Re: Rap R.I.P.   Rap R.I.P. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 3:28 pm

LOL you're so ignorant Pizzy.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Rap R.I.P.   Rap R.I.P. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 4:27 pm

So I guess Michael Jackson and Aretha Franklin know nothing about music.
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

PostSubject: Re: Rap R.I.P.   Rap R.I.P. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 2:12 am

The thread is titled R.I.P. rap, my hatred for modern day hip hop brought me here. And it's in the music section. My love of music also brought me here.

You can't prove I'm musically ignorant. In fact I'll bet my left nut you're the ignorant one.

I'd love to discuss music w/ people who know what they're talking about. Your point? Although I don't know exactly how much they know about music. Singers, especially Pop singers are usually the least musically inclined of all. Realize that most pop singers have their songs written for them.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Rap R.I.P.   Rap R.I.P. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 3:39 pm

^
And keep in mind a lot have a very average-at-best vocal range and tend not to be versatile in the slightest.
You wont find vocalists like Mike Patton in pop, who can and has done crooning, falsetto, screaming, opera, death growls, rapping, mouth music, beatboxing, and scatting, among other techniques, REALLY WELL.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rap R.I.P.   Rap R.I.P. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 4:37 pm

I have to say that i agree with lykos and pizzy and some points. But goddamn learn not to be so fucking close minded.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Rap R.I.P.   Rap R.I.P. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 5:02 pm

lol what happened to having opinions?

Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Rap R.I.P.   Rap R.I.P. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 5:25 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
I have to say that i agree with lykos and pizzy and some points. But goddamn learn not to be so fucking close minded.

We're the close minded ones? :lolguy:

It's called having standards. :lulzsec:
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Rap R.I.P. - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Rap R.I.P.   Rap R.I.P. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 5:30 pm

Teckno wrote:
lol what happened to having opinions?

Rap R.I.P. - Page 2 G1323610
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rap R.I.P.   Rap R.I.P. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 5:39 pm

Lykos wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

Its called learning to respect others opinion, hell i'm not bashing you for listening to those wannabe metal emo's avenged sevenfold.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Rap R.I.P.   Rap R.I.P. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 7:15 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

Its called learning to respect others opinion, hell i'm not bashing you for listening to those wannabe metal emo's avenged sevenfold.

Time and time again Matt has said "I don't think avenged sevenfold is a metal band", yet you still call them wannabe metal? And for your information, technically they are a metal band and technically they are superior to most metal bands out there. Musically they are very intelligent and are incredibly versatile.
And as for emo...? I don't even know what to say.

And I respect others opinions but when someone claims a band is good or a band is shit upon NO BASIS whatsoever, obviously I am inclined to prove them wrong.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Rap R.I.P.   Rap R.I.P. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 8:02 pm

Lykos wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

Time and time again Matt has said "I don't think avenged sevenfold is a metal band", yet you still call them wannabe metal? And for your information, technically they are a metal band and technically they are superior to most metal bands out there. Musically they are very intelligent and are incredibly versatile.

And I respect others opinions but when someone claims a band is good or a band is shit upon NO BASIS whatsoever, obviously I am inclined to prove them wrong.

What other basis do they need other then the fact they do or do not like the way it sounds?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

PostSubject: Re: Rap R.I.P.   Rap R.I.P. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 6:23 am

Opinions are fine as long as they're studied, well thought out, and have facts backing them up.
Until you get that, don't come at me with weak ass arguments bro.

People who love A7x are people who love diversity in their music. Not one time, that I can think of, have I heard a band release their first 4 albums with 4 totally different musical directions. Not many artists have the ability to do that let alone confidence to...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rap R.I.P.   Rap R.I.P. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 6:57 am

Teckno wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

What other basis do they need other then the fact they do or do not like the way it sounds?
Exactly.

Quote :
technically they are superior to most metal bands out there. Musically they are very intelligent and are incredibly versatile.
LMFAO don't fucking bullshit me man. A7x is one of the most generic bands i've ever heard and all i hear is a bullshit tone deaf groove metal that makes BFMV sound harcore. Seriously they haven't done anything that other metal bands didn't do before and you have yet to prove to the majority of metal fans that see this "music" as a joke as why its actually decent. If i had to give it credit its for its lead guitarist but the drummer and clean vocals are complete failures and generic. You claim people do not base their opinion but you have never done that yourself.

