Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unban Mecha Thread.

Go down 
+11
Orc
The_Biotic_God
The Enkindler
igame
Stoney
TheJubJub5721
NoelX2
Archduke
Hydell
Jack the Spectre
Bluenose
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Unban Mecha?
Yes
Unban Mecha Thread. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap72%Unban Mecha Thread. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 72% [ 13 ]
No
Unban Mecha Thread. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap28%Unban Mecha Thread. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 28% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

Unban Mecha Thread. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unban Mecha Thread.   Unban Mecha Thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 4:59 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
I'll ban him when he joins, I'm positive Alan agrees with me. He has had plenty of chances, and I don't feel like giving him another.

You dare defy the Admin?
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Unban Mecha Thread.   Unban Mecha Thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 5:15 pm

igame wrote:
What would Jesus do?

According to Christianity, Jesus only died once for our sins. Not multiple times. Everyone gets a second chance, no one should get more than that.

Personally, I think there is a huge misunderstanding between me and Mecha. I don't hate the dude. I'm actually pretty good friends with him on PSN. With that said, I don't think he should be unbanned. Waaay too many chances.

Quote :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We could make negotiations for that. No quoting/replying to each other rule

Hopefully you're just joking. Such a rule would set a new standard for pure retardation.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Unban Mecha Thread.   Unban Mecha Thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 5:43 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
I'll ban him when he joins, I'm positive Alan agrees with me. He has had plenty of chances, and I don't feel like giving him another.

And I'll take away your mod powers if you don't follow the democratic process. Your opinion doesn't negate the forums.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Unban Mecha Thread.   Unban Mecha Thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 6:00 pm

Teckno wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

And I'll take away your mod powers if you don't follow the democratic process. Your opinion doesn't negate the forums.

If you unmod him for simply doing his job, I'm leaving the forum.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Unban Mecha Thread.   Unban Mecha Thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 6:19 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Teckno wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

If you unmod him for simply doing his job, I'm leaving the forum.

Then you're just being a baby. If the forum wants him unbanned, he will be unbanned. For you to go against the forums wishes, then you would not be doing your job, but simply being selfish. I think you two are being pretty dramatic.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Unban Mecha Thread.   Unban Mecha Thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 6:26 pm

The majority want him to stay. I too believe he deserves another chance. Despite his occasional trolling/immature nature, he is an active poster and rarely causes offense to members. Should he do something out of line it can be easily dealt with.
Furthermore he is an entertaining member and helps keep this forum interesting. If he steps out of line, then ban. I'm not saying reset his privileges and treating him like a new member- no he has been given warnings. This time it is a matter of life or death. One rule break or offense and he's out but I say in the meantime he deserves to come back.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Unban Mecha Thread.   Unban Mecha Thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 6:32 pm

Quote :

I think you two are being pretty dramatic.
I don't think it's dramatic.

This forum is becoming a joke. We always talk about wanting to expand but we never follow through with anything we do. Hardly anyone follows the rules and this is partly because the adminstration is awful. And whenever a mod follows through with being an actual moderator, he is met with negative reception.

How is unbanning a troll "for the good of the forum" anyway? And since when did post count mean anything? Need I not remind you that at least two thirds of Mecha's posts were hardly what anyone would call meaningful or insightful. Most of the topics he started outside of the movie section were either flame bait or just plain stupid. Even if a thread is locked, all of the posts still get counted in a user's post count. Besides, some of our most significant members only have a couple hundred posts.

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Unban Mecha Thread.   Unban Mecha Thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 6:48 pm

[quote="Old_Spice_Guy"]I don't think it's dramatic.

Quote :
This forum is becoming a joke.

Where have I heard that before. eye roll
Oh wait, every time someone gets dissapointed about something.

Quote :
We always talk about wanting to expand but we never follow through with anything we do.

This whole poll is the start of expanding, firstly by getting our old active members back. We're also trying to contact Blackstigma to come back.

Quote :
Hardly anyone follows the rules and this is partly because the adminstration is awful.

