Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skyrim contains the entire Elder Scrolls Continent, including Morrowind and Cyrodiil

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

Skyrim contains the entire Elder Scrolls Continent, including Morrowind and Cyrodiil Empty
PostSubject: Skyrim contains the entire Elder Scrolls Continent, including Morrowind and Cyrodiil   Skyrim contains the entire Elder Scrolls Continent, including Morrowind and Cyrodiil I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 7:19 am

Skyrim contains the entire Elder Scrolls Continent, including Morrowind and Cyrodiil 98593c7b333505a0bd1b0b4ac7f43978
Quote :
Holy shit.

An intrepid Elder Scrolls player, curious as to why the game stopped him at the border between Skyrim and Morrowind (the playable landmass of the third game in the series), engaged noclip mode and decided to look beyond. What he claims he found was...the entire continent of Tamriel.

The whole damn thing.

He took snaps along the way, recording landmarks such as the volcano Vvardenfell and the Imperial City in Cyrodiil (centre of the fourth Elder Scrolls game), and while they're of reduced scale and greatly reduced texture quality (they're basically just lightly-textured blobs of landscape), he says they're there in the game, every time you load it up.

Begging the question...why?

Full size
Could be to make your in-game maps and aerial sightseeing more realistic. They could have been used as reference when building Skyrim. Or they could be there as a modder's playground. Who knows!

If you want to try it out yourself, see if it actually works, there's full directions on how to do it at the link below.

http://kotaku.com/5861752/skyrim-contains-the-entire-elder-scrolls-continent-including-morrowind-and-cyrodiil

Last edited by Epzaos on Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

Skyrim contains the entire Elder Scrolls Continent, including Morrowind and Cyrodiil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim contains the entire Elder Scrolls Continent, including Morrowind and Cyrodiil   Skyrim contains the entire Elder Scrolls Continent, including Morrowind and Cyrodiil I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 8:01 am

This is good... and could be an EPIC mod!!
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim contains the entire Elder Scrolls Continent, including Morrowind and Cyrodiil   Skyrim contains the entire Elder Scrolls Continent, including Morrowind and Cyrodiil I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 7:26 pm

Holy crap.
This reminds me of the psp version of Tony Hawks Underground 2 when you could access a map (New Jersey) from Tony Hawks 1 by using a glitch.

2:00 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0mWEEBWe3Q

I wonder if they initially intended to remake Cyrodiil and Morrowind on the new engine, maybe for DLC?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim contains the entire Elder Scrolls Continent, including Morrowind and Cyrodiil   Skyrim contains the entire Elder Scrolls Continent, including Morrowind and Cyrodiil I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skyrim contains the entire Elder Scrolls Continent, including Morrowind and Cyrodiil
Page 1 of 1