Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Retarded Skyrim 'Review'

Go down 
+2
Jack the Spectre
Dam_Noir
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

Retarded Skyrim 'Review' Empty
PostSubject: Retarded Skyrim 'Review'   Retarded Skyrim 'Review' I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 3:44 am

Some people will know that yesterday one of my mates gave his opinion on Skyrim after I told him I was off work for it's release.

"Really Skyrim? A Warcraft-esq game with no MMORPG capabilities?"

After tearing him a new arsehole he posted a link to a 'Review' in the vain hope it would give his argument some credibility. I found the review to be laughable especially considered the reviewer hasn't even played the game.

I thought i'd share that review with everybody else here.

http://zebulum.hubpages.com/hub/Video-Games-That-Will-Suck-Skyrim
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Retarded Skyrim 'Review' XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Retarded Skyrim 'Review'   Retarded Skyrim 'Review' I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 6:35 am

The author is the kind of gamer that likes instant gratification and has an attention span of about two minutes. Sure, you may be traversing a lot in Skyrim, but there are a lot of sights to see and enemies to fight along the way. While going from one city to another, you may encounter a pack of wolves, or bandits, or maybe a dungeon, or maybe even a small settlement. It's not like there's nothing between cities.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Retarded Skyrim 'Review'   Retarded Skyrim 'Review' I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 6:46 am

What TRF said. Ths guy was not the right type to review a game like skyrim since it shows that its not his cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Retarded Skyrim 'Review'   Retarded Skyrim 'Review' I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 6:53 am

He's clearly a fan of the whole scripted corridor shooters, mind you if you have zero imagination then I suppose you do need your hand holding throughout a game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Retarded Skyrim 'Review'   Retarded Skyrim 'Review' I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 7:00 am

Its rare to see someone, who states that he prefers linear over open. Its fine, but i think both concepts can lead to an amazing game.
Saying open world sucks is just as bad as saying Uncharted sucks because its linear.
Bullshit i say. Bullshit.

Topic unrelated : Lol at your madoka gif. Toxic :)
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Retarded Skyrim 'Review'   Retarded Skyrim 'Review' I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 8:35 am

He has completely misinterpreted the Elder Scrolls games.
He believes the main focus is exploration. Well he is forgetting that once you have discovered a place you can travel straight to it from the menu.
And even for the first time, as TRF stated, anything could happen. Hell you could end up finding a side quest. You could find an Oblivion gate!
And the world in Oblivion was so deep it was incredible. I lost hundreds of hours getting sucked into that world and I am going to do it all over again in Skyrim.
And yeah he clearly does seem like a narrow-minded, impatient gamer. The kind that likes Portal. LOL
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Retarded Skyrim 'Review'   Retarded Skyrim 'Review' I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 9:39 am

I haventplayed any of these sword using RPG's but i did play Fallout New Vegas...and one of my favourite things to do was not use quick travel and just walk around to the other towns because there was always something cool to see or explore on the way. Be it a pack of geckos to fight or some random dudes standing around a building.

Much more fun that a scripted scene which cannot be changed or altered.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Retarded Skyrim 'Review' XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Retarded Skyrim 'Review'   Retarded Skyrim 'Review' I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 6:26 pm

Reaper wrote:
I haventplayed any of these sword using RPG's but i did play Fallout New Vegas...and one of my favourite things to do was not use quick travel and just walk around to the other towns because there was always something cool to see or explore on the way. Be it a pack of geckos to fight or some random dudes standing around a building.

Much more fun that a scripted scene which cannot be changed or altered.
Same. Unless I was in a rush or something, I would generally take my time and walk to see the sights and experience the world and atmosphere, be it Tamriel or a post-apocalyptic America.

And I agree about the scripted scenes versus the more dynamic gameplay. This will go even further in Skyrim. It has this new dynamic questing system that generates an unlimited amount of side quests. Much cooler than Uncharted.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Retarded Skyrim 'Review'   Retarded Skyrim 'Review' I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 6:32 pm

random bash is random.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Retarded Skyrim 'Review'   Retarded Skyrim 'Review' I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 7:50 pm

Terrible review. Why review a game that isn't your cup of tea? Retarded Skyrim 'Review' 1443829230
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retarded Skyrim 'Review'   Retarded Skyrim 'Review' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Retarded Skyrim 'Review'
Page 1 of 1