Just think about it. Why does almost the ENTIRE g7 group hate you and see you as musically ignorant? Exactly. This is coming from a fellow metal fan, get a fucking life and learn to respect.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Rap R.I.P.   Rap R.I.P. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 7:31 am

Pizzy3C wrote:
Not one time, that I can think of, have I heard a band release their first 4 albums with 4 totally different musical directions. Not many artists have the ability to do that let alone confidence to...

Kanye West & Lil Wayne did this....
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

PostSubject: Re: Rap R.I.P.   Rap R.I.P. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 7:34 am

Greg Jennings wrote:
Pizzy3C wrote:
Not one time, that I can think of, have I heard a band release their first 4 albums with 4 totally different musical directions. Not many artists have the ability to do that let alone confidence to...

i lol'd
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Rap R.I.P. - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Rap R.I.P.   Rap R.I.P. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 9:01 am

Music is not about sounding good and cheesy, it's about bringing a message forth.

People like Eminem, Tupac & Immortal Technique do this, hence why people love their songs, because it actually has a story to relate to, unlike those emo fags who keep brawling on stage, sounding like they're on their periods.
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

PostSubject: Re: Rap R.I.P.   Rap R.I.P. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 1:03 pm

Good music tells a story through the music played. Sorry you don't have that kind of an ear :) I can only assume you mean A7x as the emo fags and that makes me lol.

I already covered why people like hip hop in another thread.
Pizzy3C wrote:
What Lykos is saying is not elitist, or even wrong really. The more musical knowledge you have the more you expect from the people who make it for a living. The reason pop music, hip hop music, and all mainstream music is so popular is because it's recognizable to everybody. Every body listens to the same nursery rhymes and children songs when they're growing up. That's what has been programmed into all of us as music. Unless you pursue a deeper intellect of music the 3-4 note movements repeated over and over with slight variations in melody or lyrics is what you connect with. Couldn't be any more obvious what with all these new age hip hop songs using nursery rhyme melodies in their songs.

Somewhere between bad poetry and bad music was the fusion of hip hop.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Rap R.I.P. - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Rap R.I.P.   Rap R.I.P. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 11:43 pm

Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Rap R.I.P.   Rap R.I.P. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 7:37 am

Greg Jennings wrote:
Pizzy3C wrote:

I laughed so hard I almost cried.

Avenged Sevenfold began with

Sounding the Seventh Trumpet: screamo hardcore with some elements of punk

Waking the Fallen then evolved to more refined metalcore with elements of latin guitar and more guitar harmonies and combined both harsh and clean vocals

City of Evil then showed a shift to more classic but melodic metal with predominantly clean vocals mixing elements of symphonic and flamenco among technical guitar melodies among many other changes

Avenged Sevenfold then they released their next album which encompassed country, broadway, hip-hop elements, pop elements, industrial elements, and I believe there was even some reggae inspiration and lots more. Basically every song in the album was of a different genre.

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Rap R.I.P. - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Rap R.I.P.   Rap R.I.P. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 8:53 am

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:
Pizzy3C wrote:

I laughed so hard I almost cried.

Avenged Sevenfold began with

Sounding the Seventh Trumpet: screamo hardcore with some elements of punk

Waking the Fallen then evolved to more refined metalcore with elements of latin guitar and more guitar harmonies and combined both harsh and clean vocals

City of Evil then showed a shift to more classic but melodic metal with predominantly clean vocals mixing elements of symphonic and flamenco among technical guitar melodies among many other changes

Avenged Sevenfold then they released their next album which encompassed country, broadway, hip-hop elements, pop elements, industrial elements, and I believe there was even some reggae inspiration and lots more. Basically every song in the album was of a different genre.

So because Ghey7X did it, Kanye must not have. Niqqa you musically ig'nant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rap R.I.P.   Rap R.I.P. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rap R.I.P.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Generation7 - Gaming :: Art & Popular Culture :: Art, Music, and Literature-
Jump to: