Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles"

Go down 
+11
Mikenuge
Based Sonji
Franko
Dam_Noir
Hydell
Archduke
The_Biotic_God
Bluenose
Pizzy3C
ghost23
yonny616
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles" PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles" Empty
PostSubject: Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles"   Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles" I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 12:31 am

Quote :
Battlefield 3 producer Patrick Liu says he hasn't been surprised by the level of scrutiny from gamers comparing the PC version of the game to console versions, adding that the PC platform is "five or six years ahead of consoles now."

"I know some console players have been disappointed, somehow. The most tangible difference is the number of players but it’s really about the limitations we have on the hardware," Liu told NowGamer in an interview.

"Whichever platform you’re going to choose, you will get the best experience on that platform anyway. We’re offering a great game, wherever you play."

Asked if DICE measures the console version of Battlefield 3 against the PC version or other shooters, Liu replied: "We need to compare with other games on that platform. PC is five or six years ahead of consoles now, hardware wise. There’s an obvious difference."

Meanwhile, the most surprising thing to come out of the BF3 beta was Battlelog feedback, Liu added. "I think it was the reaction to the battlelog. We got a lot of feedback there for what they want, what they don’t want. Stuff like changing options in game, the beta didn’t have that but the main game we will have that. We fixed that."
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1101383/battlefield_3_dev_pc_five_or_six_years_ahead_of_consoles.html
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles"   Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles" I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 1:50 am

2011 minus 2005= 6

HOLY SHIT. Thanks DICE, now i can pass my maths exam.
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

Stature : 23

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles"   Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles" I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 8:02 am

Battlefield 3 doesn't look 5 or 6 years ahead of consoles :/ Of course they are horrible at marketing their game so I'll reserve judgement when I see some PC gameplay... Not the Beta
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles"   Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles" I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 8:54 am

Thanks for fucking us console gamers DICE.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles"   Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles" I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 11:09 am

Doesn't surprise me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles"   Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles" I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 12:19 pm

The PC version doesn't look or play like it's 5 or 6 years ahead of it's time. DICE can royally fuck off.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles"   Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles" I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 1:59 pm

ghost23 wrote:
2011 minus 2005= 6

HOLY SHIT. Thanks DICE, now i can pass my maths exam.

I was gonna say the same lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles"   Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles" I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 2:19 pm

I agree Alan, i dont know where they have gotten that idea.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles"   Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles" I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 6:06 am

This video should clear this up. Granted BF3 undoubtedly looks the best on PC but by over half decade!? Yeah right...

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles"   Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles" I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 6:13 am

Dam_Noir wrote:
This video should clear this up. Granted BF3 undoubtedly looks the best on PC but by over half decade!? Yeah right...

Thing is Noir, The PC version of BF3 beta didn't have the ultra included. it only had High and below on the beta. no one fully knows what BF3 looks like yet.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles"   Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles" I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 6:17 am

Franko wrote:
Thing is Noir, The PC version of BF3 beta didn't have the ultra included. it only had High and below on the beta. no one fully knows what BF3 looks like yet.

Do you personally predict it will look over half a decade better on Ultra settings?
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles"   Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles" I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 6:24 am

Dam_Noir wrote:
Franko wrote:

Do you personally predict it will look over half a decade better on Ultra settings?

Maybe maybe
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles"   Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles" I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 6:43 am

Franko wrote:
Dam_Noir wrote:
Franko wrote:

Maybe maybe

If your right then Microsoft and Sony may as well just scrap the 720 and PS4 if they won't even come close to present day PC graphics until towards the end of those conloses life spans.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles"   Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles" I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 7:08 am

Ultra and high don't even make that much of a difference.....
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles"   Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles" I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 7:19 am

Greg Jennings wrote:
Ultra and high don't even make that much of a difference.....

My thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Australia

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles"   Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles" I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 7:34 am

Haven't all the trailers been showing the PC version on Ultra?
Sure it's by far the best looking game of 2011, but not 5 years ahead. There are some pretty fucking good looking games coming out on PS3/XBOX 360 in 2011.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles"   Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles" I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 7:38 am

^^

I'm actually pretty skeptical about it being the best looking game of 2011.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Australia

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles"   Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles" I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 7:44 am

Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

What other game would you have in mind?
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles"   Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles" I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 7:48 am

Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

you cant say shit you dont have a good enough pc to view its full potential

crysis on the pc ofcourse is the best contender
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Australia

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles"   Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles" I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 7:52 am

Mikeboob wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

you cant say shit you dont have a good enough pc to view its full potential

EA releases all of its videos at 1080p running at Ultra. Despite not being at 60fps, we have a good idea of what it looks like.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles"   Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles" I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 7:55 am

Mikeboob wrote:
you cant say shit you dont have the bank of Mum and Dad to buy you a good enough pc to view its full potential

Fixed
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

UK

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles"   Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles" I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:52 am

Dam_Noir wrote:
Mikeboob wrote:
you cant say shit you dont have the bank of Mum and Dad to buy you a good enough pc to view its full potential

Fixed

actually i paid for it myself and your just jelly that you cant afford one
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles"   Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles" I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:54 am

I Love Console Gaming wrote:
Dam_Noir wrote:
Mikeboob wrote:

Fixed

Yeah sure, we believe you. Also just because I don't bang on about it every post doesn't mean I don't own one... Have you ever considered that?
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

UK

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles"   Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles" I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:57 am

Dam_Noir wrote:
Dam_Noir wrote:
Mikeboob wrote:

Fixed

Yeah sure, we believe you. Also just because I don't bang on about it every post doesn't mean I don't own one... Have you ever considered that?

well seeing as you believed me i dont know why you thought my parents paid for it kinda stupid

Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles"   Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles" I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 11:01 am

Dam_Noir wrote:
Dam_Noir wrote:
Mikeboob wrote:

Fixed

well seeing as you believed me i dont know why you thought my parents paid for it kinda stupid

Sarcasm my dear... and how could I believe you before you had even spoken? Forgive me but 17 year old's don't tend to be rolling in the cash. When I was your age I was only working part time due to been at Sixth Form and then Uni afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles"   Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3 Dev: "PC 5 Or 6 Years Ahead of Consoles"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next