Yea please, care to explain? I don't recall the last time we asked for anyone to act out. Sorry, bout you're just pulling at straws. How bout you actually tell us how to make people follow the rules since obviously we're horrible and you have the golden ideas. Funny, but I don't remember you being consistent with these accusations until it finally somehow effects you.

Quote :
And whenever a mod follows through with being an actual moderator, he is met with negative reception.

Maybe by the users who got punished, wtf do you expect? It comes with the damn job.

Quote :
How is unbanning a troll "for the good of the forum" anyway?

Please, don't try to make everything so black and white. We get an active member back who says he'll be more serious. And I know what you're gonna say "He always says that". OK, he'll get REALLY permanent banned for it. No loss to us. There really is no negative to this situation.

Quote :
And since when did post count mean anything? Need I not remind you that at least two thirds of Mecha's posts were hardly what anyone would call meaningful or insightful. Most of the topics he started outside of the movie section were either flame bait or just plain stupid. Even if a thread is locked, all of the posts still get counted in a user's post count.

Now you're just making generalizations and exaggerations. Sure, I won't deny he made some dumb shit up, but he was usually the one posted important news up pretty fast. We need something like that, and like I said, he'll be more serious now. If not, ban, no big woop.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Unban Mecha Thread.   Unban Mecha Thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 6:57 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Quote :

I think you two are being pretty dramatic.
I don't think it's dramatic.

This forum is becoming a joke. We always talk about wanting to expand but we never follow through with anything we do. Hardly anyone follows the rules and this is partly because the adminstration is awful. And whenever a mod follows through with being an actual moderator, he is met with negative reception.

How is unbanning a troll "for the good of the forum" anyway? And since when did post count mean anything? Need I not remind you that at least two thirds of Mecha's posts were hardly what anyone would call meaningful or insightful. Most of the topics he started outside of the movie section were either flame bait or just plain stupid. Even if a thread is locked, all of the posts still get counted in a user's post count. Besides, some of our most significant members only have a couple hundred posts.

This decision is ultimately in the hands of you guys; the moderators and admins.
But it is the members that make this forum possible, as it is the customers that make a shop possible.
If the members wish him to be back, then it shows that he was a member that was respected and that any actions caused by him did not particularly affect, offend or irritate them.
His behavior will no doubt have to be improved but you must ask yourself this: is it for the forum's benefit that you wish him gone or is it simply your personal attitude towards him?
Keep in mind that nothing he does to harm this forum can not be rectified by moderators. After all, it is your responsibility to deal with situations like this.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Unban Mecha Thread.   Unban Mecha Thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 7:21 pm

Teckno, there was absolutely no point in ripping apart my post sentence by sentence. My last post was an argument based off of the sum of its parts as a whole.

I'm not suggesting new rules, I'm saying we should stick to the ones we got and enforce them. I'm not being condescending about it either. You want my opinion; you got my opinion. If you unmod Jub because he's being conservative about our alleged policy, then I'll find a better forum to be part of. This forum isn't a god damn democracy. The adminstration made the rules and bend it to match their confused agenda, but now you're pretending that this isn't the case by trying to appeal to the public with this "democracy" BS.

There is absolutely no connection between unbanning Mecha and forum expansion. Oh and considering the fact that the Industry Section is one of the most active subforums, I don't think we're in dire need of news posters. =/ But nice try.

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Unban Mecha Thread.   Unban Mecha Thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 7:31 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Teckno, there was absolutely no point in ripping apart my post sentence by sentence. My last post was an argument based off of the sum of its parts as a whole.

I'm not suggesting new rules, I'm saying we should stick to the ones we got and enforce them. I'm not being condescending about it either. You want my opinion; you got my opinion. If you unmod Jub because he's being conservative about our alleged policy, then I'll find a better forum to be part of. This forum isn't a god damn democracy. The adminstration made the rules and bend it to match their confused agenda, but now you're pretending that this isn't the case by trying to appeal to the public with this "democracy" BS.

There is absolutely no connection between unbanning Mecha and forum expansion. Oh and considering the fact that the Industry Section is one of the most active subforums, I don't think we're in dire need of news posters. =/ But nice try.

I only ripped your post apart cause it would have been easier and more direct you to your statement. And what the hell does it matter?

We got your opinion, but now your shoving it down our throats with threats. Leave if you want, but it's extremely silly and frankly stupid leaving because of something so small as that. All of the sudden you're acting righteous about preserving forum rules BS. Like I said, things aren't black and white as you make it seem. There are situations such as this that have certain specifics. If we followed the rules without any other thought to the situation of it, we'd all be banned now. Including Sonji and I!!! There are some parts of the forum that should be a democratically followed throughout. Things such as this apply. Jesus, now you're switching modes huh? You said we're not trying to expand while saying its not needed to a expand.

There is absolutely NO negative outcome to unbanning him. You're acting like the very integrity of the forum depends on it.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Unban Mecha Thread.   Unban Mecha Thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 7:34 pm

Alan you are still ignoring the matter at hand.
Mecha can be banned at will, should he continue to break any rules.
And he even requested his return, showing that we aren't adding him in desperation to find members but because we believe he deserves another chance to redeem himself.
He posted the latest gaming /relevant news more than any other member and did provide a lot of interesting posts.
There was tension between you two and so it is natural that you'd rather he remained banned but in the long run the forum could benefit from his contribution.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Unban Mecha Thread.   Unban Mecha Thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 7:39 pm

Quote :
I only ripped your post apart cause it would have been easier and more direct you to your statement. And what the hell does it matter?

We got your opinion, but now your shoving it down our throats with threats. Leave if you want, but it's extremely silly and frankly stupid leaving because of something so small as that. All of the sudden you're acting righteous about preserving forum rules BS. Like I said, things aren't black and white as you make it seem. There are situations such as this that have certain specifics. If we followed the rules without any other thought to the situation of it, we'd all be banned now. Including Sonji and I!!! There are some parts of the forum that should be a democratically followed throughout. Things such as this apply. Jesus, now you're switching modes huh? You said we're not trying to expand while saying its not needed to a expand.

There is absolutely NO negative outcome to unbanning him. You're acting like the very integrity of the forum depends on it.

I don't see how me leaving is a threat, and you're the only one overreacting to this argument.

You're also bending my words. I said I'd leave if you unmodded Jub for doing his job. I never said anything about leaving just because you're being fucking retarded..urrh I mean giving Mecha his 12th chance..urrrh I mean fuck you.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Unban Mecha Thread.   Unban Mecha Thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 7:43 pm

^

How am I overeacting? I didn't say I was gonna leave cause a mod was being unmodded for doing something against the forum. Unban Mecha Thread. - Page 2 725796345

No sir, you are overeacting.

I didn't bend your words. I simply stated leaving over something stupid as that was silly.

And you're really mad aren't you? Ah well, I don't break a sweat over simply debates such as these, child.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Unban Mecha Thread.   Unban Mecha Thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 7:47 pm

Now this is just petty, Alan.
Either defend your stance or accept Mecha's return.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Unban Mecha Thread.   Unban Mecha Thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 7:53 pm

Teckno wrote:
^

How am I overeacting? I didn't say I was gonna leave cause a mod was being unmodded for doing something against the forum. Unban Mecha Thread. - Page 2 725796345

I didn't bend your words. I simply stated leaving over something stupid as that was silly.

And you're really mad aren't you? Ah well, I don't break a sweat over simply debates such as these, child.

I think unmodding Jub because he's following through with his duty as a mod to ban trolls is irrational. And FYI, Jub has always has been by the book when it comes to the rules. It's not like it's conditional. I'm leaving if he gets unmodded because he's trying to be a good moderator, but that's just the straw that breaks the camel's back. There are multiple reasons I would consider leaving this forum. Some are because of my personal issues and others because of a collection of annoying things like this.

Grow up, I'm not "mad." I never said anything that would make you think I'm raging. Even my last sentence on my previous post was somewhat made light-heartedly.

