Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Activision takes down YouTuber's videos to Make You Pay for Them in Elite?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

Activision takes down YouTuber's videos to Make You Pay for Them in Elite? Empty
PostSubject: Activision takes down YouTuber's videos to Make You Pay for Them in Elite?   Activision takes down YouTuber's videos to Make You Pay for Them in Elite? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 7:06 am

This is the best story you'll read all day, guaranteed.

Activision takes down YouTuber's videos to Make You Pay for Them in Elite? Activision-money-hungry1
Quote :
XboxAhoy, is a well known YouTube commentator that makes some of the most impressive weapon guides for the Call of Duty community. The combination of his soothing voice and high production in his videos makes for an great way to learn about the guns. We even featured his first 10 MW3 videos here on MP1st, Guide 1 and Guide 2, as we are fans of his work. He’s been making guide videos since Modern Warfare 2, and the quality of his work made Activision take notice. So, during the lead up to Modern Warfare 3′s release, the publisher signed Stuart to produce the official weapon guides for Elite TV. Of course, these videos are only accessible to premium members, which left Stuart’s fans worried about his YouTube series. He assured his YouTube fans that he had a series in mind for YouTube as well when he promised “I’ll be doing a series for YouTube as well as for Elite.” It turned out that the Express series was for YouTube and the longer, more fleshed out series was for Elite TV. The Elite videos are little over 3 minutes long, whereas the YouTube “Express” videos hover around 1 min and 45 seconds. The two series have different formats and layovers.

Although this might have angered some fans for not being able to watch Stuart’s longer videos, it was understandable for him to go that route. He still didn’t forget his fans with the Express series. This was all well until last Friday when Activision requested ”the removal of Weapon Guide Express. It was complied with on [Stuart's] behalf by Machinima.” It’s worth noting that Activision waited after Stuart released 10 videos to remove them. We hope Stuart will get the express guide back on his channel.

http://mp1st.com/2011/11/21/activision-takes-down-youtubers-videos-to-make-you-pay-for-them-in-elite/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Anonymous

Activision takes down YouTuber's videos to Make You Pay for Them in Elite? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activision takes down YouTuber's videos to Make You Pay for Them in Elite?   Activision takes down YouTuber's videos to Make You Pay for Them in Elite? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 7:13 am

EA fucking over ps3 gamers.....capcom charging for cheat codes....and now this.....
WORST, GENERATION, EVER.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Activision takes down YouTuber's videos to Make You Pay for Them in Elite?   Activision takes down YouTuber's videos to Make You Pay for Them in Elite? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 12:36 pm

Lol how did EA fuck over PS3 gamers?

But yeah Activisions greed knows no bounds....i wouldnt be surprised if they started charging the everyday gamer to be allowed their gameplays on youtube.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Activision takes down YouTuber's videos to Make You Pay for Them in Elite?   Activision takes down YouTuber's videos to Make You Pay for Them in Elite? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 4:34 pm

They'd probably charge us on the hour while playing one of their games if they could.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Activision takes down YouTuber's videos to Make You Pay for Them in Elite?   Activision takes down YouTuber's videos to Make You Pay for Them in Elite? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 5:35 pm

Reaper wrote:
Lol how did EA fuck over PS3 gamers?

But yeah Activisions greed knows no bounds....i wouldnt be surprised if they started charging the everyday gamer to be allowed their gameplays on youtube.

"FREE GAME WITH PURCHASE OF BF3."

/No free game given.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: Activision takes down YouTuber's videos to Make You Pay for Them in Elite?   Activision takes down YouTuber's videos to Make You Pay for Them in Elite? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 6:16 pm

Yeah i suspect that will be settled though.

But this thing with Activision is just pure greed, those XboxAhoy videos got hundreds of thousands of views and they just want a piece of that action for their shitty CoD Elite.
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

Stature : 23

PostSubject: Re: Activision takes down YouTuber's videos to Make You Pay for Them in Elite?   Activision takes down YouTuber's videos to Make You Pay for Them in Elite? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 6:25 pm

What's the problem here? Dude just got paid big $ for playing a video game. More power to him. Thread title is misleading, I thought people actually had their vids removed...
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: Activision takes down YouTuber's videos to Make You Pay for Them in Elite?   Activision takes down YouTuber's videos to Make You Pay for Them in Elite? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 6:59 pm

If you read it carefully it says that Activision told him to even remove his Weapon Guide express videos which are like 1 min long.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Activision takes down YouTuber's videos to Make You Pay for Them in Elite?   Activision takes down YouTuber's videos to Make You Pay for Them in Elite? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 8:08 pm

Pizzy3C wrote:
What's the problem here? Dude just got paid big $ for playing a video game. More power to him. Thread title is misleading, I thought people actually had their vids removed...
Try reading the link that I've provided below the quote, it says the Thread Title, so no, it's not misleading.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

Stature : 23

PostSubject: Re: Activision takes down YouTuber's videos to Make You Pay for Them in Elite?   Activision takes down YouTuber's videos to Make You Pay for Them in Elite? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 8:44 pm

I clicked the link, it was the same article...

@Reaper But he signed up for it. He knew what he was doing when he was putting pen to paper. And he never actually uploaded that guide he did for elite to youtube, he just made a different, faster and probably not as detailed one for youtube. Is what I read from the article. I blame Activision for alot but I still fail to see where they went evil here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Activision takes down YouTuber's videos to Make You Pay for Them in Elite?   Activision takes down YouTuber's videos to Make You Pay for Them in Elite? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Activision takes down YouTuber's videos to Make You Pay for Them in Elite?
Page 1 of 1