Oh and here's a suggestion. You might as well add to the OP, "I want to hear your thoughts on this, but only if you agree."

Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Unban Mecha Thread.   Unban Mecha Thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 7:57 pm

Does he have the ability to make and upload content?
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Unban Mecha Thread.   Unban Mecha Thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 8:01 pm

^
Better, Alan.
But as Teckno said, it is not in black and white. There are cases when you must delve deeper into the situation, look at the past as well as the present and check if certain users deserve another chance.
Mecha was not here purely for trolling. He wasn't tahmidk or captain emp :lolguy: , who once banned stay banned. You see, not one single person here wanted them, furthermore they were simply trolling 100%. There were no serious posts by them. Mecha was, yes, perhaps a quirky member. He did act immature on occasion but he did put a lot on the table for this forum. So what do you do in cases like this where a banned user perhaps does deserve the opportunity to redeem himself? Simple, ask everyone else.
While your views are as valid as anyones, they represent a minority's opinion.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Unban Mecha Thread.   Unban Mecha Thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 8:03 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Teckno wrote:
^

I think unmodding Jub because he's following through with his duty as a mod to ban trolls is irrational. And FYI, Jub has always has been by the book when it comes to the rules. It's not like it's conditional. I'm leaving if he gets unmodded because he's trying to be a good moderator, but that's just the straw that breaks the camel's back. There are multiple reasons I would consider leaving this forum. Some are because of my personal issues and others because of a collection of annoying things like this.

Grow up, I'm not "mad." I never said anything that would make you think I'm raging. Even my last sentence on my previous post was somewhat made light-heartedly.

Oh and here's a suggestion. You might as well add to the OP, "I want to hear your thoughts on this, but only if you agree."

Once again, your argument is black and white and irrational. His duty to ban trolls is that until otherwise notified. Mecha is a different situation and I've already explained like a billion times why. JubJub just can't blatantly go against what the forum and admin vote for.

Please, if you're having personal issues, feel free to leave or take time off for however long you want. I won't stop you. I mean that sincerely.

Don't try to deny that that sentence gave me reason to believe you were raging.

Alan, don't be such a Negative Nate. I never asked anyone not to disagree. I was simply replying to their stance.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Unban Mecha Thread.   Unban Mecha Thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 8:15 pm

Instead of replying to my stance the message I got was "STFU and deal with it you fucking baby."

And yes, believe it or not, It was a joke. I'd never say "fuck you" in a debate because that automatically makes me lose my credibility.

Mecha is not a different situation. I already told you that his post count is deceptive. We don't have anything to lose but we don't have anything to gain either. I just think we need to stop poking the dead horse. He's banned and if we unbann him just because he messaged you on PSN then it shows how inefficient the forum is about upholding it's policies.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Unban Mecha Thread.   Unban Mecha Thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 8:31 pm

If you got that message, then I don't what to say.

But you just did. It was a joke, fine. But don't say there's no possible way someone can't see you raging.

Forget about his damn post count then. You're right we won't lose anything, but based on what we said, we will gain something. It's not just because a message through PSN, there is more to it. If we can improve this forum by doing it, then it's great and pretty simple and fast to do. We uphold policies only if there is sufficient reason to do it.

Last edited by Teckno on Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Unban Mecha Thread.   Unban Mecha Thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 8:34 pm

How exactly does unbanning Mecha improve the forum? Give me some solid reasons.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Unban Mecha Thread.   Unban Mecha Thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 8:41 pm

He stated he's more serious and more serious about gaming in general. This means his energy will be directed at quality threads and posts. Threads lead to dozens or more posts. General forum activity goes up and new members will find the forum more appealing. If he breaks the rule, easy ban, nothing big happened.
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Unban Mecha Thread.   Unban Mecha Thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 9:09 pm

what harm can he do... ??
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Unban Mecha Thread.   Unban Mecha Thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 12:02 am

Quality threads like....

"Is Uncharted A Platformer?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unban Mecha Thread.   Unban Mecha Thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unban Mecha Thread.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next